Walmart Reviews

Show reviews that mention
store customer service customer service money order people manager card items
Filter review

I tried for an hour to get a pharmacist on the line, at THREE different local walmarts.

If Walmart pharmacies are so overworked that I could not get a pharmacist or tech on the line, at three different stores, for over an hour, then pity the person who actually uses prescriptions filled there. I would DOUBLE CHECK everything from their pharmacies., I am a health care provider, and I will never use walmart to fill my prescriptions. If walmart wants to work their pharmacy staff as if they live in a third world country, then maybe they should do what so many other companies have done, and send their stores overseas. I reinterate, do not use walmart to fill prescriptions in North Carolina.

I work at a Wal-Mart pharmacy in my community in Ohio and have never heard any complaints like this. Most pharmacies in our area make you wait on hold for about 10-15 minutes or so average when you need to talk to the pharmacist (especially when there's only one on duty), but I've never heard of anyone holding for over an hour.

If we're REALLY busy, we direct health care providers to our voicemail system to leave a message. Maybe you should report it to 1-800-wal-mart...

Hickory, North Carolina
Walmart Pharmacist

Wal mart pricing never correct

Today I went to walmart in Lowell Ar. and for the 5th time got to the check outs and was charged the wrong price. The counter has 19.00 and get chareged 29.96 and they will not give it to you for the 19.00 This is the 5th time in this store. Next time I will call and have them investegated and they can be charged for all the wrong prices in this store.This is NOT good customer service and I am pissed. The last time it was a desk chair marked on the box 49.00 and it rang up for 99.00 and the manager would not honor.

you should not have to get down and read all the fine print. you look at the price and if you want it you buy it.

It has nothing to do with being able to read. I guess you (Irish) work for Wm so learn how to put the right price on the right product!

Why are you not shopping with your parents when you obviously cannot read. You have to make sure the price matches the product. Till you are old enough to do that you should not be shopping alone.

I am a Manager in retail and have been for years. if we mark it wrong or don't get price changes done we honor our mistake.

I do understand customers move things around and put things out of place, that I can forgive. But when wm employees put things up and don't change the price thats not right if they don'y honor

I've had this happen.... I simply say "Oh, well it must have been in the wrong spot, well never mind I don't want it if that's the price..."

No harm to me, Just leave it at the register and dont buy it....Nobody is hurt :x

I had that happen when I purchased a Bissell rug cleaner, they honored the $10 difference in price. I think it's an individual store/management decision. I would report it to corporate.

This has happened to me too at Wal-mart! They had tables on sale for $22 when they were originally $30, so I picked one up and when I checked it out, it rang up at the $30 price!

I argued with them for 10 minutes and they had someone go back to look and --of course-- that person couldn't find the display I was talking about, so I said I'd take them back there and show them myself, and they finally caved in and gave it to me for the lowered price.

It's terrible! Walmart sucks.

View more comments (5)
Bella Vista, Arkansas

$5+ increase in price for holiday items at Wal-Mart

I recently shopped at Wal-Mart for Christmas, I know mistake number #1. I purchased over $400 worth of stuff from teen clothing, prepackaged x-mas items to grocery items. I noticed on some of the stuff when removing price tags that the price was increased a buck or two. One of the items, Ghirardelli(sp) chocolates, a large sampler pack, that the price, which had a green tag on top of another green tag, was a whopping $5.12 more than the original price....What the *ell is that all about? My dander was up on the buck or two items, I'm used to peeling stickers and finding that I save some money, NEVER have I found that the price had gone up, not to mention five bucks! I me that's gouging, isn't there a law against that? They weren't even cavalier enough to *** the old price, just leave them both there. I get it though... I'm the real ***!

To Walmart Management

I would like to state my disapointment in the walmart corporation. As I have tried to solve a problem with a return of a broken Chair massager that was purchased for me by my wife for christmas.

I had lost my reciept and was only offered 19 dollars for a product that cost us 38 dollars. It is not the $19 dollars that bothers me but my trust in walmart has been broken. This is my opion of what is going on at walmart. They have the massagers and other items manufactor in china as it says on the box ( manufactored for walmart stores).

The items are a christmas item and are sold to customers at a premium price. The customers buy these items and give them to friends and family as gifts for christmas. As every present I have ever recieved from someone no receipt was included and I assume walmart also believes to be the norm. As soon as christmas comes and goes the prices of the items are slashed 50% or more and called an after christmas sale.

All of people who recieved these items as gifts rushed to the store with the items that dont work or they dont want to be refunded half the price that was paid originaly. Walmart wins either way, if you keep the item they keep the full price, if you return it they retain half the money and the person who recieved the gift dosent know they are being robbed IWalmart should be ashamed of these type buisness practicesess, it should be illegal and may very well be. I plan to file a complaint with the BBB and the lowndes and valdosta city commision. I also plan to protest the reissue of a license to do business in the city of valdosta and take a petition of individuals who agree with my concerns.

In protest I have returned all items purchased for my family members for christmas today and will no longer do business with walmart.

I calculated that I spend about $7800 dollars a year on food alone in the local store on norman drive but I will take my business else where. I can only guess this scam by walmart throughout the country cost americans millions of dollars a year and the general public doesnt even know it. If I have anything to do with it I will let it be known to all who will hear it.

Maybe one day the american people will rise up and put a stop to this type of dishonest business practisess . Thank You

Don't worry Walmart is scamming all there customers.I took all my christmas gifts back today and I will not be shopping at Walmart anymore.

Madison, Wisconsin

Walmart Christmas Return Scams

Recieved a back massager for christmas from my wife. she paid $38.00 for it at walmart, it last 1 day when I tried to return it they would only give me $19 for it because i didnt have a receit and they where marked down after Christmas 50%. How many of these pieces of *** where given as gifts to friends and family that quit working and when returned where only giving half the price of the item. There was a shopping buggy full of them at the customer service desk when i was there. Ill bet walmart doesnt have 5 bucks envolved in making them and is still making $15 for the ones that are returned.

have you noticed. 99% of return complaints are when the customer does not have a receipt. If your gonna return it SAVE YOUR RECEIPT!

You people dont get it. If everyone realized how they where getting screwed, and not just by walmart but they are the one who has screwed me lately.

I have been a republician for as long as I could vote , and have heard the term wealth redistubution as they put it, money taken from the rich and given to the poor.

I dont see it that way anymore, The poor and middle class are being robbed by the rich and the congress and senate are letting them get away with it with scams such as this after christmas sale. :zzz

It's their policy. And that policy has been in effect for quite some time now.

Are you saying that they should change it just because you don't like it? If you're THAT opposed to a company trying to cover it's own *** and make money, good luck finding another place to shop.

So your saying they should just take your word that it was bought BEFORE the price drop? Theres tons of people who buy stuff on clearance then bring it back once the price drop is over with saying "I have no receipt to prove it but I paid full price so give me the full price back!" and if they just took everybodys word every time they would end up losing thousands of dollars to these *** artists... Thats the purpose of a receipt, to prove you purchased it and how much you paid...Without that your pretty much up the creek without a paddle

It is walmart, the *** Christmas items I am talking about are manufactored in china for walmart stores. Thats what is printed on the back of the box.

And $19 dollars isnt going to make are break me, its the fact that they are stealing millions of dollars from the american people every year and disguising it as an after christmas sale. And I have never recieved or been offered a gift reciept from a walmart clerk.

I have never recieve a gift reciept with a gift. The first time I was offered one was the week before this christmas at J C Penny

I work customer service, I always insist that a customer gets a gift receipt and they decline if you were conserned about getting your money then you would have saved your receipt or got a gift receipt... Walmarts policy is 90 days with a receipt and its not Walmart its the manufacter.

Welcome to retail! This is the way that businesses are run......NO receipt, expect to get sale price, especially on seasonal items............SAVE YOUR RECEIPT!!!!!

Ugh that sucks. I've been in that situation before (with wal-mart actually), and it sucks but all you can really do I remember to save your receipt next time. Sorry man.

View more comments (8)
Valdosta, Georgia
Loss

Waited too long at walmart.

in the summer of 2009 i ordered a power washer from walmart.com and used their site to store feature.i had used it before with no problem. in about 7 days i was informed my order was in.i went to the woodbridge,nj store to pick it up.i waited approximately 40 minutes while they looked for it.i was told they couldn't locate it but was assured it would be found.i asked for a refund and had to wait another 20 minutes until some supervisor came to okay the refund.she didn't seem to care that i waited a long time.she had a ho-hum attitude.i asked to see the store manager and was told he was on vacation and would be back in 3 weeks.i don't believe them this was in august 2009.i wrote walmart and complained and never received a response.i do not shop in walmart's anymore.

