Walmart Reviews

Show reviews that mention
store customer service customer service money order people manager card items
Filter review

Bad phone and cust serv

i bought a LGL55C from Straight Talk (wallmart) and after 60 days the SD card was unreadable and after trying to connect to customer service for 10 days and going through a silly and lengthy check list of symptoms that had nothing to do with the issue at hand i was told they would email me a fed ex airbill - that never happened and instead they mailed me an airbill with a return box, i posted it immediately and it took 2.5 weeks for the replacement to arrive, yes 2.5 weeks. that was 60 days ago and now the SD card is 'unsupported' again. i'm moving back to tmobile as straight talk has no other solution for me than to go through the entire process again with no compensation or concern that i will be without a phone for weeks again. so i know have a useless $200 phone and have spent another $300 on a phone that has a sim card so i can go back to tmobile - beware of the phone without a sim as you are stuck with the carrier and the LGL55C is *** phone that is a waste of money and the customer service at straight talk will drive you bananas!
Stuart, Florida

Layway

I was at the Free port Walmart tried to place a layaway and the clerk said nothing under 15.00 can be placed on layaway, but on Nov 2 I was at the Pgh Mills Walmart and placed a layaway had items under 15.00 and had no problems, WHY is there a different all there walmart are the same RIGHT? Unexceptionable, very upset with and how I was treated at the Freeport Walmart.. You just lost a customer You dont want me to say anything more because what I really want to say you dont want to hear it.

that's sad that you cannot even afford an item under $15.00

All WalMarts are supposed to follow the same policy. The clerk in the other store either didn't know the rules or you aren't telling the complete story. It has been well advertised that there was a $15.00 minimum on items put on lay-away, and if you got by with it before, consider yourself caught this time, not following the rules.

iyu

htr

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Walmart Money Card

I had purchased a Walmart Prepaid Money card. I read the instructions before I purchased it, but when I got home, I found out by Customer Service That it is a temporary card ,and you will receive one in the mail, roughly 14 days give or take. Fine, the fees are fine, but I go to use the temporary card. I can not use it the card for credit or debt. I have no money, so I call Customer Service and they say," you have to tell them to use it as credit, but I can not get money until the card comes with a pin no..

why would you put money on the card only to want to take money off the card? just use it where credit cards are accepted.

Ocala, Florida
Walmart Prepaid Card
Loss
I purchased two tablets for my kids for Christmas, off of the Walmart.com website ( one pink and the other was orange. ) and for some reason, one had packaging on it, plastic wrap, and plastic covering the screen of the tablet, and the other.... nothing. It looked like...

Contact them, we can't do anything.

Raleigh, North Carolina
Walmart Website

I hate Walmart

Walmart is the worst company in the entire world. I will never shop here again and make sure no one else does! I hope walmart goes out of business. They are rude and take advantage of their employees and you never find the products that are in the flyer (false advertisement, bait and switch). And there is never parking near the door and I am in a wheel chair. I hope they go out of business. I never will ever shop there again. I used to shop here lots and I will never ever do it again. I hate wal mart.

How can you say that Walmart takes advantage of their employees???? I am treated very well at Walmart and they also pay very well. So don't worry about their employees...they are doing great!!!

You are the epitome of why many are losing faith in the human race. Get over yourself.

@PissedConsumer567470

exactly. What is wrong with people?

Don't like it, don't shop there.

So how do you suggest Wal-Mart make more front row parking spaces?

"I hope walmart goes out of business."

You hope 2 million people suddenly become unemployed? Nice.

@PissedConsumer566044

Yeah he does sound like either a *** or a six year old does he not. The worst thing is the rudeness was probably been told no.

I shop at Walmart all the time and have no problem with them. I and my wife have placards allowing us to park ion close bhy spaces and never have a problem.

I think your attitude sucks and they pick up on it and treat you like the miserable consumer you are. Get on with your life and stop nbitching!

I don't have any trouble with rude employees at WalMart, sometimes it depends on the customer's attitude. You can catch more flies with honey, than vinegar.

As far as items in their ads go, I have never had any trouble finding the items that I want when they are advertised. How do you know they take advantage of their employees, other than what you hear on the news? I know people that have worked at WalMart for many years and I have never heard them complain about being mistreated. I think the things you hear on the news comes from employees that think they are entitled to preferential treatment.

When you apply for a job at any business along the lines of discount stores, fast food places, etc. you really shouldn't expect too much. You might can make sure a few people don't shop at WalMart, but there is no way you can make sure nobody does. If you are in a wheel chair , unless you need extra space to put a ramp down, you shouldn't have any trouble accessing the store, even if you can't get a handicapped parking place.

If you need a handicapped parking place and there are cars parked in the handicapped places and the cars don't have handicapped identification on them, you can call the cops and the improperly parked cars will be given a hefty fine. You basically come across as a complainer.

View more comments (7)
Richmond, British Columbia
Walmart Advertisement

Car care complaint at walmart and very pissed off for good.

Im mike lorenz at 308-216-**** im here at wal-mart waiting to just get a simple oil change and been waiting for over an hour and a half & its still not done ive been all over the store and no place to sit back by the lube center im tired & I think it stinks its taking so long & of course it wouldhelp if the people working in the shop wasnt inside talking on the phone. this is upsetting me to a point im going some where else next time. Its way to much money to pay for this kind of service. Mike..........
Livingston, New Jersey
Walmart Oil Change

Wal Marts annoying shoppers

I hear alot of whining about "bad" customer service at WM. But you never pay attention to the *** we have to put up with every minute of every day. First you have the annoying loud phone talkers who sit there and cuss and shout about their baby daddy. THey let their horrible kids run around playing with anything and everything. If they get hurt you wanna blame the stores and not your lack of parenting. You check your brains and sense of direction at the door apparently. You cannot find ANYTHING if you dont have an employee holding your hand from the door to the check out. You call about the dumbest ***. You call WM for tech support. They're a store!!!! If your welfare card or debit dont go through,it's the stores fault. Never about how you can't manage money...You know how many times I hear"I'm never shopping at WM again." ? I've yet to see anyone follow through. I kind of wish some of you would. There's more. But Dumb people make my brain hurt. I'll go on at a later date. So shape up,shoppers.

Yes, some people are jaw-droppingly *** and annoying, but that's part of the job when your work requires you to deal with the public. It's no excuse for having a chip on your shoulder the size of Mount Rushmore.

If the job bothers you that much, find another one. It isn't as though you're getting rich working for the Waltons.

Disregard the previous comment he is talking about whinning customers not less managment more works.... Maybe if the customers didn't come in as if they were GODS and actting like if they don't shop there the employees bills regardless if you shop there guess what there still going to get paid so act like and adult and shop with skme sense intead of actting like walmart is a daycare for adults

walmart has excessive managers not enough workers. 3 managers were walking around the registers explaining how the new supercenter was going to work while they had 2 cashiers out of 25 registers.

The cashier at the checkout counter I was at was saying I am not even supposed to be ringing I am supposed to be greeting customers. I told her she better keep ringing or they will not have any customers to greet. 5 months later I ran in again to the new SUPERCENTER it is deserted no one shops at it yogurt was dated september 9 it was October 24, touched a bag of oranges to fruit flies coming out in droves. Will never return again.

No one needs a bunch of suits walking around tooting their horns. you need managers that can see a need and fill it.

View more comments (2)
Sherman, Texas

Every Walmart employee lied to me!

Pertains to Walmart on Sibler Rd, Houston, Tx. Placed an order online. My order went to this Walmart IN ERROR (two hours from me). I was told to call and tell them to "expire" my orders. Order was sent in two different shipments. Called, got order cancelled and credit was applied promptly to card. Called a few days later to cancel second half of order and was told to wait 3 to 5 days for credit. 7 days later no credit, called again talked to different person was told to call back in an hour and talk to person who was to make credit. Called later, original person insisted I had picked up order. I explained impossible, I'm 2 hrs away. She said to give credit "a few more days". A few days later still no credit I called and asked for asst manger. He said he issued credit and it should show in another "few days". He said someone probably "hit wrong key" when I was told order had been picked up. 7 days later still no credit. Called and spoke to a customer service manager. Said she would look into it and call me back in a few minutes. Next day I called back she said asst manager did issue credit to call Walmart.com people to find out what they did with it. Called Walmart.com people they showed no credit issued at all. They promptly issued my credit and sent an email conformation. COME ON WALMART...IS THIS CUSTOMER SERVICE?!!
Terre Haute, Indiana

Walmart in Mt.Pleasant,SC

The past 3 times I went into the older walmart in town I left very displeased. The first time I went in their electronics department with the intention to buy a wii AND Laptop. The electronic employee was talking to the photo lab employee. When I approached her she saw me but continued her personal conversation when I asked her if she could help me she said she'll be with me in a moment And Continuef her conversation. Then she came and answered my question on the Wii and walked not only away but out of the department, leaving it empty of employees. I was ready to select a laptop but she never showed up. 15mins later I saw an associate by the electronics and I asked her if someone could help me she practically cut me off saying im on lunch and didnt even look at me. Ileft pissed. It seems everytime I go in there they would rather talk to eacht

Fire all the management hire actually workers that can turn over expired products. No one needs a bunch of suits walking around tooting their horns.

you need managers that can see a need and fill it.

If an employee is off the clock and at lunch then by law they can't help you. Nothing she could do.

