Walmart - Unhappy employees

2256 of 2856 Walmart Reviews

I have worked at store 3510 now for almost 11/2 years and a good employee for Walmart.I am widowed and now they have cut hours for the steady older employees and hired new employees giving away our hours.

I know 32 to 34 hours is not much, but is desperately needed for some of us. I don't understand the logic behind this delima. You have a lot of unhappy loyal employees at this time. Management said they cannot give additional hours so what gives???For Shortage on cashiers when chek out lines get long they call in the stockers taking them away from their duties.

This doesn't make any since to me.The steady cashiers need the hours to make a living and provide for their famalies.

c39e506 review #213562
2 Helpful? 0
Had the same issue0 Comments12 Report
2256 of 2856 Walmart Reviews
Had an experience with Walmart?  Submit review about this company
Bill the Greeter

Feb 10, 2013

In our store just last month they gave us all a pat on the back for our profitability. This month they are cutting hours so that the managers will get a bigger bonus. The bonuses that store managers get can be more than three times the average wage of the people that do the work. I usually worked 32 or 33 hours a week because I did my job well and because I am on medicare they don't offer me health benefits. I am now cut to 16 hours a week if I am lucky. We have a zone manager that spends most of his time sitting on a bench with his cell phone plugged in his ears. We have greeters that refuse to do any work because it isn't their job. We have one that hides out most of her shift in her car which is parked where the camera can't see her. She tells one area that she is working somewhere else and tells the somewhere else that she is working elsewhere. Don't even try to get your shift matched with a family member because you share a car. That will get your shifts really screwed up because they don't want to make it easier for the employees or they are to lazy to do the work required to match the schedules. I am over 70 years old and I do the work of three younger employees but my work is not appreciated. By the way, most of the customers think I am a great greeter because of my friendly helpful attitude.

BigBruce

Jun 03, 2012

Business lesson #3 for Simon - Federal minimum wage is $7.25/hour.
Wal-Mart and other companies does not want to have a high turnover. Keep in mind it costs a company to recruit, hire, and train new employers. Time spent reviewing applications, interviewing, and training is money spent.

Jedi Knight Ethan

Jun 03, 2012

Chris, how old are you resulting to name calling? Most people stop this childish behaviour by the time they are nine or ten. if this employee understood business they would not complain. Also just because she thinks highly of herself and thinks she is a good worker does not mean her managers and coworkers think the same.

hollins1

Jun 02, 2012

MAYBE IF THE EMPLOYEE'S AT WALMART DID NOT BICKER SO MUCH WITH EACH OTHER.YOU ALL WOULD GET BETTER RESULT'S FROM MANAGEMENT.IF YOU DO NOT LIKE YOUR JOB'S QUIT.YOU CAN BE REPLACED BELIEVE THAT.A JOB WITH SHORT HOUR'S IS BETTER THAN KNOW JOB AT ALL.COME ON NOW WTF.I AM SURE EVERYONE ALL OVER THE WORLD IS TIRED OF HEARING WALMART BICKER.YOU EMPLOYEE'S ARE GIVING WALMART A BAD IMAGE.AS IF THEY NEED ONE.

Shona

Jun 02, 2012

Walmart is too big for its britches now. customers don't care about customers service, only low price. Walmart takes advantage of their employees because they can get away with it. Stockers only at night do the work of 3 different employees and it's completely wrong that management puts so much pressure on it's workers. Walmart is a circus and you just have to hope your not part of the freak show.

phairest

Jan 21, 2011 Windermere, Florida

There's no shortage of evidence that Walmart systematically dicks over their employees in this and other ways. I don't shop there much anymore (actually easy since I discovered ALDI), and I hope you can find better employment ASAP

Kat

Jan 04, 2011

I wish I could get 32 to 34 hours a week! I'm lucky if I get 12. It's actually funny that you're complaining about this, because I applied at Walmart earlier today in hopes of getting a job with more hours.

Jan 02, 2011

Well I hope your assistant manager position at McDonald's works out. Maybe someday you will learn how to make some real money in management.

Chris

Jan 02, 2011

Its the veteran employees that make customers come back. They are know the product better and some may now the consumer on a first name basis. They also perform tasks more efficiently. Its those employees that will make a company more money. Paying them an extra dollar or two is worth it in my company. I could care less how you feel managers should act. In the workplace I do have dignity respect and professionalism but outside of work Im not going to let people act like jerks to others without calling them out on it

Jan 02, 2011

Business lesson #2 made simple for chris: Veteran employees make more than new employees. If they do the same job, would you rather pay someone $7 an hour or $9? Add up $2 over hundreds of hours and it sure does make a difference. I'm surprised a "manager" doesn't know that. I'm not saying it's morally right, but the bottom line looks better.

I'm happy to see you resorted to name calling and profanity. Further proof you are not a manager of anything that matters. Real managers carry a sort of dignity and professionalism that you are certainly lacking. You sound like you couldn't manage your way out of the parking lot, let alone a business.

chris

Jan 02, 2011

Simon you are a ***. I am sure the employee understands your "business lesson". It still doesnt make it right. I have been in management for many years now and understand the importance of keeping my veteran employees happy. I understand saving payroll but if the hours are just being given to new employees it doesnt make a difference. Simon do us all a favor and keep your "lessons" to yourself. Oh and by the way your last sentence was missing a word so before you jump on anyone's spelling make sure your post is correct. ***.

Jan 02, 2011

Quick business lesson made simple for you: Stores need to make certain amount of money or managers go bye-bye. The biggest cost of almost all businesses is labor. By keeping labor costs down, the store saves money and ensures the security of EVERYONE's job at the store. If you were a manager and had any "since", you would do it the same way. The fact that don't understand this probably explains why you will never become more than a front line employee.

0 0 Reply

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.