• show-popup

Shares 0

Walmart - Straight Talk Wireless Phone Plans = SUCK!!

• by   Jan 08, 2010
  • 176 comments
  • Review #: 167071
Company Walmart
Location Los Angeles, California
Category Supermarkets and Malls
Views 4494

I DON'T recommend Straight Talk Wireless Plans sold in Walmart.
I made the mistake of getting it before New Year's.

They they transfer my phone # from my old carrier right away but failed to activate my phone until 5 days later. I was unable to call family for New Year's, lost business for 5 days and was extremely frustrated. I decided to find a more reputable company and when I tried to transfer the phone back, they held it hostage and wouldn't release it. IT WAS THE WORST EXPERIENCE!!!

Never again. Don't use it!You will regret it.

Their service is the worst. 306e200

Comments (176) Hide comments
Showing 20 of 176 comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Mar 28  from Munster, Indiana
My name is Phil Gainer I purchased a Sumsung Galaxy S73 to come with $45 straight Talk wireless phone card online
.did not get card
order# 0000002626003641420
Item #61696005829
Please send me my phone card,, I usually have good experience
with Wallmart lets keep it going. Thankyou Philip Gainer
Reply to merk

Jan 15
Running a Nexus 4 on ST right now, T-Mobile towers and I got 4g all day, haven't had a dropped call yet and even my data hasn't been capped and in well over using about 12 gigs in the last week alone. Extremely happy, half you complaining people are just morons it sounds like. Buy a decent phone, read up online first. And not just reviews on Walmart, try forums!
Reply to Daver

Sep 27, 2013
Also, if youre going to complain about losing your number because uou didnt pay your bill, youre an ***. usually you have about a week until you lose your number. That can vary though from a day to a month if youre lucky. You cant really be mad at a company if youre just too lazy to pay your bill on time.
Reply to 0101walmartcellphoneemployee 0

Sep 27, 2013
Mmmmkkk... First off, straight talk does have unlimited talk and text. Data is capped at 1.5gb. So if you eatch netflix, skype, hotspot, stream music, etc there is a possibility that they will turn your data off for an undisclosed amount of time. When it comes to international calling, you can't just be calling international numbers, they can put a hold on your account because they assume you aren't making personal calls, and the system automatically blocks your international calling. Next, different phones use different carriers, cdma-v, verizon, cdma-s sprint, gsm can either be att or tmobile. You can find this in the bottom left hand corner of your packaging. Next, porting a numbet from one company to another? Have your number, account number, pin, last 4 of account holders ssn, account holders name, billing address, and email to the account. you cant owe them money, cant be in a contract, and the srrvice has to be active. The porting can take as long as 2 days, 48hours. In the mean time you phone will actuallu still work, after its fully ported, call your company and ask for a final bill. Also, the average person uses about 1.5gb. If you want to watch movies, connect to wifi. Youre welcome.
Reply to 0101walmartcellphoneemployee 0

Sep 09, 2013  from Cleveland, Ohio
IM sorry but the service really sucks.dropped calls,no internet,bad reception even in a urban area. It's not a good deal unless it actually works. Walmart sucks,your stores are dirty and understaffed with underpaid paid people who could care less. Selling cheap Chinese *** thats worthless,remember when you cared and sold american made items It's just a matter of time before Target gets it's share. Walmart is a joke and a soon failure.
Reply to nickhateswalmart

Aug 10, 2013  from Seymour, Indiana
The only issue I have is the customer service. It is well below a 0 :cry Everytime I call I get put on hold, a forign person answers and puts me back on hold and does not fix the issue.
Reply to Martini

Jul 09, 2013  from Walnut Creek, California
I've had straight talk less than a year and I'm in my 3 rd garbage phone, call customer service and get a foreigner every time who can't help with anything. Service all around I'd terrible and a waste of money
Reply to Anonymous

Feb 21, 2013  from Dallas, Texas
I don't understand the complaints about the phone themselves--these are the same name brand phone you can buy from Verizon & AT&T! The Prices are ok per month.
The customer service does Suck--I believe most of the time you get the retards in India. It took me three calls to port my number over a period of three Days. Don't call on Saturday or you will have to wait in line. Finally I asked for a Supervisor and got a lady in the Philipines. She was able to get my phone working in an hour. The customer service in India is provided by a third party call center --probably called STREAM International. They do not provide much training & they moved outside of the USA to get cheap employees. In addition, a couple of hours after calling customer service, my verizon phone was spammed with text messages> I think some of the employees are taking the customers number and then spamming them. Straight talk should fire the third party customer service company. They do a terrible job.
Reply to badservice

