Walmart Pharmacy will not explain prescription refill practices

3112 of 4212 Walmart Reviews

I have been getting a prescription filled (and refilled) at the same Walmart Pharmacy for years, (they have a much lower price than surrounding pharmacies in my rural area, and I am uninsured), and sometimes they refill it after 23 days, other times they want to wait until the exact 30 day interval.I have politely asked the pharmacy department what the policy and/or laws pertaining to refills are, and I cannot get anyone to tell me what the policies are.

If we were told what the policies are, we would be able to schedule shopping and trips to pharmacy. I live far from any pharmacy, not just the Walmart one, and I have to combine trips. Why can't they tell me what the policy is? It bothers me that they are rude,a nd if I try to stand up for myself, they threaten to report me for abusing drugs.

I don't want to be rude, and don't want people to be rude to me.Wouldn't it make sense to publish the policies such at this on their website if they don't wnat to explain it to each customer?

More Review Details

Had the same issue 31 Yes 31
3112 of 4212 Walmart Reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Oct 25, 2015 #1053720

Please contact Penny at 385-405-1167. I do not text and I am handicapped.

Adele

Jun 06, 2015 #992019 Jacksonville, Florida

Same issue. I have been told a different story every month when I MY PRESCRIPTIONS ARE NOT BEING FILLED AND TOLD BY WALMART PHARMACY DON'T KNOW WHEN. ALSO refuse to answer any questions and also put blame back on patient? ?? LAST EXCUSE US EACH PHARMACIST CAN REFUSE TO FILL OR REFILL IF HE OR SHE CHOOSES AND NO REASON HAS TO BE GIVEN AND TIME FRAME WHEN YOU ARE ALLOWED TO REFILL CHANGES EACH DAY. GUESS WE ARE TO BE MIND READERS AND BE FORCED TO TAKE THE ABUSE. PLEASE MAKE THOSE BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR SUCH UNPROFESSIONAL AND DISHONEST PRACTICES. THIS PROBLEM AND SHADYNESS IS RUINING MY LIFE AND LOVED ONES.

0 1 Reply
KevinRichards

Jan 28, 2015 #937818 Orange, California

You seem to be a young child no older than six to mistake this as rudeness. No one was rude to you. Not getting a response you want is not the same as being rude.

3 2 Reply
jack

Apr 22, 2014 #807879

complete idiots can be arrogant, their techs are not operating proberly under state law

jeff

Apr 22, 2014 #807878

Walmart Pharmacies are the worst. They stores are mismanaged and the pharmacies techs are not proverly trained.

Kali F

Feb 04, 2014 #781879

It is about your insurance paying for it. Insurance wont cover more than what is prescribed which means you have to wait for the fill. It has nothing to do with your Doc or Pharmacist. Plus I agree with the others, you are not giving enough information on what medication it is. It is up to you to manage your medications and shopping trips.. Not your Pharmacist. It just like with need refills scripts people get pissed that no one told them. All bottles on the bottom tell you how many refills you have left and the Pharmacy is not your personal manager to let you know when you need to see your doc to renew scripts. It is a sad day when people do not take responsibility for managing their own health needs.

3 0 Reply

Mar 22, 2015 #961899 Jerome, Idaho

You are an ***, she just said she is uninsured......*Facepalm*

Aug 07, 2015 #1017082

The Pharmacist can choose when to refill a prescription based on preference after the insurance ok's it. Depending on how early your refill is.

People are so dumb

Jan 25, 2014 #778165 Naples, Florida

Narcotic? Insurance? Too much missing information. One thing that will always stand, if that the pharmacist is the last word in a pharmacy. Any questions you have you can put to the DEA and the Board of Pharmacy.

2 0 Reply

Mar 22, 2015 #961901

Never in the post was there anything mentioned about narcotics. Why are people so quick to judge? Ugh.

Jan 24 #1100090

Because early refills are not an issue with things like blood pressure or diabetes medication. It ALWAYS is a control. It ALWAYS is a control.

