Walmart Reviews

Show reviews that mention
store customer service customer service money order people manager card items
Filter review

No ! Ruffle Chill & Cheese at my store

Why is it there are No Ruffle Chill & Cheese Chips at the Walmart in Vinita, Ok. I have to go to other Walmart stores to but them , at least 4 bags at a time . I have asked the chip person who brings them to the Walmart store & all i get is the run around , like he dosen't have a clue what i am talking about or they have NEVER bought Ruffle Chill & Cheese to this Walmart store . Oh ! yes they have because i bought some just last week & today i go back to buy some more & THEY ARE ALL GONE . Thank -u Sue Copeland
Tulsa, Oklahoma

Walmart...Always poor service

I stopped at the Woodstock IL Super Center after work at 10 PM for two items. Only one cashier open. The customer in line was having problems coming up with the money for the purchase, debit/cash card would not work...they send her to the ATM machine and send the other employee to fetch the keys...at the back of the store...for the register. Cards still yield no money, customer comes back and has to take some purchases off the bill. By now there were 10 people in line and they finally opened a second register! This took between 15 and 20 minutes. I don't know why I continue to deal Walmart, the prices certainly are NOT that good.

I have had so many issues with Customer

Service (fabrics, electronic, deli) even the customer service desk. I have started carrying the Walmart phone number with me and call the manager on my cell phone. The customers around me always get a kick out of it.

Anyone care to bet that Madi35 is one of those butt kissing employees? Madi, you brown noser, really check the prices, don't buy into the propaganda that walmart spews as the truth....think for yourself!

Yes the prices ARE that good and yes you will be back. That is the reality of it....As a cashier, I can tell you that no one feels worse about poor service than MOST of your walmart employees...we are PEOPLE first.

We do not sell our souls to work there, and despite popular opinion your money does not go straight into our pockets. We deal with so many things behind the smile (however forced it may be sometimes) that you have no idea.

At 10 at night in our store it's usually dead. Why pay 10 cashiers to hang around doing nothing in the hopes that someone will mess up, not have funds, create a long line just so you dont have to wait 5 or God forbid 10 mins?

Do you know why Walmart wont do this? TO KEEP YOUR PRICES AS LOW AS THEY CAN BE...oh that's not to say they dont add a little profit in their own pockets as well, but you get my point. As for poor service, were they rude to you? Did you not get what you wanted?

Or is it that you just had to wait in a situation that, well when you get right down to it was customer fault and not really walmart. Under normal circumstances...had the customer had the funds, there would have been hardly any wait at all....so why blame walmart?

We are so lucky -- our WalMart has self service checkouts and they are great.

View more comments (3)
Mount Laurel, New Jersey
Walmart Deal

Walmart in Pico Rivera CA Customer Service Employee refused to give me her name

After a 45 minute wait in line at my local Walmart store in Pico Rivera, CA, It was finally my turn to step to the young lady to return an item. As I explained my return she had a "i dont care" type of attitude and didnt say much and threw my money on the counter and said "NEEEXT" I was annoyed by her attitude and asked her name since she didnt have a name tag. She said im not going to give it to you, why do you need it? I looked around to see if I caould find another associate to give me her name but all of the other workers pretended nothing was happening. I asked this one lady for the Supervisor and she said she was not there, So I asked for the persone in charge at that moment and the rude girl that had helped me came to me and said "that would be me". I was so upset that no one was able to help me. I went back a few days later to see if I could speak to the Supervisor and all I could get from her was "I will def take care of that" she also gave me her name, "Sandra". Other than that annoying experience, Walmart has 20 cashier stations but they only open 3-4, the lines are horribly long and Cashiers are so darn slow. OMG! specially when they make an error and need to wait for the shift lead to use her code and key...on boy! I dont know how Walmart does it...So rude and annoying. Its been a year I dont shop at Walmart. Its not worth my time.

Ive always said that I think if people want to shop at walmart they must work there for a week out of their life. its ***!

you have NO idea. We get rude customers all day, customers who try and scam you and when you tell them no give you an EXTREMLY hard time. Its ridiculous. Then you have managment, coming up w.

new *** everyday.

Nothing is consistent and going day to day not knowing what the heck could happen is stressful. Also We dont have to tell you our names.

