Filter by rating
City:
Product:

Walmart - Ps3 Review from Valrico, Florida

Walmart - Ps3 Review from Valrico, Florida
Got a PS3 for Christmas. Already have a PS3. Find out the new gift system was purchased at walmart. I took the unopened system in to return for store credit. The customer service rep opened the box (ripping it in the process), and pulled all the contents out to check the serial number on the system to the box. They match of course, and she scans it through. The register screen I can see shows the system with the price and tax stuff for the refund, and the customer service rep stops to ask the manager what to do since I don't have a receipt. Manager says store credit. The rep then does something and has to scan the barcode again on the box. She asks if all the parts are there and I tell her I never opened it. She says I did because the seal is broken. I tell her she opened it, and she ignores me. She scans the box AGAIN, and the register says manager approval required. The manager comes over and shows me a reciept from about three feet away that she printed off the register and says the system is from last year. Refused to allow me to return it because it was open and from last year. She ignored my statement that the rep opened the box and said it didn't matter because they couldn't take the old product. I have no control over when my Christmas gifts are purchased, and after this I checked and the store still sells the same product in the same box, so there was nothing preventing this product from being returned and put back on the shelf before it was opened by customer service. Now I have an unused game system in an open, partially ripped box that I do not need or want and no way to exchange it at any walmart location because the representative opened and damaged the box. I also have the humiliation of walking back through the crowded returns area with game box in hand to leave the store, and being treated like I was trying to cheat the store or something by the customer service rep and manager. There was no reason I should not have been allowed to exchange an unwanted Christmas present at the store that originally sold the product when the store still sells the product and it was unopened when I handed it to walmart's representative, and I cannot understand why a sealed box was opened in the returns process or why the product being made last year prevents it from being returnable this year when the PS3 has not changed packaging or design in the past year.

Wal-Mart has screwed me over time and time again so I decided to start giving Wal-Mart a taste of their own medicine. Yeah, I'll go thru the checkout with a Coke and happily pay the $1.09 the cashier asks me to pay, unbeknownst to everyone that I'm walking out of there with over $150 worth of merchandise.

Go ahead and judge me, I know you will, but I really don't care what judgemental people think about me. Wal-Mart messed with the wrong person this time, and I will not sit back and take it.

realm188
#921920
@The Thief

Since Walmart is getting a taste, what's your real name?

First Born Triplet
#921975
@realm188

You don't have to get his real name, just report his posts to your local police station and they will trace him, or forward this to walmart and have the police IP trace him. Most likely it will be a waste of time and they will find he is trolling though.

ransom

In your original report you said this: "I took the unopened system in to return for store credit."

Then in your response you said this: "I packed and sealed the box nicely before returning it and said it was a Christmas gift and that is why I had no receipt."

In the same response you said: " I still had the receipt for the PS3"

So first you said it was unopened, then you said you packed it (that means it was open). Then you said you have the receipt and then said you had no receipt.

You clearly are a liar and were trying to pull a fast one.

They caught you and now you are complaining. You should be ashamed of yourself.

@ransom

That is what I told Walmart to get past the 14 day return policy. I have the receipt, but it is dated January 15 2014.

I left it at home to get a gift card. Had no idea they could track when the item was purchased.

Told them it was a gift that is why I did not have a receipt. How hard is this to understand.

KevinRichards

You need mommy or daddy to read the policy for you. If the product was bought even last year it is past the 90 day return policy.

In other words one year is past 90 days.

@KevinRichards

I am not a child so I don't need to ask mommy to read things for me. I still had the receipt for the PS3, but I did not bring it along because I knew that since it was past the 90 days which BTW *** is 14 days for electronics.

I knew that they would not give me a refund. I wanted a PS4 badly, I did not have enough money for it. By the time I saved up it was past the 14 day return policy. I decided to wait until the 26th of December to return it hoping to get a store credit at least but I never got that.

I don't know how they knew how to find out when the item was bought. I packed and sealed the box nicely before returning it and said it was a Christmas gift and that is why I had no receipt. I was embarrassed at the way I was treated. I was treated like a criminal when all I wanted was a gift card.

With that and the money I saved up I could have bought a PS4.

@Anonymous

So you basically tried to scam walmart into giving you in store credit, they found out the truth and rejected it, and you make a complaint because of your own selfish gain? You knew it was passed 90 days.

The item is scanned and recorded into the system at the time of purchase and tagged into the system with the receipt id which is how they found out.

Grow up kid. If you wanted a PS4, save up some more then go buy it, or look on ebay for some deals.

realm188
#921917
@Anonymous

You feel that you were treated as a criminal because you were acting like one. You lied to them and you lied in your review.

Did it not occur to you that you can just get on the internet and sell it? Or that you could sell it in person? I go on Amazon and find used consoles all the time.

If you don't want to be treated like a criminal then don't act like one. This is your fault.

View more comments (8)
Damaged or defective

Walmart in Palm Desert, California - Wal-Mart return fraud

I attempted to return a gift, wrong size, and wanted to exchange it for the right size. I was accused of having written a bad check to Wal-Mart and in a loud voice--in the presence of at least a dozen other customers--was told that I would never be allowed to return or exchange anything and to get out. Since I have never written a check to Wal-Mart (only used debit or credit card) I knew this was incorrect. I am now finding out that I am only one of many being scammed like this by Wal-Mart. No one likes to get blamed for something they did not do; particularly when the false accusation is made in public. Wal-Mart, shame on you! I am now an X-Wal-Mart customer.

Call telechecks and talk to them and see if you are. Also look at your chexreport.

Loss
Preferred solution
never shop Wal-Mart again!

