We took our car a 2004 Chevy Trailblazer to Walmart for it's regular oil change and vehicle checkup.During the checkup it came to our attention that the transmission dipstick had been broken off and they could not check the fluid in the transmission.They said they did not do it and that it most likely happened the oil change before which was also at a Walmart.At that time we were told by Barry (the service mgr) it was okay to drive the vehicle .One week later the transmission locked up and had to be towed to a transmission specialist who said the faleure was do to lack of fluid in the transmission.We feel that in fact the dipstick was broke off at the previous oil change by a walmart employee and he simply got rid of that part of the dipstick and signed off on the transmission to relieve himself of blame not telling us the the stick had been broken and unable to check the fluid.If he would have informed us of this issue it could have been solved with out the $2900 cost for a transmission rebuild.We filed a claim with CMI (Claims Management Inc.)Phone # 888-213-7534 (we dealt with a Barb there who was rude talked down to us and even called the mechanic at the transmission shop a liar and that the transmission had to have a leakage issue and she would have to deny the claim he explained to her that there were no leaks and it was a walmart topping off issue.When CMI received the statements from the walmart fluid checkers not mechanics (which barb at CMI called them) they had changed the statements made and told her that they never told us it was okay to drive the vehicle and did not recall placing blame on the previous Walmart oil change.We went to our Attorney's office on 2-27-09 and are in the process of suing Walmart and CMI.Please take our advice and never let Walmart fluid checkers touch your vehicle as the internet shows that they have more complaints than praises.This will be taken to the next level and will make it a life long goal to expose Walmart Automotive.We would love to start a class action suit against Walmart and CMI.If anyone reading this has had a problem with Walmart Automotive would like to join this class action please notify us at email@example.com as we have a attorney that would love to do it.
Consequences. Describe the economic or physical damage that resulted.
Transmission cost $2900
3 weeks without the vehicle
Treated like a *** and lied to.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- 2004 Chevy Trailblazer
- Review category
- Review rating
- 4 out of 5
You May Also Like
- "I ordered three ipod touches 32g in different colors for my girls for Christmas. The box was obviously cut open and retaped. Two of the ipod touches were missing! I..."
- " So I was at Walmart on Sunday morning and purchased the XBox One bundle package with Call of Duty. When I got home and opened the box, which was still..."
- "I ordered a custom cake made with the colors white & gray for my wedding I get a disgusting looking cake the color of brown and gold with the detail..."
- "Just recieved my dead Valentines Day roses from this piece of *** company! Thanks for screwing up my Valentines Day... Much appreciated. Go to ***. You have it coming when..."
- "We bought a serta king size bed/box spring, (memory foam). We paid over 1200.00. It is suppose to go back to normal after getting out of it. Well let me..."
- "I bought products costing 76.46. After speaking with my wife about the products I tried to return and refund my money. Each sales person at each kiosk kept telling me..."
- "not that 911 wasnt enugh but yet still our united states government is training the people who attacked us how to control drones and every night them drones aate in..."
- "Bought tix to an NFL Thursday night pre-season game. A couple of days before the game the NFL uncharacteristically changed the game to Wednesday due to anticipated bad weather in..."
- "I'm a 62 yr old male who has just started taking Power Greens (on my second canister). I've been a fitness instructor for most of my life, and through clean..."