Walmart - Wal-Mart Automotive Sucks - 2004 Chevy Trailblazer 4x4
We took our car a 2004 Chevy Trailblazer to Walmart for it's regular oil change and vehicle checkup.During the checkup it came to our attention that the transmission dipstick had been broken off and they could not check the fluid in the transmission.They said they did not do it and that it most likely happened the oil change before which was also at a Walmart.At that time we were told by Barry (the service mgr) it was okay to drive the vehicle .One week later the transmission locked up and had to be towed to a transmission specialist who said the faleure was do to lack of fluid in the transmission.We feel that in fact the dipstick was broke off at the previous oil change by a walmart employee and he simply got rid of that part of the dipstick and signed off on the transmission to relieve himself of blame not telling us the the stick had been broken and unable to check the fluid.If he would have informed us of this issue it could have been solved with out the $2900 cost for a transmission rebuild.We filed a claim with CMI (Claims Management Inc.)Phone # 888-213-7534 (we dealt with a Barb there who was rude talked down to us and even called the mechanic at the transmission shop a liar and that the transmission had to have a leakage issue and she would have to deny the claim he explained to her that there were no leaks and it was a walmart topping off issue.When CMI received the statements from the walmart fluid checkers not mechanics (which barb at CMI called them) they had changed the statements made and told her that they never told us it was okay to drive the vehicle and did not recall placing blame on the previous Walmart oil change.We went to our Attorney's office on 2-27-09 and are in the process of suing Walmart and CMI.Please take our advice and never let Walmart fluid checkers touch your vehicle as the internet shows that they have more complaints than praises.This will be taken to the next level and will make it a life long goal to expose Walmart Automotive.We would love to start a class action suit against Walmart and CMI.If anyone reading this has had a problem with Walmart Automotive would like to join this class action please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org as we have a attorney that would love to do it.
Consequences. Describe the economic or physical damage that resulted.
Transmission cost $2900
3 weeks without the vehicle
Treated like a *** and lied to.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "10/29/14 i went to tunwater Wal-Mart looking for nivea lip product to use a coupon. When I got home I saw on Facebook Tumwater had the nivea lip product was..."
- "I tried to return a car battery and was told I would not be able to get a refund. The battery was bough 2 days prior to the attempted..."
- "Oil change at WAL-MART resulted in engine plug falling out September 30, 2011, locking up my engine. Towed to 2 shops that verified it was a WALMART problem. WALMART would..."
- "Midland bought a credit card account that I supposedly owed. The account was nearly six years owed. In 2007, I discovered their claim on my credit report and requested (registered..."
- "Found bone in Kung Pao chicken at Farragut location...."
- "First off I think everyone whom has had their money stolen by these criminals should go to their Facebook page and post what Wesley Berry does to innocent victims of..."
- "I just joined, but I'm canceling. I got my first shipment of "natural products" and the bars are sweetened with Maltitol (an artifical carcinogenic sweetener), the Renew Lotion contains Petrolatum..."
- "Early in November,I ordered a hoodie from Tee Chip.It was meant to be a gift for a dear friend. Supposedly the Post Office attempted to deliver it,but my friend never..."
- "We purchased Hemnes 8-drawer chest in IKEA College Park, MD, together with delivery and assembly. During assembly the bottom wasn't tied up to the upper part (as it should have..."