May 05, 2013  from New Orleans, Louisiana
I have been with straigtalk for about three years. I love the service. BUT GOD HELP YOU if you let your card run out. When you get it turned back on ,even hours later they want to give you a new number. I have had this number for years. So I usually have to fight with them for hours on the phone, and after three times I now go straight to the manager. As we speak right now my son is fighting with them. He let his phone run out of minutes and they turned it off. He has been fighting with them for two days. What is up with this ***? What could possibly be the reason for doing this to there costomers. So until they get a handle on this I wouldn't recommend.
Reply to rosiebuster1

Jan 21, 2013  from Orlando, Florida
Every where on StraightTalk's website it refers to Terms of Service, TOS. Those of you complaining about watch movies on your phones are clearly not following the TOS. Even computer tethering is clearly a violation. So far folling the TOS I've had no issues other than a few dropped calls but no more than my two previous carriers AT&T and Verizon! So complaining about you were shut off goes nowhere on my book!!!!

Unlimited*
Reply to You're kidding right!

Apr 10, 2013  from Conover, North Carolina
I don't watch movies and they cut my data and can't get any customer service. Worst I've ever dealt with...

Reply to ts

May 12, 2013
Well They shouldn't advertise "unlimited data" this is clearly a false statement. Unlimited means unlimited, lets get real why should somebody need to read the T&C's (Terms and Conditions) for something that is supposedly included in their service. It's very deceptive/false advertising!!
Reply to Vedder

Sep 20, 2012  from Los Angeles, California
Have 'em and dropping them, again. yes I said again, I must suffer from *** - I had ST for 6 months a while back, purchased their android phone (my 1st smartphone) had questions and the non-english speaking customer service reps had virtually no helpful responses. Calls were often dropped and when redialing the last call, was unable to dial out and I had service. Other times "No service" did happen often and found if I removed battery it reset phone service BUT doing this 7-10 times a day is NUTS. Poor reception both outgoing (they cant really hear you) and incoming. I decided to reestablish my home landline then, realizing I needed cell for travel I restarted my straighttalk service. *** move on my part! Can't call out OFTEN and same old problems persist. That's it I am done, anyone want to buy my andrioid phone?
Reply to VERBALBANTER

Sep 16, 2012  from Alexandria, Louisiana
ALWAYS ASK FOR A SUPERVISOR - ALWAYS! Be PERSISTENT and INSIST on speaking to a supervisor when they keep saying they can help you. The 1st line reps don't know anything and always give you wrong info. Their servers are in Florida but the call center is in the Philippines. Their English is so poor you can't understand them, even when you tell them to slow down.They need to send these people to diction school. On a rare occasion you may get an American supervisor who speaks real English. I think they're staying in business from new customers because I don't see how anyone would keep their service for any length of time. I'd be willing to bet it's like a revolving door - in and out.
Reply to MadAsHell

Aug 16, 2012
LOST A NUMBER I HAD FOR 16 YEARS!!!!! RUN, RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN. No sense in explaining why a dumb return clerk at Wal-Mart and a no English speaking dummy at ST gave me a new no. after being on Wal-Mart's phone for 45 mins.
Reply to MadAsHell

May 18, 2012
I have had straight talk for over 2years now. I caught them stealing days of service from my phone.while attempting to make a call the no service notice appeared,which usually never happens.when the service came back the days of service was saying I had 4 days of service left.Strange, because just that morning I remembered I had 7 days.I called customer service and after a few CS reps I spoke to the manager.He had them give me 12 days of service.GREAT,now that I caught them I just want to find a new no contract cell phone service. I live in the central Florida.I don't want to deal with these scumbags anymore.
Reply to Charles

May 24, 2013
guess I should go check my service date then huh?
Reply to frustrated

May 15, 2012
Thanks for all the postings. I am convinced not to buy a Straight Talk phone. Back to AT&T I go.
Reply to Robert

Apr 22, 2012
Straight Talk Wireless Phones are JUNK! Within 2 weeks I began having all sorts of problems with it. Tried to take it back to Walmart and they refused to exchange or refund me with 2 weeks of use. We have local media that loves to investigate problems with no resolution. Think I'll give them a call. :(
Reply to sickofbiengrippedoff

Apr 21, 2012
I got a straight talk phone for christmas and by april they had deactivated it due to over acess to the internet
Reply to Noah

Read next Walmart complaint

Walmart giftcards never work!

I love using giftcards, and I shop at Walmart pretty regularly.However, every time I attempt to use...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about Walmart.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug