• show-popup

Location Denver, Colorado
Category Supermarkets and Malls
Views 274
Monetary Loss

The happenings which led to compelling me to contact The Walmart head office, the attorney General In Arkansas and the Department of Justice. Walmart refuses to do anything about the situation.

On 9/17/07, at the Walmart Store in Grants Pass, Oregon, I purchased an avocado and remarked at the cash register stand that the item was marked at .98 cents each. This is clearly under 1 penny. I was informed at that moment that Walmart has a policy of giving the item for free or for $3 less if it is mismarked. I thus effortlessly received the item for free. I let the cash register person know that it's an issue that should be corrected and that a manager should be aware of it to correct the great amount of mismarked price signs. I was told it would be done.

So far so good.

That brings us to today in which I decided that 2 weeks was ample time for Walmart to get its act together. I was thinking that all the signs would be marked correctly but to my surprise there were so many mismarked items that I figured I'd go on a shopping spree!

On 10/3/2007, I tried to purchased one spaghetti squash at .88 cents/lb, 1 Roma tomato at .53 cents/lb, 1 large lemon at .68 cents each, 1 lime at .38 cents each, 1 gala apple at .98 cents/lb, 1 small red apple at .88 cents/lb, 1 tangelo at .84 cents each, 1 red onion at .84 cents/lb, 1 garnet yam at .98 cents/lb, 1 mango at .98 cents each, 1 large Granny Smith apple at .98 cents/lb, 1 avocado at .68 cents each, 1 tangerine at .79 cents each, 1 navel orange at .50 cents each, 1 red plum at .98 cents each, and 1 five-pound bag of potatoes at .98 cents each.

I kindly told the lady at the check stand of the situation so as to not hold up the line and asked if I should go to the customer service counter. She agreed. So I went to the counter, explained the situation and within a reasonable amount of time, the lady helping me understood the situation, spoke with another customer service person about it then asked for help from apparently a supervisor. This new person in the picture, I am assuming to be a supervisor exclaimed that she couldn't believe so many items are mismarked. I then walked with her to the produce area where I pointed out some errors, even of some that I didn't bother to purchase. She said she'd get the store manager. Evidently the store manager was in a meeting, so I had the [mis]fortune of dealing with the co-manager. I was astonished with the words I heard, as over and over again I heard one illogical statement after another. Early on she told me "They are all marked the way they are suppose to be." I quickly wrote down her statement and told her I have it in writing. I said, "Well, if that's the case, please allow me to purchase the items at the prices marked." She refused, yet I was wondering why she'd make such a statement and then not back it up. She told me that if a dollar sign was put in front of the sign of the price for the potatoes instead of the cents sign, it'd mean 98 dollars. I then wrote down for her to see: '$.98 = $98'. I showed this to her and I asked, Are you telling me these two are equal?" She said "Yes." I then made note of her agreeing to the equality of two clearly unequal figures. I was shocked that someone who made it to that level in the store would lack such comprehension that all high-school grads should possess. I avoided saying anything directly about her and instead asked whether the minimum educational level to work at Walmart was a high school or middle school graduate for if this was the case, the signs should have been marked correctly. Apparently she was getting annoyed from me as it exposed her lack of understanding of decimals. I asked if she understood decimals really well and she told me she did. Well, then there should be no problem, right? WRONG! She then made me the focus of discussion and started ridiculing me, stating I am the only person she ever had to talk with about the signs and telling me I am wrong! PREPOSTEROUS! How could someone who shows so much incompetence in an area tell another person that they are wrong? It was absolutely ridiculous trying to get anywhere with this co-manager and I told her swiftly to not insult me. She decided to invoke the power she had as a means to get over on a person whom she could not win in a discussion that should have remained a discussion to be simply solved, but she made it turn into an argument from relentless illogical statements. This power was to tell me to leave and she furthermore threatened, in her own words "If you don't leave now, I'll grab you."

So she got other workers near me to get me to leave even though I said I would leave but it was not because I did anything wrong and made it clear to the shoppers and other employees around her that I am being kicked out because the co-manager doesn't understand decimals.

That co-manager should have been fired immediately for being so incompetent and for showing such outrageous behavior. 304634e

Comments (64) Hide comments
Showing 20 of 64 comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Feb 19, 2011  from Taylorsville, Kentucky
Actully I did write all those things. I have to come clean if I want to use the site.

Jan 13, 2011
are you having fun still?

the op did not say those things that appear like a 3rd grader wrote them. anyone can choose to use the same name as the op when making comments.
Reply to fake moderator

Dec 16, 2010
Reporting spammers does not work here. Could it be that an employee of this site is causing havoc?

