3.0

Update by user May 04

E mailed Walmart, received no response. Visited local store and talked with 2 customer service representatives and was advised there was nothing they could do locally.

Original review posted by user Apr 03

I received a $50 Walmart Visa card as a gift. I took it to Walmart to use it and tore it out of it's original wrapping in front of the cashier.

It was declined. That was in March and we discovered it had expired 01/31/2019. I called the gift card number and the message stated that expired gift cards had to be dealt with online only. I went online and the first thing you had to do was enter the card number which kept coming back as invalid.

I submitted an email stating my case and had a case number assigned. It stated I would be contacted in 24 hours. Nothing happened. I went online to a Walmart customer chat.

A Marco stated that he would escalate the matter and I would be contacted within 24 to 48 hours. Nothing happened. I chatted again this time with Mike R who said there was nothing they could do since it expired.

The back of the card states that funds do no expire. Walmart has $50 that does not belong to them.

Product or Service Mentioned: Walmart Gift Card.

Walmart Pros: Cashier tried to be helpful.

Walmart Cons: Chat staff.

Comments