Walmart - Would not return stolen money
Walmart Money Card is a scam!Someone stole $1,050 from me; they made transactions with ATT, Pathmark, and KFC all in New York (I live in Austin TX).
I contacted Walmart as soon as I noticed the transactions which was the day after on June 27, 2012. They told me that they could not do anything about it, I had to wait for the transactions to post to my account and they were still pending. I spoke to several people that day and spent over 5 hours trying to get everything handled only to give up in desperation. I spoke to many rude agents including a female supervisor from Green Dot who proceeded to tell me that there was nothing she could do; she would lock my acct and my relationship would be ended with Green Dot.
I asked her why (I knew because I told her I would sue if I had to), but she said because I was a liability, I wouldn't receive my direct deposit, I asked her where this was in writing and in terms and conditions and she said there was nothing in writing. When the 1st transaction posted from Pathmark for about $192 I contacted Walmart Money Card and disputed the transaction; I was informed that it could take up to 10 business days and that there was nothing they could do to expedite the process. I still had about $21 left on the card so the agent said she would lock the account and then when I want to get the money off I have to call back and get it unlocked. If she reported the card lost/stolen then I would not be able to get the remainder of the remainder of the money off the card.
When I called back to unlock the account nothing else was mentioned. When I noticed that the transaction had posted for AT&T which was for $685, $168 and KFC for about $6 I called and disputed these transactions also. I was told the same thing; I had to wait 10 days, there was nothing they could do. I also noticed there were declined transactions from Bethlehem, PA and the thieves took $0.93 for McDonald's, I asked the agent how this happened and they said because my card was active.
I reported it compromised and asked for a new card to be shipped whcich i thought was done already. Now Walmart Money Card is advising that my first transaction from Pathmark was declined because I didn't report my card lost/stolen, how was I going to get my $20 off?? And I thought they did that after I took the money off. The agent even agreed to this.
I haven't heard anything back for my second dispute, I keep sending the dispute forms, but somehow they aren't receiving it. Meanwhile, I'm late on rent, my car note, and other bills, but they don't care at all!!
BEWARE...DON'T USE THEM!!bf928c3
You may also like
- "Hello my name is Eric i went into my local walmart and most of the time i get the hot chicken wings from the deli bar well i really was..."
- "I purchased a Dell Optiplex 780 model refurbished PC from Wal-Mart Online and will regret it until my dying day! It was $275 + $47 for the Wal-Mart Product Care..."
- " So I was at Walmart on Sunday morning and purchased the XBox One bundle package with Call of Duty. When I got home and opened the box, which was still..."
- "purchased couch and love seat from Bob's and after 2 1/2 years it started cracking and ripping and eventually losing large pieces of the bonded leather on the loves seat...."
- "I spent over $5,000 on a bedroom suite and it was given to me with many flaws as the pictures show. Customer service within the store is terrible..."
- "My Husband experience is to say the least 'SAD'. My order # 9163244 was all rubbish. The two Sara Margin two looked 'used and cheap' colours are faded. The..."
- "I wish I would have known about this company before renting from them. Viewing the house for the first time I liked it, being a first time renter with houses..."
- "A&E notes While I have my service contract through Sears it is A&E that gets sent out. The following is about A&E Service. Notes about Sears visit for washer (2/6/14) around noon. The..."
- "The quality of RTG furnitures sucks！ And their so-called "Force Field" treatment is a total scam!!!! Purchased one Cindy Crawford Sidney Road sofa, one loveseat and one ottoman from RTG's supercenter..."