2 3 Reply
YourNotaDr

Jul 17, 2013 #682025 Sinking Spring, Pennsylvania

:?

This "pharmacist" that made a long comment may suffer from narcissistic personality disorder...? Like many other pharm's, you have so little empathy or customer service skills. You boast of your authority to deny filling Rx's? Really? I'm sorry, but you're not the doctor that wrote the Rx. You are so proud of being at the doctorate level BUT, you're behind a store counter counting pills...wow, impressive. Do pharm's have great education and med knowledge, YES, definitely. Have I EVER met one that shows it, NEVER. You can train a teenager how to read Rx's and Check for interactions via google and get similar results, seriously. Out of 7 yrs, not one class on customer service, interpersonal skills, etc??? You forgot one major aspect: you, a "pharm" do NOT know the pt's condition, tx plan, medical interventions, progress, response to tx, all of which the treating and prescribing MD, not Pharm, DOES know about. So get in place, and count those pills, stop taking ur frustration of a failed profession out on consumers. Ok? Thanks. Or, better yet, go get licensed to practice real medicine, like a doctor. Until then, deal with ur inferiority complex. And fill these customer's meds like you get paid to do. If u want respect in ur field, EARN IT. show that you care, talk to customers, step out from ur little counter and offer help at a "doctorate level."
... Show more

11 3 Reply

Jul 18, 2013 #682672

TELL IT LIKE IT IS, BROTHER!!!!!!!

This LadyScot has some kind of complex about his job and takes it out on everyone who posts a complaint about their experience at a pharmacy.

Looks like you hit the nail on the head when it comes to recognizing his problem. I just hope you can finally make him see it, too.

If not, wait for it, 'cause retaliation surely will be on the way.

better than you

Jan 25, 2014 #778080

People on pain pills are usally mean and nasty.Had some experence in the family sorry to say.So that makes me think lady scott why are you so mean and nasty.You have symtoms of an abuser and so do alot of pharmacists.Why are you so mean to someone who has cancer when they come into fill their script?Are they taking the pills you wanted for yourself?If they are terminal why would you even care if they get pain pills?How do you live with yourself being so mean to people who are at deaths door?Have you ever heard of karma ladyscott i promise it will *** you in the a s s someday.

2 1 Reply
Jeas

Nov 05, 2013 #737908 Chicago, Illinois

Pharmacists don't count pills, techs do. But nice try.

You could also teach teenagers to look up common medical complaints on google and solve 80% of patients complaints. You don't actually NEED a doctor.

A pharmacist doesn't need to know your diagnosis...nor do they care. Their job is to review meds prescribed by your dr.

Why would a pharmacist want to become a dr??? That's not what they went to school for. It's like saying a race car driver should go to school to be a chef.

A pharmacist doesn't "earn respect" from a pissed off customer. It cracks me up how often these "customers" come in with their tax payer funded medicaid and "damd respect". Those are the low life's that need to earn it

3 2 Reply

Jan 06 #1089835

Pharmacists do count my pills they ate all controlled substances. I've been in the medical field for over 25 yrs and I don't can how anyone feels personally, when ur at work that' s what u do work and treat ppl in a professional manner .

1 0 Reply
LADYSCOTSUCKS

Apr 12, 2013 #636601

WHAT AN IGNORANT ILLITERATE INCESTOUS W..H..O...R..E!. YOU ARE LADYSCOT THERE IS NO MENTION OF CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE OR NARCOTIC! PH....U...C...K...I..N..G..! GO BACK UNDER THE ROCK YOU CRAWLED OUT OF! S...T..U..P..I.D.B..I..T..C.H!..

LADYSCOTSUCKS!

Apr 12, 2013 #636529 Naples, Florida

0 3 Reply

Apr 12, 2013 #636537 Naples, Florida

I know all about you too. I know you have nothing to contribute to a conversation but your disgusting filth and cowardly chatter.

2 3 Reply

Apr 11, 2013 #636336 Naples, Florida

Prescription pain meds are controls ***. Usually a narcotic. Either way, they get filled every 30 days.

1-20 of 31 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.