Beware of Walmart Auto Service Centers!!

3631 of 3905 Walmart Reviews

I took my car to Walmart for an oil change in May 2009, to save my husband the time and trouble of doing it for me.When my husband changed my oil again in October 2009, he removed the filter and found written on the filter the date of 12/17/08 and the initials of the service technician at another auto service center where we had work done (including an oil change) on December 17, 2008.

I was thoroughly disgusted to find out that the Walmart auto service center had charged me for an oil change in May, but had not actually done the work.

I have been driving around for 10 months with the same oil and filter, after paying Walmart to change the oil in May!

We took our receipts, the filter, and our complaint to the manager and he at least gave us a refund, and it doesn't appear that any damage was done to our vehicle because of their negligence.But never again will I trust Walmart with my vehicle in an attempt to save time!

More Review Details

Had the same issue 60 Yes 60
3631 of 3905 Walmart Reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Oct 27 #1054626

Will never take my car to Walmart for tires and balance there ignorant don't no what's there doing and take forever with your car

Sep 23 #1037845

Very helpful thank you,

Sep 14 #1033744

If you actually ran your car for ten months without an oil change, something was likely to break. I figure they DID the work and you're just being an ignorant *** cause you actually had to pay money for someone else to work on your car cause you're too lazy too. Sorry if you're feelings are hurt, but it is what it is, grow up, find something better to complain about rather than an assumption based purely off of an un-educated guess.

0 3 Reply

Sep 30 #1041287

You are wrong dumb--- you can actually drive your car for6-7 thousand miles before an oil change is actually needed and the chances of damaging occurs! They say 3000 so they can make money! So, I believe her completely. You must work for WallyMart.

Jun 09 #992865 Waterford, New York

Where did this happen. I have always had grest service there.I will be double checking from now on thanks for the heads up.

May 06 #980727

I got two back tires at Walmart in November 2014. Was told it would be a little bit. Well that little bit turned into 5hrs! I was so mad and so were other people as well. Now it is May 2015 and my car was vibrating bad so I took it to my mechanic and he told me there was bulges in the tread and that the tire was defective. He saw that they were new and told me to take it back up to Walmart and have them switch it with a new one since I paid for road hazard. I go up there and wait 2 hrs for them to tell me they couldn't find anything on any of my tires. What liars! I drove it back to the mechanic and he showed my dad where the bulges were and they are so clear to see! So today my dad is bringing my car back to Walmart and showing the so called mechanics there the bulges. I don't know if they didn't want to change out the tire or because I'm a women I would believe anything they would say. Never again after this would I ever go back to Walmart for anything on my vehicle. They should just close the auto section down. I've seen so many complaints all over the US about them.

Love Wally world

Jul 10, 2014 #838742 Fort Worth, Texas

Not all Walmart's are bad. Just like with any other chain each location could have its bad apples. If You let the managers know what's going on they will fix the problem and you will have a great Walmart to go to in the future.

3 1 Reply

Dec 15, 2013 #758825

I won't use them again either! I went to them to change out the bulb in my headlight.. where this one is located you have to remove my battery... they didn't reconnect the battery correctly so me and my 2 girls and my grandson were stranded 45 min from home in 20 degree weather.. and all they were going to do is reimburse me the $8 it cost to fix my headlight!

Apr 08, 2013 #634655 Baraga, Michigan

same thing happened to me, though I found out the same day they did not change the oil filter. I went back immediately and was told that they did not have the filter for my car in stock and I ask then why waste the oil? I ask store manager and automotive manager to explain the thinking behind changing oil but leaving the dirty filter in and not informing me. They both were appalled and stressed that, that is not the way it is done that they should have informed me and let me decide if I wanted them to continue to change my oil. Really no question they know better don't change oil if you don't have the oil filter in stock to replace the old one. Bad service, Bad decision! They refunded my money and told me they would change my oil and filter when they got one in for my car at no charge. I took the refund and have never returned for any automotive maintenance at Walmart.

honda prelude

Jan 17 #932425 North York, Ontario

I do not understand why anybody would want to service their car at Walmart auto centre,you are not saving money by going there,you are burning your money,go to a real garage and fix it right,of course you have to spend a little more money,you get what you pay for,but people do not get it!

May 04, 2012 #475611

I am really mad at the pharmacy because they wouldn't give me extra pain medicine. My doctor gave me a prescription for 30 pills, but I lost the bottle and tried to get more pain pills at the pharmacy. I even told the pharmacy associate that my husband works at the Walmart home office. After she and the pharmacist said they would not give me my drugs without a new precription, I decided to give them a second chance and would try again in a few minutes. But guess what? When I went back in 15 minutes, the pharmacy was closed for lunch. HOW DARE THEY?? They should be there to serve the customer anytime the customers wants something.

0 10 Reply

Feb 09, 2013 #606205 Lansing, Michigan

your *** plain and simple!! :x

3 1 Reply

Apr 08, 2013 #634598 Louisville, Kentucky

6 1 Reply
another nobody

Apr 29, 2013 #643556

do you really expect a pharmacy to give out prescription pain medication to you without a valid prescription??? they are supposed to risk losing thier jobs because you were negligent with your medication??? get real!!!!!

9 0 Reply
Of Course

Aug 18, 2013 #702002

I applaud them for not giving you extra pills. It is illegal to give prescription medication without a prescription. Your negligence should not require them to break the law.

6 0 Reply
honda accord coupe

Jan 17 #932433 North York, Ontario

You lost your bottle,of course you need a new prescription,stop complainting and go to your doctor or call him or her to talk to the pharmacy,they might be able to fix the problem

Jun 14 #994924 Leesburg, Georgia

You sound like you on pain med you dummie. You know you Need a prescription for refills I don't work at walmart pharmacy but i know not give your dumb a.. a refill go home complain to your husband maybe he can get you some help. DRUG REHAB

2 0 Reply

Jul 02 #1002834

I worked Undercover Narcotics for many years for my local Sheriff's Department. One guy we arrested told us he could get pain pills (Codeine) without a 'script at a certain pharmacy.
So that started a "sting operation" that covered seven Counties, and netted us 8 busts. The conclusion was that the overwhelming percentage of Pharmacy's doing everything according to the DEA's guidelines, but a few Pharmacists are pushing product out the back door, and pocketing the profits.
Sooner or later, the records of what's being stocked isn't going to account for what's in inventory, and someone's going to get caught. You might have lost your pills, I did once while on vacation, (I left them in a hotel room), or you might be an abuser, the pharmacy has no way of knowing.

May 04, 2012 #475518

You don't have to tell me twice. I don't use the WM auto center anymore, nor the pharmacy. They hire some of the worst people in the world to work those places.

1-20 of 27 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.