They're not obligated to tell you there names. You got medicore service at a wallmart.

STOP THE *** PRESSES. Get over it.

This is the WalMart we all know and love. Their customer service is now a joke and since they seem to never have enough checkout lanes open, I simply stopped going there and go instead to Meijer, etc. I do not need to save a few bucks if I have to put up with WalMart's attitude.

View more comments (2)
Huntington Beach, California
Walmart Cashier
Loss

Walmart hates children

We live in an area where there are not many houses. I had to do some shopping along the way so I took my four year old and seven year old daughters with me. I wanted to take them to a close by neighborhood later on to go trick or treating. I normally go to your store but today I did not need a thing from your store. Since it was closest to the neighborhood I I asked for plastic bags for my children to go trick or treating with. They said they could not give me a plastic bag unless I buy something. So I went and bought a few things which I later returned. You have a three month refund policy. I will return everything that I can which I have bought within the three months which is close to $150. I was a very loyal customer and you could not even give my kids two freaking bags to gather their candy in. Those bags must cost you five cents. Well for ten cents you lost a loyal lifetime customer. You do a lot of charity work which benefits children but I see you only do this to get more business from the community by providing for the community. You don't care about children at all.

Yeah it is a security issue maam nothing to do with cost.. its about shoplifters!

I wouldn't want to use the Walmart bags. They would probably give out.

The OP has modified the original post

They are obviously full of ***

Most complaints on this site are lame, but if it went down the way the OP tells it, Walmart owes her an apology.

Chances are management probably just read every cashier the riot act about how much bags cost and to "please" do better and stop using so many...and your cashier made a bad call at that time. Me, I woulda handed them over to you...but with an eye out for managment hoping to not get into trouble for it later. It might be 2 bags to you but if management wants to ride my butt over it it's not really worth it to me to screw myself out of a job over giving your kids a free bag or 2.

You really have no idea what a cashier goes through until you are one, trust me.

YOu only spent $150 in Walmart within 3 mos? Man I spend that there at least once a week.

Don't really think Walmart will miss your $150 they are a huge company. Oh and by the way there candy buckets are only $1 so for 8 quarters you could have saved me from having to read this article and type this comment.

walmart is a *** joke. greedy bastards overall. and 51 million is pennys to that company they wipe their *** with that.

Those bags cost Walmart money. Why do you think they should just give them to you?

Is it because you think that your little bundles of joy are so *** precious and they should get anything they want even if it means taking it from somebody else for free? Typical liberal ***.

Why don't you go join the rest of the *** hippies at Occupy Wall Street then? I bet your kids aren't cut either.

I was the employee that refused to give you the bags. Its not against policy or anything like that, nor do I hate all children.

The truth is I hate your children in particular.

Only your children. Every other child I see gets a free bag.

Spend $5 and get your kids a *** bag instead of them carrying around a Wal MArt Bag buy them one of the plastic Jack o Lanterns they can't be that much . If you can't afford one then start saving you plastic bags.

View more comments (15)
ID
#271930 Review #271930 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Toronto, Ontario

Lack of customer training

Hi, A couple days ago I went into walmart with a pedock. (A pedock is a slip of paper used as money for buy what ever is listed given by social worker.) Anyway, the pedock was listed for $200.00 of groceries. After getting all the things I needed I took $200.00 worth of groceries to the register. Before I continue, when you have pedock, the cashier is suppose to suspend your order and walk with you to the customer service desk with the pedock and receipt. This is to make sure you don't walk out with the unpaid items. After this cashier had finished putting my groceries through all I said was "now I need you to suspend it." She did and handed me the reciept.She didn't walk with me to the customer service desk, she didn't even ask why I needed it suspended. I COULD HAVE taken that reciept and my unused pedock and walked out of the store put the groceries in my car and took them home free and came back the next day and used the same $200.00 pedock to get another load of groceries. Of course I didn't do that. That would be stealing and it's wrong. So anyway, I proceeded to the customer service desk by myself and told the woman at the counter what just transpired. She took it seriously and called the manager over who was standing at an empty closed till. He listened to my story and made a sound like "hm" and walked back to his empty closed till and started flicking his pen in between his fingers. I was shocked that he didn't go and explain to this cashier what she should have done. It would have taken two minutes to explain. Next time they may not be so lucky as to get a trust worthy customer. I know I shouldn't worry about it and what ever their loss but I almost regret not walking out with that free load of groceries. Would have hopefully taught them a thing or two about how important it is to train your employees before putting the on the floor.