MOONDOG--i wouldn't waste my time complaining to walmart.com.i found out that walmart.com is outsourced to a private company and based on previous experience with outsourced .coms,it would be a waste of time.i was upset by my treatment in the store.i think a total of 60 minutes is too long to wait.and i wrote their corporate headquarters and was ignored.i don't need walmarts.they need me.but obviously since they are so big,customer service no longer exists.thank you very much for the suggestion but i feel it would be a waste of time.

Did you take the time to file a complaint with the online walmart store? Just incase you might now have known, you would have been filing a complaint with coorperate wal-mart.

I'll tell you what most likely happened with your power washer. When it came in, someone else may have wanted that same washer. So the manager you encountered may have been the person who sold your power washer out from underneath you and the coorperate wal-mart store you bought it from online.

So if you did not file that complaint with coorperate wal-mart, maybe try doing it that way. You just may see something good happen for once with them.

New York, New York

Walmart Gift Cards

The Walmart Gift card is a total scam, I was sent a Walmart gift card to use for Christmas and it cannot be activated or used because there is a hold on the card. Walmart employees can't help. The outsourced labor in the Philippines can't help, but they have the $100 and I get nothing. I am a single mother that was counting on using the card for my four small children. Bah Humbug to to Walmart and their gift card service, which is scamming people out of their money and Christmas cheer. They are stealing from small children and single working mothers. Can you possibly get any lower than that?

Just got some advice from my grandma who happens to be quite the legal begal-

She said that you should go to the Attorney General of your state and file a complaint because there are more likely others.

Are we just going to let this go? I don't think that's an option; Walmart already gets away with murder. And after they've bought everybody out and put everyone else out of business, they'll be able to charge whatever they want for anything and everything.

Yup, just tried to use my 2 giftcards today (I earned them for my test scores from my school) and they wouldn't work either. No one at Walmart could give me an explanation other than it's been happening to EVERYONE who has bought WALMART giftcards and that they have had major complaints.

Like I said, my giftcards came from my school and I'm curious to see if the other students who received them had the same problem which is plausable. My grandma and I seem to think that they sold people jipped out cards. I mean it would be one thing if just a few people were having this problem every once in a while, that's understandable; but the MANAGER OF THE YREKA, CA WALMART told me that not a single person that recieved a giftcard (I'm guessing within the last few months) has been able to use them.

Way to go Walmart; you figured out a way to scam more people out of more money. All I have to say is I HOPE THEY FIX THIS QUICK BEFORE THEY GET SUED.

Los Angeles, California
Product
Walmart Gift Card

Walmart Product Care Ignores Warranty

On October 30, 2007 I purchased an Xbox 360 and an Extended Walmart Product Care Warranty from a Walmart Store in Glen Ellyn, IL. The unit worked until February 5, 2009. At that time I contacted Walmart Product Care and arranged the first attempt at repair. Since then I have sent the unit in a total 6 times - each time for the same error. Each time the unit has been returned to me where it would work from anywhere between a few minutes to a few weeks. I was told in October that I had been approved for a replacement unit and I would be contacted by the "Replacement Department" in 3 to 5 days. I never heard from anyone in the Replacement Department. I contacted Customer Service again and spoke with a supervisor by the name of Nancy. She assured me that she would email a Ms. Evans in replacements and she would contact me with 1 business day. Ms. Evans NEVER contacted me. I left Ms. Evans several voicemails - none were ever returned On December 14th I contacted customer service and repeated my story to a Customer Service Rep. I asked if there was anyone that I could speak with to resolve the replacement issue on that telephone call. I was placed on hold for a few minutes and when "Danielle" returned to the call told me that the only method of resolution would be to speak with the mysterious Ms. Evans. Danielle told me she would email Ms. Evans and ask her to contact me. There was no one else in the company that could resolve this issue. At best this company is completely incompetent. Internal emails are ignored and Customer Service Reps each tell a different tale. At worst this company is committing fraud by consistenly deflecting attempts to solve the issue. Word of Warning - do not purchase an extended warranty from Walmart! The company they have contracted with is N.E.W. Customer Services Companies, Inc of Dulles, VA.

Purchased laptop form Walmart ( Acer first mistake) it worked for abourt 6 months. Sent it back via walmart product warranty.

It came back in about a week and never worked same problem, sent it back came back in about a week and worked for about 3 weeks trying to send it back again and having problems with the rep very nasty "stated my computer not covered for replacement?" Third time a charm we will see.

