Walmart - Pharmacy Hours?

I have a sprained ankle and am in an Aircast. I needed a prescription filled to take down the swelling in my foot. I called Wal-Mart to see what time their pharmacy closed to which I was told 9pm.

I hobbled into Wal-Mart and found the pharmacy. It was 8:30pm on the dot. Upon approaching the window I made eye contact with the man behind the counter. I then stood there for about 5 minutes. Finally, the man said to me, "Hello, ma'am. We won't be able to fill your prescription. We close at 9pm." I asked him if he could please at least look at the prescription as it's a pretty common one. He said, "No, there's no way to fill it."

My question is this -- Why would you say you close at 9pm when apparently you close at 8:30pm? Why wouldn't the person who answered the phone when I called let me know that they wouldn't fill my prescription thereby saving me the painful walk in?

I'm sorry but this is going to be the last time I even think about going to Wal-Mart pharmacy. Poor customer service is inexcusable.

More Review Details

Helpful? 89 Yes 89 229 No 229
Had the same issue 98 Yes 98
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Mar 03 #1121276

You don't seem bright, they don't close at 8:30 they close a 9 as they say, but they just do not accept prescriptions at the last minute. Next time go early and think logically like an adult

2 2 Reply

May 22 #1163013

There's no reason they can't fill one last prescription if they cared about people.

1 2 Reply
Not_the_0P

May 23 #1163109 Benicia, California

It takes time to fill out prescriptions, besides legally they would not be allowed to give the prescription to her anyways since she is under 18. She needs to learn the difference between bad customer service and not giving in to temper tantrums when the person is wrong.

Feb 04 #1105981

Do you expect any other business to take in more than they can do????? Do you take your car in 1/2 hr before closing and expect it done before closing? Do you walk into your Drs and expect them to see you with no appointment, 1/2 hr before closing. He wasn't closed, he was catching up from the busy day and knew how much he had left.
Plan ahead. Don't expect the world to rotate around you

6 0 Reply
donkydic

Jun 21 #1175885

They better or they will lose my bidnesses.

Dec 27, 2015 #1084314

Most Walmart RX employees are fools and liars. I have been getting my Oxy 30mg.filled there for 9 months and I go in to get it filled and this new pharmacy tech is Hispanic and a liar. I give it my script and she immediately says that they don't carry it. (She didn't say they were out but they didn't carry it) I told her she was a liar and I need to speak to somebody that tells the truth. A white RX tech came over and said she was new and got it wrong. I said BS that she lied about it and didn't look it up or even speak to the pharmacist. The white tech said they will have it ready in 30 minutes and if I wanted to wait. I went to the manager after getting it filled and really complained. The next month the liar was gone and my prescription was filled without any lies or drama. 'Nuff said !

LadyScot

Jan 04 #1088910

It was probably a visiting pharmacist who made a mistake. Talking to the store manager does absolutely NOTHING. The pharmacy in a retail store is NOT controlled by the management or home office. It is controlled by the state. Only the State Department of Pharmacy can remove a pharmacist. Nuff said.

bobs2015

May 22 #1163009

Pharmacist are just people who couldn't get into optometry school. Have fun counting pills while I get to help my patients actually get to see.

Apr 27 #1150958

Your stupidity is astounding... Freaking junky lol

ransom

Dec 19, 2015 #1081093

Look folks, it's easy!
If you don't like the service you get from Walmart, go somewhere else.

Bobs2015

Dec 01, 2015 #1072402

How f'ing hard is it to be a farmacist. I mean really, push pills into a bottle. just work harder and faster!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Apr 27 #1150959

Your an ***, all the legal *** they have to do first and I know your job at McDonald's is fairly simple but their mistakes mean something. If you've never made over $8 an hour don't pretend you know what goes on in a professional job.

May 09 #1156389

You can't even spell pharmacist @Bobs2015. Harder and faster isn't always better. You won't be saying harder and faster when they rush through getting your script together so you won't be an *** to them and it's the wrong kind and/or number bc you rushed them. They are legally responsible for any mistakes made. If you don't like it go to school for X amount of years and you can do it yourself, since after all it's so easy.

youarewrong

Nov 27, 2015 #1070393 Carencro, Louisiana

The pharmacist only has to count some pills into a bottle. How long could it take???????????? seriousy!!!!!

LadyScot

Feb 07 #1108074

If that is all you think a pharmacist does then I sure do not want to get my pills from your pharmacy.

May 22 #1162910

pharmacist are just people who couldn't get into optometry school. So you have to get a license, big whoop. So you use a cake batter spatula to push pills into a bottle, big deal. you can count from one to about 100, big whoop.

May 22 #1163007

It is not hard. Let me show you. Take out the cake batter mixer looking tool and pour the pills on the counter. Rake them into the bottle 1,2,3,4............and on and on. Put the cap on the bottle and hand it to the patient. Done.

Oct 05, 2015 #1043388

It takes time to fill a script, and if a licensed pharmacist is NOT present, the pharmacy is closed. That is the law! Bottom line is, if the pharmacist cannot get to your script before 9:00 PM, then it makes no sense for you to wait.

Sep 06, 2015 #1030523

Walmaet buys the majority of products from China.
China pays women to get abortions.
Where do all the church goers go on Sunday? Thats right. Hipocrites!

1 2 Reply

1-20 of 139 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Walmart. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Walmart.
Filing a new complaint about
×