I was saying that if the employee is on lunch then she is now allowed by law to help you. She is off the clock.

I think you might be leaving out some details on the first part of the story.

Cleveland, Ohio

Can't put things layaway

went to put things on layaway and was told I couldn't do it because none where $15.00. and the layaway has to be $50.00 or more. 4 items at $15.00 is $60.00 I had 8 but none for $15.00 but the total of mine was $120.00 still can't put on layaway. I shop wal mart alot and was pissed when told I couldn't layaway the stuff I had. makes me look at K MART layaway I can put the things I had on layaway there with out trouble and less money than Wal Mart

I had the same problem, I was very upset, I couldn't even put the $20 lamp I had in layaway! As the clerk was telling me this she was picking up the items with two fingers like a poopy diaper!!!

I left everything (several items) for them to put away, went home and ordered from Amazon. I like Layaway because you can get most of your gifts, pay on them and have them in storage until 12/16.

I will not be buying any Christmas gifts from Walmart and I am not buying any Thanksgiving food or Christmas food from Walmart. I am sure they don't care, but they lost about $600 in business from me.

then go to k mart, crybaby.

Having trouble affording ghetto financing?

Lol 15 bucks and you need layaway?

Carlisle, Pennsylvania

Walmart false advertising for ipods touch 16gb

how can you promise something that does not exist....Thats what walmart.ca is doing selling the new ipods touch 16gb 5th generation for 198$ lolll poeple dont get fooled it does not exit yet youre bying a 4th generation ipods touch........its the ipods nano thats 198$ who ever did the web site is in the rong......and thats what we calle false advertising pass the words...i went over trying to b nice about it and they did not care its such a bib worldwide store that they juste ignore what you have to say...so i end it up paying a 100$ more then expected cause i thought the ipods touch 16gb existed but i end it up buying the real 32gb insted still a hundred more at the cash that i wasent expecting

Hello im the one who made this article.

My conclusion are: Go all the way with youre complaint because its worth it......I say the website was in the rong called them and apple store...They both said to me that this was inacceptable to sell a product that do not exist yey......And thank me for noticing the rong .............at the end got and nice store rebates worth my patience and procedures i had to go trought and for my privacy of enjoying my ipod like i was supposed well got for free lollllll

@PissedConsumer563128

Your complaint will be taken seriously as soon as you learn to write properly in English. That is all...whiner.

@Bythe

go a head and right french .....i told you im french not english..... you try to right french........and like i said its all over 3 days after walmart.ca took the advertising out and i won lackey......to bad you did not lolll if youre sureabout youre complaint ypure supposed to win like i did lolllllllll lolllllllll to all

@Bythe

im french......you write french.....and if you reply you understand ***......i think you did not win youre complaint or something lollllllllllllllll like i said i won and its all over and im enjoying my ipod 32gb lollllll in youre face haters

@PissedConsumer563128

This is all true i live in bathurst nb and have no reason to lies.......i have money....did not really have to do all this but it was to prove a point that all big brand names dont really gives a *** about customer service unless you know how to go true all the right procedure of complaint.Just because youre a big brand doesent mean you can steal from people by false advertising to bring customer in the store.........I know all this by experience......i did this for the average customer........ and yes im french and proud of it

Christ...reread your complaint. If anyone should know about human error, it should be you.

"does not exit yet "

"web site is in the rong" rong...really? You can't spell the word wrong?

"that i wasent expecting" I "wasent" expecting to need a translator to read your complaint, but I guess I was rong.

Make sure your mom has proof read your next post before you publish it.

@PissedConsumer562224

Thats what you have to say about all this my spelling im french so whatever at least you understood .Whatever the website is still advertising this and when you buy something online you expect what you pay....When i buy some stuff on ebay i get whats advertise or else the seller is in real trouble why not walmart

Anyway just saying not here for baby fights

It isn't known as false advertising, it is known as human error. Every now and then I find a mistake on different web sites, and I don't go around shouting "false advertising." Grow up!

@PissedConsumer561611

human error is the main cause of false advertising its there mistake like you said you go out and shout that you have a product for sale and its not true so what that called wen you walk in a store any store and you go buy a product thats not like its was advertise is called false advertising and wen you get it online you get the 4th generation and you have to go true all that process of returning back that product and paying 340$ for the real one and not 240$ ......major prices difference ........privacy of joy and false advertising......its called what its called buddy......ive already contacted walmart and the even said that yes its a form of false advertising....they called me today to checque the dates that i went true all this and invetigating the process waitaing for my response in 1 or 2 days cant wait......ill keep you poseted lolll

View more comments (8)
Moncton, New Brunswick
Loss

i was in walmart in hondo tx and i wanting to buy a rol of quaters and the csm was extremly rude she said could not sell the quaters and that the bank that was in the store would not either because i didnt have an account with them. so i went ahead and ask teller if i could buy some quarters from and she very polite and let me buy some from her. i was going buy a couple drinks after that and every one their boxes were not cold they were lukewarm. i think this walmart should have stay a small store instead of getting big, they think they better than their customers

The CSM was correct. WalMart is not a bank. Go to a bank or credit union to purchase rolls of change.