Also, purchased another acer before first one went back now having problems with that. Never buy an Acer and never buy from Walmart!!!

I can't believe that Walmart can pull this stuff off. I have been trying to get them to honor an extended 2 year warranty with no results.

Chicago, Illinois

Internet

I went to activate my prepaid card I got in the mail and went to (walmartmoneycard.com/sticker) and a *** site came up on the screen I have called the main office of walmart and nobody works there no people with a heart beat I've been trying for two hours but I don't think they give a ***.I've been shopping at wal-mart for over 35 years but this is not right put a phone number for people to talk to you about this kind of stuff and maybe people can understand why a computer has to talk for you

Virus's can automatically redirect your web pages...

I'm not sure what you did either but I got the same thing Brian did. If you're talking about a pop up or something like that then your complaint isn't with Walmart. Block that site.

Not sure what you did but I copied and pasted the address you said and it comes up as a walmart moneycard account management site.

View more comments (2)
Washington, District Of Columbia

Wal-mart

This is the a perfect example of why our unemployment rate is so high. All of their merchandise is made in(mostly china)other countrys. So as long as people justify it as-people who dont have the money to pay more at least can buy things they need. NO this only keeps our nations economy down. If made in America means it costs more we would have the jobs to earn the income to pay more. So every time u go and buy anything not made in America u just screwed another man who cant make enough to give his kids the things it needs and or may be teased in school for being the only kid who didn't have something all other kids have. Unite!!!!!! BOYCOT WAL-MART

Sheesh, "All of their merchandise is made in(mostly china)other countrys." Well, no kidding. They don't sell anything that ALL the other stores aren't selling!

EVERYTHING is being made in China, or somewhere like it. Check the computer components you used to write your email!

Your concerns are about 30 years too late! Wake up.

I wish we all could and would. However, we do need to buy the items we need.

I looked for a heater not made in China. Could not find one. Again, corporate greed rules.

Where did they think we would get money to buy products without jobs or pay mortgages?

All that matters is profit. When the wages rise abroad jobs will return here at deflated levels.

Chico, California

Wal-Mart Pharmacy overdosed my Prescription resulting in Permanent Tardive Dyskinesia!

Early in 2008, Wal-Mart Pharmacy in Georgetown, DE double-dosed my prescription for Cymbalta, resulting in what has been diagnosed & confirmed as "Tardive Dyskinesia", a condition which I've been told is most likely permanent. The uncontrollable spasms in my face, eyes, jaw, mouth, lips, tongue & neck have been extremely painful & debilitating. I've been & am currently undergoing several treatments, which, amongst others, includes regular Botox injections around my eyeballs (VERY painful!) to try to minimize the blepharospams which would otherwise result in my effective blindness. The spasms are also causing very painful TMJ, speech problems & extreme pain in my cervical spine. These are not the only problems. I've filed a "MedWatch" report w/ the FDA & am waiting for 1 more medical record from the medical facility which wrote the final prescription. Within the same calendar year, the same Wal-Mart pharmacy also double-dosed 2 other prescriptions, which shows that this wasn't an isolated incident. I have the records, the bottles & soon I'm going to have someone's head!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Product
Walmart Facility

If you do holiday shopping at walmart.com,don't select 97 cent shipping option

it might seem like a good deal at the time but you may not even receive your items before the holidays.i ordered a game from walmart.com by using this method of shipping on december the 3rd,now it's the 18th and it still hasn't been delivered.their customer service is terrible.couldn't talk to a real person,just a recording and when i press 0 on my phone to talk to a customer representative,i get hung up on.can't even track my order on the website they gave me.i think it's called ups mail innovations.
Washington, District Of Columbia