It's entirely possible the manager spoke with the cashier about the incident once she was no longer on the register, attending to other customers. They are supposed to avoid 'dressing down' an employee in front of customers whenever possible as it can often make the customer feel anxious or nervous, so instead they're supposed to pull the cashier into the office later to talk about the problem and whatnot.

Hopefully, that's what happened here so the cashier won't make the same mistake a second time.

Tasha 's job is to discredit whatever you post. I believe she is employed by pissedconsumer.com, even though she claims to be 14 years old. Ignore her statements; she is a plant.

Apollo, Pennsylvania
October 29, 2011 I walked in with a portable battery charger that was less than 30 days old. I had the receipt and nice box and instructions already for refund. I was nice and polite and asked for a refund. One of the employees at Clearlake,ca O'Reilly store was...
Kelseyville, California

Vero Beach, FL Wal-Mart Children's Halloween Costume Warning!

I purchased two costumes for my 5 year old daughter; child size 4-6. First costume was a fiber optic witch outfit. The costume that was in the package was a very inappropriate "sexy" ADULT witch costume. I had to travel back to the store to exchange the costume for another one. There were only a bumble bee costume in her size, so I got it. Brought it home without inspecting it first to find ANOTHER inappropriate "sexy" ADULT bee costume. The costumes looked like role playing lingerie and not Halloween costumes. I called and spoke with a customer service rep and asked if they would compensate me for my time and trouble they said no. So, I returned to the store in attempt to exchange the 2nd costume for any child's costume in size 4-6. There were none but being a designer I decided to look for a larger sized CHILDREN'S costumes. The next three costumes that I chose I decided to make sure it was the right costume in the bag before exchanging it for a 3rd time. And, every costume bag that I checked was either an adult costume or missing something that was suppose to be included. I don't believe that this is customers doing this, as I was originally told by customer service. I think they are receiving them like that. I am totally appalled and disgusted with the store and customer service. I just demanded my money back and not a 'gift card' and said I would take my business elsewhere. Consumer's Beware!!!!!

You should tell your daughter to stop being such a tease.

FIRST: No business pay for your time and travel expenses. You where shopping there, you have 2 hands, 2 eyes, and a brain.

SECOND: You've already experience a negative situation, why would you shop again at the same location if the CSR are noonoos?

THIRD: Walmart pays very little. The CSR are young hinky-dinky reps and they don't have an appropriate trainning. What do you expect from them? The same with other businesses.

LOGIC: " If you keep on dooing what you always done, you will keep on getting what you always got"!!!

Okay...After the second time..Why did you even care to look at their costumes? Customers do some pretty horrible things in Walmart..Whether the customer service person told you they received them like that or not..I dont care. That was a customer...The walmart i worked at, a customer returned a paintbucket full of shiit(literally)So don't go piissing on Walmart because of what you "think" happened.

In rereading all of the posts ojecting to my postings, I notice that they are all from the same group of people. Tasha posts as "I agree", and "mix it up gal" posts also under the name "Grow up".

I haven't been able to detect everyone yet, but these posts are originating from only two or three people, "members" of the site I believe - that's what they call themselves.

O.?K.? Even though you are busted, you will keep trying with the insults.

Seriously, give it up. Your disguise isn't holding.

TOLD 'YA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOOK WHAT HAPPENED IN MY NEIGHBOR OR THE NIGHT AFTER HALLOWEEN. WWW.ipetition.com/gregnelson;74 YEAR OLD DAVID OAKLEAF WAS BEAT IN THE HEAD WITH A BASEBALL BAT. AND, WHERE WAS SECURITY DURING HIS BEATEN OR MINES?

Do you have a life? Apparently not.

Commenting about others who do not write or speak eloquently. Shame on you.

Here's a dime. Get yourself a rubberband.

Nuh, uh.

No, I DON'T attack the OP for stating their grievances. I attack Tasha, "cohena2", etc.

because they attack the OP for stating their grievances. They are the attack dogs of pissedconsumer.com and they will say anything to discredit a legitimate complaintant.