Did you ever think about going to the money store that is located in WalMart? Stores like WalMart most likely go through so many quarters that they can't be selling rolls of quarters.

However, when I cash my check at my bank I get as many rolls of quarters as I will need until my next check. All I use the quarters for is doing laundry.

View more comments (1)
Chantilly, Virginia
Walmart Account

Worst customer service in this city and that's unanimous

From the time you walk in-deli, bread, produce especially meat dept, frozen, pharmacy is terrible but when you get to cashiers it's like a rude free for all. They actually holler at each other, no manners common sense,rude rude. I'm 71 with white hair and lot's of wrinkles and when the girl asked for id I just said my birthdate, well she came unglued, stopped what she was doing put her hands on her hip and said she couldn't proceed-I had $80 worth of food and btw no more, all this while shouting at another cashier to open her register, the lines were very long. I don't know why you can never find a manager there I have asked 3 times now, this store is getting sooo bad I've had it. I'll drive a little out of my way and go to walmart from now on. It's very bad over there.

I forgot to mention this all I wanted to do was try to return a tv I bought last year. The rude rude cashier asked for a receipt and I told her no.

She asked for my driver's license and I told her its none of her business. Ill take my biznuss to Target from now on.

Terre Haute, Indiana
Walmart Cashier

What is walmart going to do

.i was at magnolia AR. erma willis would help me.all she wanted to do is make dates with men.what is walmart a dating services.I complained.she walks around talking and not working.i whacth her make 10 dates in 2 hours do we really a *** working at walmart. I ask. i heard erma willis was doing the same thing at the walmart in springhill,LA now she goine to the walmart in fordyce,AR it looks to me shes really moving up .should we have to look everytime we go to walmart.so what you goint to do.

i know what she doin. im her boyfriend

Don't you have anything more important to do with your time than worry about what Walmart employees are doing? You really have to get a life, instead of sounding like a "busy Body." When you see an employee talking to somebody, you have no idea what they are talking about, unless you get in their space, and that would be rude and impolite.

View more comments (1)
Monroe, Louisiana

WATCH WALMART CASHIERS THEY ARE PETTY THIEVES

The Walmart Cashier on 287 between Loveland and Fort Collins CO literally STOLE my money. I handed her several bills, including a 100 dollar bill. I made the mistake of not keeping my eye on the middle-aged lady and she said I only handed her a 50. Well, I know what I did and argued she must have pulled the 50 out of her cash drawer and said See? SHE STOLE THE OTHER 100 from me! Also, me and other friends have had several experiences of when swiping the credit card, they will push the option of you want cash back when I know I haven't pushed it. They then pocket your change. This is a cash advance you have to pay for while they make off with the extra change. Be sure to watch your recepts, people.

You have no idea what you're even talking about. The cash back option is only available to the customer; the cashier has no part in choosing that option.

This is why the screen says Waiting On Customer whenever the option is on the pinpad screen. I literally can't stand most of the customers that come through my store.

Seriously, if you don't work there, then keep your mouth shut! Pathetic...

@PissedConsumer561232

Oh my. I totally agree with you.

The person who posted this nonsense is pathetic. yes, the customer is the only one who can select the cash back option. So if this person is gonna make this up, then i'm surely not believing them about getting their money "stolen"!! They are probably just one of this quick change artists who are just mad that the cashier didn't fall for their scam.

Lol. What an ***.

@PissedConsumer561232

It might be true that there is no way to do that from the cashier's end... but doesn't mean I'm gonna read that comment and put up with you badmouthing customers!!

Just cos I don't work there doesn't mean I'm a dumb *** that doesn't know what I'm talking about! You literally can't stand most of your customers? Well, those customers you hate so *** much pay your *** salary, ***! You know...the next time I go to CO, I MIGHT just pay your store a little visit and see how much of an attitude you have!

You don't like your customers...get out of customer service jobs!!! Tell me to keep my mouth shut because I don't work there?

Word of advice: Don't go so far out of your way to *** someone off who's already pissed...because when you have no customers left due to your attitude...you might want to start wondering how you feel about those customers afterward. There is no place for *** in hospitality or retail!

The only way you can get cash back is if the customer selects it. The cashier on their side cannot choose cash back. Also if the cashier took extra money from you all that you had to do was ask a csm to count the cashier register to see if it was over.

Denver, Colorado