Radio Shack - Walmart

On Radio Shack ad flyer for 12-13-09 they advertised several computers. Radio Shack and walmart both had computers I was interested in. I called several radio shacks in the Greater Houston, TX area and was told there where NO computers (the one I was interested in) in ANY of the Radio Shacks. Excuse me...you have ran a sells flyer and have NONE of the products in any stores in Houston? Radio Shack you can't sell from an empty wagon. I went online and it said that the computer I was inquiring about was "available in stores". What a Joke. So then, I proceded up to my nearest radio shack, and told the counter help. "look I am interested in this computer...but I would like to see it, smell it, touch it before I buy it"! I also told him "I have money in hand if you can get one here"! His only comment was he could get it there in several days. ha ha ha ha ha ha. My comment back was in several days I won't need one. In comes walmart. So I head to my closest walmart. And computer #2 on my selection. They had also ran a sells flyer 12-13-09. Of course, they just sold there last one. BUT I run into either a sales rep. or manager of several walmarts in that area. His name is OSCAR! He wouldn't let me leave. He called every walmart in the area! Finally after about 6 calls, he finds a walmart with several still in stock. 10 mile drive(which is nothing in Hou. tx) and I am looking, feeling, touching and "getting" in a new box is a computer! GOOD JOB WALMART, AND GOOD JOB OSCAR! I like Walmart. And shopping at walmart is scientific. Yes, they are big. Yes, the stores are packed. But it seems they go out of their way to help customers, and they usually have the item I am interested in at some location. Plus everytime I have returned at item (with legal reciept), I have had no problems other than a wait in line. Score walmart 1 big sell and happy customer Radio Shack 0 sells and probably won't look at a flyer again.
Houston, Texas
Walmart Manager

Deliberately bad haircut

On or around 12/4 I got my hair cut at the Wal Mart on 34thSt. S. in St. Petersburg, FL by "Alicia." Alicia told me on my first visit that she would be leaving Walmart and gave me her cell phone number so I could follow her. She cut my hair not exactly as I wanted but close enough that I went back. I should say that I have had cancer and chemo and since my hair grew back in it grows extremely slowly. It took me a year to grow it out 3 inches. When I went back on 12/4 I asked her to change how she cut it in the back. A long argument followed where she claimed repeatedly to not understand what I was saying or try to change it to something else. When I finally made myself clear, she retaliated by cutting 2 of the 3" of hair off my head. I had explained this medical problem to Alicia and told her several times to only trim it lightlly. I have bald spots from the chemo that were completely exposed by this. That weekend people were obviously shocked by my appearance. I was leaving to visit my daughter in NYC the following Monday and while in NY found a very good hair extensions salon that had the skill to add short extensions to what was left of my hair. I was completely devastated by what she did since it had taken so long to grow my hair out enough that it could curl up and cover the bald spaces. I believe she was angry because she wanted to cut my hair as she wanted and not as I wanted, and by the time I realized how short she was cutting it, it was too late to avoid it. Hair extensions are extremely expensive and I really couldn't afford it, but after going through the multiple treatments for cancer and their effects on my hair I couldn't stand to go back to a wig. But those were my choices -- hair extensions or a wig. I think this person should be disciplined in some way. I will certainly never have my hair done at any Wal-Mart, and I did of course tell everyone exactly where my hair got so terribly cut, and that the person who did it knew what I'd been through with my hair and how slowly it grows.

I am sorry about your cancer issues but your complaint is not with Wal Mart. They do not own the salon they just rent the space. You may want to find out who actually owns the salon and complain to them you may get some sort of satifaction.

Saint Petersburg, Florida

Walmart managment stupidity

I went to the "all mighty" Wal-mart, prepared torun off some pictures from my COPYRIGHT RELEADED DISK! They told me they cold not acctpt the disk, after I had printed the pictures, and they need a letter head paper sighned. The manager said they had no way of running the disk in a computer. How do you make these idiots understand the photos came from the dis???? I did not copy the photos, you do not need to run the disk, nor do you need a form...you need and education!!! So this I ask of you, take you phot business elswere, anywhere, but wal-mart!

You need to learn how to SPELL!!!!! So who needs an education?

Saint Louis, Missouri
Walmart Manager

They Lied

I first ask someone at the pharmacy what my meds. would cost is I changed over to their store, I was told about $80.00. I went in with a empty with all the info on it so they can transfer my perscription from another named store to this one. They read the bottle and filled out the perscription infomation onto a fax page to send to my doctor for the transfer, and again I asked the cost of the meds and was told about $80.00. The transfer went thru but I was told the cost was now $117.00, up $37.00. I told the person in charge and they said I had to pay the money. I told them I would have stayed with the other named store because I got it there for $95.00. They called the other store and told me that they would only match their price and not honor what they told me twice. Plus, that they were only going to do it the one time. Now I have to go and get things changed back to the other named store. Wal-Mart lied to me, them the stole from me my not honoring the quote. They acted as if it was my fault. I showed them the empty bottle, they had all the info there. and gave me a price. I had my stepson with me and I told him two things you don't do to someone, you don't lie to them, you don't steal from them, and I told them infront of everyone there, that they did both. This store is on McHenry Ave, Modesto Ca.
Modesto, California