Walmart - 1 Hour Guarantee

2295 of 3873 Walmart Reviews

We went to local Wal-Mart in Cobleskill NY at 10:15 PM yesterday.The item we wanted to purchase was out of stock(Emerson 32" HDTV).

Was given a Wal-Mart 1-Hour Guarantee Gift Card#6084 3470 6222 3511 EAN 4219) and was told we can call from home to validate the purchase. As we have no computer at home, we started calling about 10:45PM. After waiting about 30 minutes, we finally reached an Associte named Curtis. Explained why I'm calling, he asked for the number on the card.

Giving him the #, he then asked for the PIN#, which is at the end. After about 3, or 4 tries, he said the # does not match and he has to transfer me to another Dep't. This did not work and I wound up in a loop. Hanging up, I tried dialing again.

First I Got a busy signal. Hung up and tried again in a minute. Got through and again got the recording.

I sat with the phone until 12.35AM and in anger hung up.This is a matter of principal now.

More Review Details

Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
2295 of 3873 Walmart Reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Dec 22, 2013 #762730

it's a very bad services and a very bad attitude my experience it's NO BUY there and I want my money back. :upset

Nov 30, 2013 #750394

I tried to register this morning for an hour and had nothing but problems....Just now I was able to get in on the first try and have my registration complete! :grin

Nov 30, 2013 #750210 Reno, Nevada

This one hour guarantee is just a scam to get you buy a Walmart gift card,hoping you won't get a refund and use the card,most people will simply use the card. Great gimmick on part of Walmart.

Nov 30, 2013 #750098 Dillon, South Carolina

:cry i try to register at one hour for a phone, and talk to someone and still no good judy mckenzie :(

Nov 29, 2013 #750083

Nov 29, 2013 #749619 Mayetta, Kansas

I got to Holton ks Wal Mart for the 32 in Emerson tv and found out that they had sold out because they started selling them at 4pm and then I had to fight to get the one hour guarantee they also told others before 7pm that they could not get the tv any longer. They also sold out of other tv's that were not suppose to sale before 8 pm this store has very bad attitude and normally go to Topeka Ks but being late went to Holton because they are closer. I am also having trouble getting my guarantee card through. thank you for your help

Nov 29, 2013 #749946 Elizabeth City, North Carolina

same sh*t happened here in Elizabeth City N.C. Now I have some paper for a one hour guarantee an can find the mf cite. :upset

Nov 29, 2013 #749614 Church Road, Virginia

Just a thought.. just saw Walmart CEO on Today show. What a joke. decided to go there yesterday to get a "guarantee" tv. We were in line before six, then told that in order to get the tv had to be in line 2 hours before? They then said that they can give a raincheck for full price. I should have known! First they trick you to come out on Thanksgiving to shop then don't have the stuff, so I guess shame on me. Never again lol.

Nov 29, 2013 #749609

Waited in line for over 2 hours, got home, and have been on the internet for 5 hours trying to process card. The website is not working! Really want this to go through for my daughter. Hope Walmart pulls it together.

Nov 29, 2013 #749492

I went to the wal mart at steelyard commons in cleveland ohio was in line at 410 for an item that did not start until 600 also my wife was in another line for a 50 inch tv at the same time that started at 800 she got a wrist band so did I we were promised 2 tvs first they lied to me I paid for the tv and was then told they did not have it asked for manager waited 1 hour no response my wife got her ticket went and paid for it we were told to go outside at the rear of store after another hour plus in that line and seeing several tvs leaving again all of a sudden they had no more tvs came home got assistant manager on the phone asked why this happened no excuse the associates were giving tvs to friends ect I am making a complaint with the district manager and the local news channels I was promised in stock merchandise not let us take over 500.00 and then give me 2 plastic cards that do not work I suggest everyone who was ripped off file complaints and see how they like losing all their business I dont understand what the idea is all about but Iam going in tomorrow if they do not get my tvs here in 3-5 business days I will file a court case against the company for theft.

Nov 29, 2013 #749489

I can't get through to the proper site. All I can find is the ads for the sales that started almost 6 hours ago.
I've already bought the TV I just want to finish my part!!

Nov 29, 2013 #749493

go to this is how I got thru.

Nov 28, 2013 #749477

Black Friday started at 6:00pm they started giving out tickets at 4:00pm.I had 2 get a 1hr graentee card that's not wright,I'll never do that again,I'll take my business somewhere else!!!

Nov 28, 2013 #749463

Walmart is a effing joke yet we all flock to this crappy service rip Sam Walton cause your heirs are screwing the people you want to serve

Nov 28, 2013 #749460

I don't understand this either we purchased it and should be able to come back and pick up our items from the store with the receipt. I cannot get on this website and I cannot get any help from Walmart. That's why I don't like giving people my money first without getting the merchandise. I already stood in line for a freaking hour just to get this piece of paper that I cant even use.

Nov 28, 2013 #749430 Danville, Kentucky

Walmart took my money and gave me a card that does not work. The website is just like Obama Care because I can't get on and when I do the the card they gave me won't work. The store manager says I can have a refund. I want my iPad! That I paid for! This needs to be fixed.

Not pleased

Nov 28, 2013 #749421 Evergreen, Colorado

Went to Walmart and received a redemption card, however, when I go to the site I get the Unable to resolve DNS address. They still can't get it together! A former employee who's a little pissed.

Nov 28, 2013 #749404

Got my 1hour guarantee card to order an iPad for the store I just paid them for (doing their job to order items) and the card comes up invalid! Called the store and was told to call because they are not responsible for the cards. Call and was told I must have picked up the wrong card. I didn't pickup anything I was given this card by the cashier!

Nov 28, 2013 #749402 Dade City, Florida

I have tried for over two HRS. to get thro but a lot of sights come up and I am unable to get this to the right sight to registration. PLEASE Call me or e- mail or I will take this card back to the store by Sunday. Phone 352 567 1941 Thanks for your help in this matter. Sarose Vinson :upset

Nov 29, 2013 #749486

go to

1-20 of 23 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Walmart. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Walmart.
Filing a new complaint about