5.0
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

I ordered a Playmobil pirate ship as a gift for a nephew of mine. And a laptop for myself around cyber Monday.

Both shipments were supposed to be 2 day shipping and were delayed and I received a message saying they would be arriving late. I called up Walmart (make a Google search for Walmart.com customer service number, it's not the same as in store customer service) and after the basic apologies she reordered my items and expedited the shipping. I asked if there's any compensation for missing the 2 day mark, and she offered to refund 5% of the purchase price (that helps when the laptop cost several hundred dollars ) What I like about the way that Walmart handled this is that unlike Amazon, which often cant reorder items for you Walmart can, and they fix or try to correct the issue at it's core. My item is late?

We'll try to make sure it gets to you as fast as possible. Period. (Amazon would probably offer to refund the purchase and I could reorder it with them waiving the 1 day shipping fee, the problems with that are many 1 refunds generally take a week (although store credit is instant) 2 it gives me the hassle if reordering the item (you guys messed up, not me.

I just want you to fix it.) 3 as I usually order at discount prices, the item is usually not available at the same price when they tell me that it's delayed) P.s. the 5% discount/refund was only given after I mentioned compensation a few times, the agent I spoke to claimed that it's part of standard policy (I guess she has the power to do that) so make sure you get it!

Product or Service Mentioned: Walmart Shipping Service.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Comments