Walmart - Fraudulent Product Replacement Plan
I purchased a Philips MP3 player and product replacement plan from Walmart in October, 2009. The player went completely dead in November, 2010, after the manufacturer's warranty had expired, but while it was still covered by the product replacement plan.
I tried to submit a claim on Walmart's designated web site the first week of November, but the site produced an error message when I clicked on 'submit'. I contacted customer service who told me the submission worked and I would be mailed a return UPS label. I was told that three days after the UPS label was scanned I would receive a refund on my designated gift card.
After three weeks I had not received the mailing label, so I called customer service again. I was told they could not send my label to a PO Box. The web site did not indicate a problem with my address when I entered it and they never tried to contact me to alert me to this problem even though they had my mailing address and email address. At that time they emailed me a UPS label and I returned the unit.
Walmart received my unit on December 23rd. A week later I checked my gift card and found my refund had not been issued. So, I called customer service and they verified my unit had been delivered. They said there was a glitch with their system that prevented it from registering the delivery. I was told I would receive my refund after they manually entered receipt of the delivery, in one week.
It is now January 6, 2011. Their web-site still says I have no claim, but when I try to re-submit says I cannot submit a duplicate claim. I have not received my refund and it has been two months since I submitted my claim. According to their advertising, "The Product Replacement Plan protects you from the expense and inconvenience of unexpected repairs. Plus, your covered product is replaced in days, not weeks.".
I called customer service again and was told a supervisor could call me back in 3 - 5 days. I stated that was not acceptable and was transferred to a supervisor who told me there was another glitch in their system that prevented the refunds from showing up on some gift cards. With all their system glitches I'm amazed their telephones still work. The supervisor (Jodi), said I would be mailed a check in 7 - 10 business days. Perhaps, perhaps not. I asked to have my refund immediately applied to my gift card and was told that's not possible.
I am completely disgusted by this entire process. Anger. Hate. Venom. These words barely describe my feelings towards Walmart now. It does not seem possible that one request could be plagued by so many 'glitches'. I think it's quite obvious that Walmart has acted in bad faith. I have spent far more than $70 worth of my time trying to collect my refund. But, that's the point isn't it? Get tired and give up. Then, they won't have to pay the refund to which I'm entitled under the policy. Well, I won't give up. I will file suit if I have to.
Furthermore, I intend to boycott Walmart. I will not be spending any of my thousands of dollars per year in groceries at their new super-center opening in our town this spring. I will not be spending any of my thousands of dollars per year on necesseties at Walmart. I was about to purchase a 46" inch flatscreen television from Walmart. Not now. Not ever. Never. Way to go Walmart!
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "Laptop advertised in paper ad and on Internet from Walmart for $549. Found out can only order on line. Click on ad and took me to Walmart's site..."
- "So I knew that Walmart did not take great care of their fish, but I had never seen anything worse than what I saw the other night. almost all the..."
- "ATTN: Walmart on June 7, 2013 I purchased a Ready Pac Bistro Chicken Caesar Salad from Wal-Mart in Clarksville, IN (zip code- 47129) and on June 8, 2013 I decided..."
- "its a scam. I mean to me it was clear that they were going to charge $50 after 5 days, so that does not bother me. t asked..."
- "Advertised a white Screen door cross bar handle for $11.75 but billed me full price at $12.99 on my email invoice! Also the tax on invoice was incorrectly calculated for LA..."
- "A copy of an emailing sent to account. Now after being given the run around...this card is a joke! Don't use it unless u enjoy head aches and being lied..."
- "Bought this phone to replace an AT&T phone that we wore out. Bought it 2 months ago and have been using it for about 1 month. Speakerphone is horrible on..."
- "I ordered bi focla sun glasses from the Superstition Springs Optical. When they came in, I felt the bi focal was too low. I was told by the forceful, rude..."
- "Sit means sit in Pittsburgh is by far the worst place you could go to get dog training. They use shock collars as their first "go to" resource before..."