Potato Chips Review

I bought a large bag of lays potato chip from walmart,and when I opened them the chips inside were all dark brown,every single one!!!!
Bad quality

Walmart - Tv Review from Centereach, New York

Waited on Thanksgiving line for over an hour and half for sale TV After promising we would get it if we waited we were given a voucher apparently they ran out of stock. We paid for the TV and were told to call for pick up 1st week in Dec. We did and now telling us its not valid and they still have our money Completely getting a run around trying to get a refund!!! What BS the store ads are a SCAM don't waste your time waiting for these "sales" and ruining your holiday !!!!! I will never shop at Walmart again, price doesn't matter if they can't have proper customer service!!!!!
Order processing issue

Walmart - Pick Up Service Review from Keller, Texas

I went to Walmart Supercenter on Beach St. In Fort Worth on 12/24 and found out that despite posting signs and telling people they were closing at 8pm they decided they would close early. There were a lot of disappointed people and security was at doors. One lady that just got off work got there at 7:30pm to pick up a layaway gift and she was told by a Mgr. she could not get. Horrible customer service!
musicman88

This story isn't true. At least not your version of it.

Why? Because it doesn't make any sense. I'm using the Judge Judy logic which typically proves to be correct.

Why would they close before 8:00pm for no apparent reason? It doesn't make sense.

Therefore, it probably isn't true.

One last thing: that woman could not pick up her layaway gift on December 24 because all layaway items had to be paid off and picked up on or before December 15.

This is likely what happened:

It may have been 7:30 pm and the store made a reminder announcement that they were closing at 8:00 pm and that customers should make their selections quickly. People who knew good and well that the store was closing at 8:00 pm probably did not care.

Meanwhile, the layaway customer probably knew she must have the layaway picked up and paid for on or before December 15 but didn't care. Or she genuinely didn't know because she didn't read the layaway policy.

It is also possible that she was picking up a Site-to-store order that hadn't come yet but wanted to try and pull a fast one. One thing is for certain: this woman didn't follow the layaway agreement by paying it off and picking it up on or before December 15.

First of all, layaway ended on the 15th, so that lady's order was probably already canceled and not available anyway. Second, the store closed at 8, which means all customers out of the store by then, not come in 30 minutes before and do two hours worth of shopping.

I also doubt that it was 7:30. 7:45, 7:50, maybe. It's the one day of the year that the store closes early.

Get over it and next year do your shopping ahead of time. You have 364 days to plan.

KevinRichards

I can see with your attitude that your family does not want you around for the holidays, however these people have a right to spend time with their families.

View more comments (2)

Walmart - Staff Review from Leesville, Louisiana

3.0
I had this same problem at Walmart in leesville I also asked to see the tapes and all they would say is we have them on camera but only had one person in custardy two shopping carts one person had a cart and was leaving with it got stopped but this person left with her receipt but left her cart in the process so now the other person that was detained is being changed with the two carts and when they gave me the stuff and receipt that was paid for there where items missing I didn't have time to argue that point with them but the way Walmart handled that situation was unacceptable I unsubscribe from their email and will no longer shop there and will return everything purchased this holiday season

Other Product Review

3.6
Por el amor de Dios ya cambie sus anuncios de tv, ya me tienen enfadada o por lo menos quite a Eugenio Derbez y esa güera ***.

Walmart in Youngstown, Ohio - RCA prouducts suck

2.2
I bought two 7"voyager tablets on black Friday. The first one does not turn on. The second one has a ghost in it; it comes on when it wants to. They are not going to refund me. Their products suck. I will never buy another one of their products. They make *** tablets and they are trying to replace them with even more *** tablets. They are making Wal-Mart look bad for selling their products. I have been dealing with Wal-Mart for 18 years. I have never had a problem like this, an electronic that never turned on. This company is crazy.
Review
Pros
  • Prices
Cons
  • Product
Damaged or defective
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund

Walmart - Gift Card Review from Cibolo, Texas

Was at Walmart to buy gift cards at Schertz Tx. Asked teller if he had gift cards he pointed them to me. I chose 4 and was going to pay but Teller had left. Was told by guy counter that he couldn't operate teller but that the teller guy would be back. I waited bout 5 minutes and walk to front of store and saw him at isle talking to someone. I walk a little bit more and walk back to tire shop. He was at counter but was leaving again. I asked him if he could checked me out cause I had been waiting. He seen mad and asked me how long I was waiting and that he was helping other customers. He was rude and unprofessional. He could of politely asked me to wait and I would of waited but acuse me of budding in instead. Walmart probably does not care about one customer but wanted to share this with others customers have choices. They should know that. I will not be visiting Walmart any time soon.
#920747

Tellers work in banks, not as cashiers in stores. Couldn't you have just went to another check out lane to pay for the gift cards, instead of following the man all around the store. While you were waiting you should have been working on improving your spelling, that would have been something worthwhile instead of stalking an employee.

Walmart - One Hour Photo Review from Newark, Delaware

Went to be told my order was not To Walmart On 12 23 Placed A 1 Hour Photo Print At 1100 Pm Was Told They Were Closed To Pick Order Up THE Next Day AND Not At 800 Am. Went at 1130 waited in a photo line for 35 minutes to be told that only half my order was ready my 12 12 and 5x7 were printed however my 4x6 and 8x10 were not and they did not know what to tell me. I explained never mind give me what you have. I called store Manger and explained she stated she would push my order through and would call me. Never got a call called at 330 and was told that message was never passed on and they could not promise it would be done before they close. Called district Manger and he states he is aware of the issue and don't know what to tell me. Really I guess Christmas presents can get completed and you have poor customer service. Why do you offer 1 hour and I'm still waiting almost 24 hours later. Will never shop walmart again and will tell everyone I know.
Not as described/ advertised