• show-popup

Location Athens, Georgia
Category Supermarkets and Malls
Views 260
Monetary Loss

WALMART CORP.DOES NOT HAVE ANY INFORMATION WRITTEN FOR THE CONSUMER TO SEE FIRSTHAND HOW A THREE YEAR FREE WARRANTY ON AN AUTOMOBILE BATTERY IS CONSTRUED OTHER THAN SAYING IT HAS A WARRANTY FOR THREE YEARS FOR FREE REPLACEMENT.

HOW IS IT PRORATED? I ASKED AND WAS TOLD THAT NO PAPERWORK COULD BE GIVEN TO ME SHOWING A PRORATION FEE FOR ANY OVER THE FREE REPLACEMENT WARRANTY. TAKE IT LIKE IT IS. NO USE CALLING CORPORATION AS THEY ONLY REFER YOU BACK TO THE SAME PEOPLE THAT TOLD YOU THEY DO NOT KNOW HOW IT IS PRORATED.

ONE TOLD ME IF IT HAD A 108 MONTH PRORATION IT MEANT THAT YOU HAD TO REMOVE THE FREE REPLACEMENT PERIOD FROM THAT WHICH LEAVES THE PRORATION 72 MONTHS NOT 108. WHO IS LYING? HOW DO I KNOW HOW ONE MONTH PAST FREE WARRANTY PERIOD WOULD COST ME? THEY WANTED 36 DOLLARS FOR A BATTERY THAT COST ME 72 DOLLARS NEW AND IT WAS ONLY ONE MONTH PAST THE FREE WARRANTY PERIOD AND HAD 72 MORE TO GO AND WHAT WOULD THAT HAVE COST ME?

THEY DO NOT HAVE A SCALE CHART TO SHOW A CUSTOMER AND THIS IS ETHICAL WHICH BORDERS ON FALSE ADVERTISEMENT AND THE TRUTH AND LEADING ACT. WALMART NEEDS TO GIVE INFORMATION TO A CUSTOMER IN REGARD TO HOW MUCH IT WILL COST THEM FOR ANY PRORATION FEES ---------PRIOR TO THEIR PURCHASE FOR THE CUSTOMERS SAKE INSTEAD OF TELLING THEM TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT AS YOU HAVE TO ACCEPT WHAT WE TELL YOU? I NEED SOLID INFORMATION. WHERE IS THE CHART TO SHOW THE EXACT DETAIL OF THEIR WARRANTY EXPLAINED ON PAPER?

COME ON.

I WANT TO KNOW.GIVE ME THE BOOK ON THE BATTERIES SO I WILL KNOW WHAT BATTERY I NEED TO BUY FOR ME TO SAVE SOME MONEY! 2ff624d

Comments (3) Hide comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Mar 28, 2012
Well, one store wanted 36 buck so i went to another one 50 miles away and lo, guess what!, I got it free. They were so very nice to me that i could not believe what happened when the clerk said "oh, here is the date of manufacture and the date of delivery which falls on the date today." I was flabergasted? Now, I am ok but the first experience got my goat. I knew even with one month over it should not have been 36 dollars on a 108 month warranty being only 37 months into it. Just a *** i was dealing with and believe me there are a bunch of them at Wal Marts but this one was honest.
Reply to Floyd

Mar 28, 2012
"3-Year FREE Replacement" doesn't mean that at Sam's Club, as I found out today. Battery failed in 2 years, but I had to pay the diff between current battery price and the price paid 2 years ago ($8 with tax). Same policy at local Wal-Mart. Third-worlders at "Customer Service" desk absolutely no help and could care less. Free means free at some stores, but not here. Cheaper prices, yes, but you pay for it.
Reply to Gyrene

Read next Walmart complaint

Walmart the thief

On my visit to this Wal-mart on 3/18 I purchased some groceries totaling $154.73. At that time the...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about Walmart.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug