Walmart Product Care Plans=Fraud
I bought a 32" Vizio LCD TV and product care plan from Walmart in February 2009. In January 2011, I noticed a blue line down the screen. I filed a claim in February 2011 and sent it in to be fixed.
Two weeks later after not hearing anything about the status of my TV, I called them. I was told it couldn't be fixed and they would give me a reimbursement check. I told them it was to be fixed or replaced according to the plan I purchased.
After playing phone tag for days, I finally talked to a supervisor. They said they couldn't replace it and reimbursement was the only option.
I asked for my TV to be sent back and was told that couldn't be done because it was sent to be recycled. Recycled?? I didn't authorize that. They just took it and did want they wanted with it? That is THEFT. They said the product care plan authorizes them to do whatever they want with the item. I didn't read that in the plan. Must have been invisible print.
So now I am stuck with receiving a check that won't even cover the cost of a new TV today. I will never buy their extended warranty again!!review #228821
You may also like
- "I decided to give walmart one last chance, but yet again they are out of stock for the items i was shopping for. This is the 4th time it has..."
- "Cornflakes I just purchasedBagged was sealed but cereal was thick hard and very unpleasant to chew. I have eaten this cereal at least forty years and this experience has ruined..."
- "So I knew that Walmart did not take great care of their fish, but I had never seen anything worse than what I saw the other night. almost all the..."
- "I saw in the ad they had 6-cube cubbies on sale for $19.99, normally $29.99. I wanted to get a couple of those plus some other things, so I drove..."
- "What a rip! Ordered beautiful arrangement from what I thought was a “family owned business”. The arrangement was delivered on time. The service train crashes at this..."
- "My family and I have been eating Honey Maid honey graham crackers for decades and over the years the taste has change for the worst there nasty,now crazy thing is..."
- "Couldn't find clean booth to sit at. Had to get server to wipe crumbs up first . Green Bay location appeared run down overall. While chewing on salad I discovered..."
- "This is Roland Adams. I send 5 boxes to the Philippines last Feb. 24, 2015. They were able to received it by last week of May. I instructed my..."
- "I ordered 2 SF 49er great shirts, at $50.00 and they were wrong. They are 5he SF Giant greats names in 49er color. I have emailed the company 6 times..."