Abilene, Texas

I was given a prescription for my great granddaughter and it was filled at Walmart in Snyder Texas today 3-12-2019. They pharmacist gave me 3 bottles of antibiotics and told me to give her 15ml twice a day.

Really? As a pharmacist would that not sound off alarms for a 1 year old? Give a 1 year old baby 15 ml twice a day! That would be a huge fight trying to get that down.

I can barley get 2ml down her. The pharmacist didn't even bother to check with the doctor to verify if that was the desired dose.

I had to call the doctor myself and the dose to be given is 5ml. Thank goodness I called!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Walmart Pharmacy Department.

Comments

Where was the mistake made? Was it written wrong from the doctors office or did the pharmacy print the label wrong?

I don't know that I have ever seen a prescription that had an age written on it. How was the pharmacist to know how old your granddaughter was?

I wouldn't be so fast at blaming the pharmacist without seeing exactly how the prescription was written. There is also the possibility that they were out of the strength of medicine prescribed and substituted a greater quantity of a lower strength medicine.