Beware of Walmart Auto Service Centers!!

2985 of 5854 Walmart Reviews

I took my car to Walmart for an oil change in May 2009, to save my husband the time and trouble of doing it for me.When my husband changed my oil again in October 2009, he removed the filter and found written on the filter the date of 12/17/08 and the initials of the service technician at another auto service center where we had work done (including an oil change) on December 17, 2008.

I was thoroughly disgusted to find out that the Walmart auto service center had charged me for an oil change in May, but had not actually done the work.

I have been driving around for 10 months with the same oil and filter, after paying Walmart to change the oil in May!

We took our receipts, the filter, and our complaint to the manager and he at least gave us a refund, and it doesn't appear that any damage was done to our vehicle because of their negligence.But never again will I trust Walmart with my vehicle in an attempt to save time!

12a25b8d review #159275
141 32 Helpful?
Had the same issue45 Comments19
Had an experience with Walmart?  Submit review about this company
2985 of 5854 Walmart Reviews
Is it your business?
Respond to your customers as verified company representative.
Apply for free plan
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Login
Love Wally world

Jul 10, 2014 #838742 Fort Worth, Texas

Not all Walmart's are bad. Just like with any other chain each location could have its bad apples. If You let the managers know what's going on they will fix the problem and you will have a great Walmart to go to in the future.

1 0 Reply

Dec 15, 2013 #758825

I won't use them again either! I went to them to change out the bulb in my headlight.. where this one is located you have to remove my battery... they didn't reconnect the battery correctly so me and my 2 girls and my grandson were stranded 45 min from home in 20 degree weather.. and all they were going to do is reimburse me the $8 it cost to fix my headlight!

ditto

Apr 08, 2013 #634655 Baraga, Michigan

same thing happened to me, though I found out the same day they did not change the oil filter. I went back immediately and was told that they did not have the filter for my car in stock and I ask then why waste the oil? I ask store manager and automotive manager to explain the thinking behind changing oil but leaving the dirty filter in and not informing me. They both were appalled and stressed that, that is not the way it is done that they should have informed me and let me decide if I wanted them to continue to change my oil. Really no question they know better don't change oil if you don't have the oil filter in stock to replace the old one. Bad service, Bad decision! They refunded my money and told me they would change my oil and filter when they got one in for my car at no charge. I took the refund and have never returned for any automotive maintenance at Walmart.

honda prelude

Jan 17 #932425 North York, Ontario

I do not understand why anybody would want to service their car at Walmart auto centre,you are not saving money by going there,you are burning your money,go to a real garage and fix it right,of course you have to spend a little more money,you get what you pay for,but people do not get it!

MrsLea01

May 04, 2012 #475611

I am really mad at the pharmacy because they wouldn't give me extra pain medicine. My doctor gave me a prescription for 30 pills, but I lost the bottle and tried to get more pain pills at the pharmacy. I even told the pharmacy associate that my husband works at the Walmart home office. After she and the pharmacist said they would not give me my drugs without a new precription, I decided to give them a second chance and would try again in a few minutes. But guess what? When I went back in 15 minutes, the pharmacy was closed for lunch. HOW DARE THEY?? They should be there to serve the customer anytime the customers wants something.

0 5 Reply

Feb 09, 2013 #606205 Lansing, Michigan

your *** plain and simple!! :x

3 1 Reply

Apr 08, 2013 #634598 Louisville, Kentucky

*** THEM FOR NOT GIVING YOU RANDOM PAIN KILLERS WITHOUT A PRESCRIPTION! HOW DARE THEY

3 1 Reply
another nobody

Apr 29, 2013 #643556

do you really expect a pharmacy to give out prescription pain medication to you without a valid prescription??? they are supposed to risk losing thier jobs because you were negligent with your medication??? get real!!!!!

5 0 Reply
Of Course

Aug 18, 2013 #702002

I applaud them for not giving you extra pills. It is illegal to give prescription medication without a prescription. Your negligence should not require them to break the law.

4 0 Reply
honda accord coupe

Jan 17 #932433 North York, Ontario

You lost your bottle,of course you need a new prescription,stop complainting and go to your doctor or call him or her to talk to the pharmacy,they might be able to fix the problem

MrsLea

May 04, 2012 #475518

You don't have to tell me twice. I don't use the WM auto center anymore, nor the pharmacy. They hire some of the worst people in the world to work those places.

jc

May 04, 2012 #475496

:cry

U.S. National Guard

Dec 26, 2009 #98065

In the name of the victims of Hiroshima and Nagasaki by brutal Protestant Christain Nuclear bombs even nover millions of pregrqanant Japanese ladies - in 1945 by America The Judas: Good Friday 2010 on April 2nd., at the tenth hour!

In The name of:
Mahatma Gandhi with modern 100 million trained rapid Hindu preachers.

President Risto Ryti of Finland WITH ALL THE ACADEMIC FINNS WITHIN NOKIA MOST OF WHOM HAVE ARTIC COMMANDO OFFICERS RANKS.

THE ARAB WORLD.

The Germans brutalized during nThe U.S. Judas occupation 1945 - 1990 with A CLEAR MEMORQANCE OF THE PHOSPHORICV BOMBS YOU DROPPED ON OUR PREGANT GRANDMOTHERS IN 1945.

Italians in North America.

People of Latin America, Venezuela, Brazil, tc.

Your Federal Bureau of Idiocy!

This is no joke but one should take it in a humoristic way and take one of your American medice tablets as long as our American pharmacetuical companies have not in a nightmare turned into living quicksilver thermometer theaters.
Best redards,
Double Iron Cross Officer, just kidding!

Jul 28, 2014 #847453 Hudson, Florida

What are you Retarded???

Britt

Dec 07, 2009 #92597

I live in Alabama and the almart that li ve by gave me a tune up last week and as i watched i relized that what most people say about all Walmarts must not be true about ours. I know alot about cars but i dont have the time to get under the hood of my own because by the time i get a chance its to late in the day to get a good look. They exceeded my expectations of there work and im impressed. :p

Jack

Oct 28, 2009 #82468

:roll I Have worked at a walmart in california for 4years we had an assit. manager get there oil change done at our walmart. one blown engine later she had found you that they forgot to put the oil back in a was driving with no oil in her engine.

blueberry

Oct 20, 2009 #80315

Beware of service centers like Wal-mart, they hire so-called technicians with very little training and rejects from the industry. I think Wal-mart like many other businesses try to do the all-in-one thing and cannot. They need to focus on what they do best. Retailers seem to be very greedy and never make enough profit, I heard on the news recently that Wal-mart says their sales are down, but whenever I visit the store the parking lot is full & the wait @ the cashier is long, but as I'm shopping I seem to have a hard time finding assistance. :upset :upset

Nolesgirl21

Oct 15, 2009 #79082

I totally agree. I had a similar issue with a Wal-Mart auto service center here in Tallahassee, FL. I took my car there to get an oil change when my regular mechanic was closed one day and thought it was done properly. For my next scheduled oil change about 3 months later I returned to my regular mechanic only to find out that Wal-Mart had improperly installed a plug that keeps the oil from leaking out. I was so angry...NEVER AGAIN WAL-MART! NEVER AGAIN!

0 0 Reply

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Walmart.
Filing a new complaint about
×