Hacked, in case you don't know it, these people are the attack dogs of pissedconsumer.com. After you read enough postings, you will see, everyone is attacked similarly.

They keep saying to ignore trolls. I am pretty sure they mean themselves.

View more comments (17)
Miami, Florida

Pissed at Wal-Mart

Went to my local Wal-Mart today to grocery shop and decided to go to the toy department to check on a item that is very difficult to find for my granddaughter for Christmas..Lite Sprites. I have hd a hard time finding them months ago and did get the main one for $30.00. There are 4 more that I wanted to find and I did find them in Wamart..ALL 4!!! They are $14.87 each, I went to layawy and they tell me that each item has to be $15.00 ..well, with taxes it IS OVER $15.00 each..I even went to the store manager and she was not helpful either. I think this is ridiculous that Walmart is not willing to help the customer and work with the cutomer..we are still in a recesion and things are very tough out here..Very angry over this!!

Not only can they not make exceptions for one without making exceptions for everyone else, as Bex said, but more often than not the register/system is set up to not even allow purchases below the $15 (before taxes) to be scanned into the layaway system.

Things like that might have to be before taxes (they should have explained that to you). And they have to keep up with the policy. If they let this slide, they will have to do the same for the others.

Norfolk, Virginia

Won't Hire My Son

Try phoning in after applying for a job. I'm talking about someone who needs a job ASAP! Customer service told me that Walmart keeps applications on file for 6 months and will call when they are hiring...AND that all companies do the same. That is complete BS!! I asked to speak with the person in charge of hiring. When told the people in charge of hiring were in a meeting I said, fine, when my son comes in to talk to this person, who does he talk to and where does he find them? She said he has to make an appointment to talk to them. I said that's fine, when he comes in to make an appointment, where does he do this. She said, come to the back of the store in the layaway area and she herself would page the person to speak with me. The fact is, I don't like being snappy, but I had to in order to find out how to even speak with someone to find out if there is a remote possibility of my son being hired. My telephone conversation with her was after several attempts by my son to find out from customer service at the Walmart store, who to talk to about a job, since he had submitted his application and resume several days ago. The lady I spoke with was incredibly rude to me. It's a wonder Walmart has any employees and customers for that matter!!!!!

You shoulda tried repeatedly slapping the hr manager untill he was hired. It literrly might have been more effective

Can't the "little boy" get a job by himself without his mama making a stink. No one wants to hire a person who has their mommy doing things for them. WAAAAAAAAA....mommy, they won't call me back re: my application..

Wait till this little guy tries to get a real job...ha,ha, :cry

It is all about being "Empowered to be Entitled. There thousands of folks willing to work the process to be hired. Does mama and little "Snookems", understand that the world does not revolve around them.

"Another angry parent," you had me at "My son.." :grin

Your son is not entitled to a job and the response that they are not hiring at the moment and will keep his application on file should be sufficient.

As an employer if I had a parent calling me, getting "snappy" and being pushy about her child's application I would not under any circumstance hire him. What this tells me as an employer is that your son is not mature enough to navigate the application process independently. If a person cannot even navigate applying for a job on their own, why would I expect them to be able to do a job on their own?

It took me several years, before they hired me. And I was shocked when they did.

How about the fact that the store probably receives 50 applicants or more every single day, do you think they can hire everyone that puts in an application. As a manager and person who hires potential employees, if I see mommy with an applicant, they are not getting hired.

As an employer, I would not hire him if he could not handle things himself. Mommy, you just embarrassed your son on the internet and to Walmart.

Would you pack his lunch for him too?

Maybe, call the store during his break to see if he is ok or if he needs anything? Make sure he ties his shoes!

First of All it sounds like you are a little bit hostile that might be one of the reason why you did not get the Job and Second of All I know Some Wal-Mart employees that Wal-Mart was their first job, So they don't just go by that.

RE: walmart employee

How exactly "do you "QUALIFY" working for walmart, especially if it is your first job? or even second?

where do you get qualifications from? where do they begin and where do they end? Does walmart ever hire any inexperienced people? isn't that how people start many of their first job/s with inexperience?

