Middleburgh, New York

We went to local Wal-Mart in Cobleskill NY at 10:15 PM yesterday. The item we wanted to purchase was out of stock(Emerson 32" HDTV).

Was given a Wal-Mart 1-Hour Guarantee Gift Card#6084 3470 6222 3511 EAN 4219) and was told we can call from home to validate the purchase. As we have no computer at home, we started calling about 10:45PM. After waiting about 30 minutes, we finally reached an Associte named Curtis. Explained why I'm calling, he asked for the number on the card.

Giving him the #, he then asked for the PIN#, which is at the end. After about 3, or 4 tries, he said the # does not match and he has to transfer me to another Dep't. This did not work and I wound up in a loop. Hanging up, I tried dialing again.

First I Got a busy signal. Hung up and tried again in a minute. Got through and again got the recording.

I sat with the phone until 12.35AM and in anger hung up. This is a matter of principal now.

Product or Service Mentioned: Walmart Gift Card.

• local walmart

Comments

@Anonymous

that site does not come up in search dont know how you did it ihave tryed 6 times tell me what i might be doing wrong thanks dan

Just got home from Walmart. Cashier told me I would have to go home and register the 32"inch tv online before 2:00am.

She also told me if I did not register by 2:00 I would not get a refund.

I would lose my money. Needless to say, I did not buy the TV or anything else in the store.

PROBLEMS EVEN GETTING THROUGH ON THE COMPUTER, TRIED FOUR TIMES ALREADY TO REGISTER FOR THE 32" TV AND CAN'T EVEN GET ONTO THE SITE. WLMART KNEW THEW WOULD BE SELLING HUNDREDS OF THESE TVS, WHY DIDN'T THEY HAVE MORE IN THE STORE.

WHY DO WE HAVE TO GO ON LINE (IF I EVER GET ON LINE) TO GET ONE.

AND LIKE THE LADY SAYS SOME PEOPLE DON'T HAVE COMPUTERS. WHY DOES EVERTHING HAVE TO BE MADE SO DIFFICULT.