Dec 16, 2010
does a poor job at warding off spammers like this impostor, likely employed by the Low IQ Leader store, Walmart.

Dec 16, 2010
is likely employed by walmart and is using a program to be able to post repeatedly with no greater than 1 second between spam posts. It would take a person about 30 seconds, maybe more to get 2 posts in.
Reply to The spammer

Dec 16, 2010
Walmart is likely behind the spamming here, using the name of the OP.
Reply to Here we go again

Dec 15, 2010
keeps spamming this site. The obvious inance comments are not by me.

This site allows a person to make a comment using the same name as the OP.
Reply to This Rational impostor

Dec 15, 2010
Someone other than the OP is spamming this site like crazy. It happened right after I contacted Walmart through their website. Evidently they are playing a childish game.

Walmart: The Low IQ Leader.
Reply to Report spam

Dec 13, 2010
There is an impostor here, likely working for Walmart. I reported many of the posts yet this site apparently does not care or it is owned by walmart. It just doesn't make sense that the comments are allowed be on here. The FBI IC3 may have to get involved to find the IP address of the offender.

The name "rational" can be chosen to post comments but does not mean it is the same person who wrote the original complain since this site allows any name, even if it coincides with the name of the OP.
Reply to To:pissed consumer

"6. Written by The Op was wrong, on 08-12-2010 14:01

He was asked to leave, he made a fool of himself and refused to leave, at that point they can use physical force to ask him to leave, especially if he is providing an unsafe environment for other customers. He should have had the police called on him."

THIS WAS NOT WHAT HAPPENED. WALMART IS LIKELY BEHIND THIS GAME HAVING SEVERAL PEOPLE OR ONE PERSON USING SEVERAL NAMES TO DISRUPT THE COMPLAINT AND ALSO THIS WEBSITE.
Reply to not by OP

Dec 09, 2010
AN IMPOSTOR IS USING THE NAME "RATIONAL" TO POST BS.

LIKELY EMPLOYED BY WALMART.
Reply to AN IMPOSTOR IS HERE

"8. Written by Rational, on 08-12-2010 00:31

Also why do they put a woman in the position of co manger. They are too *** to run a store and she should be pleasing her husband in bed instead.

9. Written by Rational, on 08-12-2010 00:30

I never said the manager threatned me with physical violence. It was me threatening the cashier with physical violence. She is a dumb blond girl. The bigger a lady's *** are the dumber she is. I just wanted to reach down and touch her ***."

This is likely the result of Walmart playing games.
Reply to These statements also were NOT

"4. Written by rational, on 08-12-2010 13:58

Also Pat T, I never asked for a lady's opinion so shut up.

5. Written by rational, on 08-12-2010 13:55

actually she never said that I just said that to get her in trouble, anyways i wanted to grab her ***. They checked the security tape and said it never happened and the mother of the eight year old said that she never threatened me. I hope her eight year old dies. That will serve her right to lose a child."

Again, it's an impostor, likely employed by Walmart.
Reply to these posts were not written b

Dec 09, 2010
"I had to make those threats to get her attention besides the mother of the eight year old did not discipline him. I hope he dies and leaves her childless. She deserves that. Also advice for Pat, get off the internet and go cook for your husband would you.

As for Kevin, ha ha look my letter is on the hot topic lists even though you cheated

I have posted this on three other sites and I was banned from one when everyone was acting like they are five. If you can't take profanity get the fck off the internet.

I admit I did post under Sallyfield but that is because everyone was attacking me.

The truth is I am only 12. My friend Kevin and I made a bet to see whose letter could get the most replies before Jan 1 2011. However he choose to cheat so I choose to cheat by arguing with myself. I won since my letter is on the top hot lists. However Kevin's has the most replies. None of this is true. I only posted this because Kevin, Nathen and I were arrested for shoplifting at this store so I am picking on them."

ANYONE IS ABLE TO CHOOSE THE NAME THEY WISH TO POST COMMENTS. IT'S A SCAM, LIKELY PERPETRATED BY WALMART MANAGEMENT.
Reply to this was not written by OP

Dec 08, 2010  from Holmestrand, Vestfold

Dec 08, 2010  from Holmestrand, Vestfold
Reply to The Op was wrong

Read next Walmart complaint

Black Friday scam - Item was sold out prior 5am...

I went into Walmart Jackson AL for Friday 26th sale. Computors were all gone and tickets had been is...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about Walmart.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug