Walmart Product Care Plans=Fraud
I bought a 32" Vizio LCD TV and product care plan from Walmart in February 2009. In January 2011, I noticed a blue line down the screen. I filed a claim in February 2011 and sent it in to be fixed.
Two weeks later after not hearing anything about the status of my TV, I called them. I was told it couldn't be fixed and they would give me a reimbursement check. I told them it was to be fixed or replaced according to the plan I purchased.
After playing phone tag for days, I finally talked to a supervisor. They said they couldn't replace it and reimbursement was the only option.
I asked for my TV to be sent back and was told that couldn't be done because it was sent to be recycled. Recycled?? I didn't authorize that. They just took it and did want they wanted with it? That is THEFT. They said the product care plan authorizes them to do whatever they want with the item. I didn't read that in the plan. Must have been invisible print.
So now I am stuck with receiving a check that won't even cover the cost of a new TV today. I will never buy their extended warranty again!!
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "First I paid for the prepaid card that Walmart offers by green dot. When I had a card stolen the balance that was on the card before the police report..."
- "I ordered a custom cake made with the colors white & gray for my wedding I get a disgusting looking cake the color of brown and gold with the detail..."
- "Oil change at WAL-MART resulted in engine plug falling out September 30, 2011, locking up my engine. Towed to 2 shops that verified it was a WALMART problem. WALMART would..."
- "My family and I have been eating Honey Maid honey graham crackers for decades and over the years the taste has change for the worst there nasty,now crazy thing is..."
- "So i went in to my local gamestop to buy a ps4 and a game, i was pre approved for the 350 credit limit . My total was 517.86 i..."
- "I got the mats tried them in my truck , they look like ***......I paid $51000 for my truck and I'm not going to put junky looking mats in it...."
- "I have owned 3 Cross Roads Cruiser 5ers. They all have had small issues, but this 2014 35 ss has had to many, and the final straw was a tiny..."
- "The Free trial is a Joke! How can you test anything and see results in 14 days! Here's what you agreet to Be careful! When you order your 14 day trial..."
- "Which one..which time. This location on Fort Apache and Tropicana in Las Vegas is pathetic !! They couldn't get an order right if it meant their life. I'm so tired..."