Isn't that why they are supposed to provide employee training?

of course it is easier for them to hire someone with a little more experience or training but it does not mean they should discriminate with it! especially when their application "do not say" "previous experince a must"...hmmmm

View more comments (27)
Walmart - Beware of Wal Mart oil change
Oil change at WAL-MART resulted in engine plug falling out September 30, 2011, locking up my engine. Towed to 2 shops that verified it was a WALMART problem. WALMART would not honor the claim even though we had bills, towing and AES (Automotive Excellence...

Why would anyone go to walmart for auto work? Common sense!

Have you ever tried to hold an intelligent conversation with a walmart employee?

Who is a fault? The walmart worker, or the id1ot that allows walmart to work on their car?

View more comments
Washington, District Of Columbia
Walmart Oil Change

A Place for Kids

I just happened to be in my local Walmart earlier this evening and saw a disturbing sight. Some of the associates were in Halloween costumes. I thought you had to be 18 and older to work at Walmart. I didn't know they hired children. The cashier I had tonight had a horrible looking wig on. I can't believe that other customers complimented her on it. Then when I went to leave, I passed another worker dressed in a ninja costume. They also had a parade at the peak time. There were so many kids running around, I thought I was at an amusement part. I thought Walmart was a place of business, not a place run by kids.

What kind of liberal *** posted this complaint? Nobody is throwing any holiday down your throat, they are just having fun.

If you don't celebrate halloween, that is fine, if you don't celebrate christmas, that is fine too, just because other people do does not mean they are shoving it in your face. Get a **** life.

I am so sick of people complaining about the most trivial things. Lots of adults participate in celebrating Halloween.

If you dont want to dress up,then dont. But calling people pedophiles for participating is just juvenile. Lets take a look at who is complaining: A person who doesn't want other's views imposed on her, but wants to impose her view on others and a woman who brags about being a derelict parent who abandons her children. PLEASE by all means stop shopping at Walmart.

That way the decent citizens of America won't have to worry about being around people like you. If you hate America so much....then leave!!!!

Also ...have you never heard of birth control.

Yes this is America and if we can't celebrate our Holidays you should not be able to celebrate your holidays either! get the *** over yourself you selfish ***! Just because the mangers like to celebrate Halloween does not make them a *** you dumb ***.

My Walmart did that last year and it was a big success I think you are just one of those customers that like to complain over *** ***, and at least the kids are their parents were having fun.

how high are your expectations when you go to a place like walmart. Pull the stick out of your *** and get in the Halloween spirit

View more comments (5)
Walmart Cashier

Manager calling an associate on the carpet while customers in the area.

While shopping in the Ottawa,Illinois store Friday Oct.21, 2011, around noon or a little after I was shopping in the fabric department and a manager came up and started talking to the associate about not punching out for lunch and was written up. I thought it totally inappropriate and felt sorry for the associate. She was trying to defend herself and explain what had happened. While still in the department another associate came and told the lady that she had to go and sign the paper and then the second associate would have to do the same. I was just finishing up my transaction and thought it was sad that these ladies felt the need to rush off to sign the paper for the manager or whoever it was that called them on the carpet. How embarrassing for the associates. Never have I seen that kind of conduct in Walmart before. I left with a different feeling toward the store and kind of sorry for the employees if this is common practice.

oops!!! no right!!

a manager has no right! I got carried away :P

I would hope that it certainly NOT commonplace! A manager has to right to embarass an employee in front of the customers like that!

If I were that employee, I would go over the department head, clear up to Corperate. Shame on that manager, she should be repremanaded!

Mankato, Minnesota
Walmart Manager

Tech refused to help in a emergancy situtation

i was traveling 400 miles from home on a emergancy situtation. My left front tire started leaking air throught the valve. I went to the walmart tire center and asked them to fix the valve and replace the tire with one I had and the tech and manager refused because all my tires were bad but I had bought a new set and was waiting on them to be delivered. The condition of my tires had nothing to do with the emergency situtation i was having. I now have to drive 400 miles home on a tire that is leaking air. I did not ask anyone to replace or touch the other tires it was just the one. I was here in malone on a emergancy situtation and I should not get treated with tons of disrespect because I was driving on bad tires. I am very upset at this situtation and will never go back to your store for any auto work and I will be letting everyone I know not to go there either.

A can of Fix-A-Flat would have done wonders and not put Wal-Mart in a liability situation.

Quit thinking with your dipstick.....

Was it an emergency situtation?

A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency.

As bad as WalMart can be in the customer service area, the guys in the auto center probably did the right thing in refusing to touch a bad tyre. They cannot afford the liability to do so.

You should not be driving on bad tyres anyway. You are a danger to the rest of us responsible drivers.

View more comments (3)
Plattsburgh, New York
Walmart Manager
Hello ya'll i have found that when you look at a profile look for an OC symbol is yellow somewhere around picture, this denotes the profile is computer generated. in two weeks i recieved 43 e-mails from women and everyone is a fake, DO NOY PAY, i was lucky enough...

Tasha, I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings. I did not know you were a child.

I only post under my name though, and besides, I'm a chick.

View more comments
Richmond, Kentucky

Ridiculed me because I wanted them to split a box of syringes

You are loosing my business because of less that a five dollar problem. We have spent around 1000.00 dollars a month at Walmart drug for the past five years. This will not happen any more because Walmart employees cant understand that a person taking four shots per day will use more that 100 syringes per month. The Walmart employees said they could not split a box of 100 syringes so I would have to pay another co-pay in order to get enough syringes to last one month. My prescription stated to be filled as needed. Not just 100 syringe per co-pay. My business is now going to Walgreens

No retail store will split up a box of anything. I can't go into Publix and ask to purchase only 7 of the popsicles in a box of 20. Retail packages/pricing don't work that way.

Sometimes you have to do the math for them. Explain 4 shots a day x 30 or 31 days = 120 or 124 syringes a month and that's what your Rx says you need and that's what you want and are paying for and if they can't fill your script properly you will report them and take your $1000/mo.

business elsewhere. Once the penny drops they'll get you you're syringes.

Hmmmmmmmm - Interesting, time and clues will certainly tell the truth regarding this child, who is required to spend 8 hours a day in school.

Here's another point to be taken. Tasha is on so many sites that there is no way that a fourteen year old can possibly reply to in her off time from school.

A person who works a full time job would be hard put to post on as many sites and Tasha does. If you would look around, you'd see that Tasha makes some "innocent" statement and follows it up with her tender age so that she won't be challenged on it. I believe that she is no fourteen year old, that she works full time, most probably for pissedconsumer.com, and that she is either a he or a she.

No kid in the world can keep up the pace that this poster claims to do after school and on weekends. Poor little Tasha is probably raking in big bucks from some computer site, and I would put large bucks on it that she/he works for this very one.

@PissedConsumer363391

I think you are the 14 year old ASSuming someone who disagrees with the poster works for the company.

Yeah, maybe so. I just didn't realize she was 14 at first, I thought she was just an extremely ignorant adult. Point taken.

Anonymous, The thing I have difficulty understanding is that syringes are so inexpensive, why you didn't just take the whole box of 100. If you are spending $1,000.00 a month in drugs, an additional few dollars for the shots can't be a significant matter to your expense output.

Are the syringes that much more expensive in your area, because they are minimal where I live, at least for diabetic syringes. How expensive are they in your area?

Prescriptions are filled based on directions. If the MD writes the Rx for 4 shots per day, then you're going to get one box for 25 days.

If they write it for 4-5 shots per day, then you'll get your amount. Pharmacies just can't make stuff up, it all depends on the way the Rx was written.

I'm an adult. I have insomnia.

I'm not going to apologize for defending some of the people/companies/ideas being bashed continuously.

I never came on here with the intention of posting, but so many ignorant people were saying so many horrible things, I wanted to throw in my 2 cents. Just like you're doing.

Aren't you the one following her around from site to site?

Tasha, do you even have parents and do they have any idea of what you're up to? You are probably so undisciplined that they are happy you are on the internet and not in their hair.

Get off of these adult sites. You don't belong on her. You can't even afford school supplies for yourself and you get into everyone else's financial business. Get off of this site.

Get some freinds your age and grow up. You need to start a different life than being on the pissedconsumer.com site every night. For God's sake, do your homework. Don't you have a term paper to do or some science project?

If you applied yourself this much in school, you'd probably be a decent student. GET OFF!

View more comments (13)