Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Walmart in Washington, District Of Columbia - Buyer Beware

"Buyer Beware!" TracFone owns Straight Talk so what you get for one, you also get for BOTH. If you are looking for a way to spend $200.00 for a phone that turns out to be a total piece of junk, weeks of lost time without service while waiting for your piece of junk to be replaced by yet another piece of junk, absolutely NO customer service representation or straying from the "script" they are trained to follow, then you have found your dream service provider. This has to be the worst company I personally have ever had the misfortune of dealing with. Once my brand new Nokia was in use past there precious 45 day deadline, there was no going back to a new replacement. I had this phone less than a year, and by the Third replacement and months of begging for what I felt I should recieve, which was a New phone given it should have been under a one year warranty from Nokia, I gave up and had to go back to Verizon. This given the fact that the phone's electronics went awry within 45 days out of the box. Do Not, and I can not emphasize the word Not enough here, sign up with either company, or you are asking for one of the most frustrating experiences of your life. They are a "Scripted" customer service department based out of the Philippines, and will not budge from their trained response of ship and replace with refurb. phones. Do yourself a favor and run far and fast before concidering this company. Yes, you may be one of the "lucky One's" and everything will run as smooth as glass...but what if it turns out you aren't, are you willing to take the chance. Food for thought. This is a HIT-and- Run company!!
Review

Walmart in Prescott, Arizona - Purposely sold me an item that they knew was out of stock

I have found many issues with Wal-Mart from the start usually just *** thing like saying they price match the there are like 20 things you have to do to get the matched price. Never being staffed enough and the people they do have, have no idea what the *** they are doing. But this put me over the edge I ordered an item on October 16th by the 18 I had an item at my door but come to find out that it was not the right item. So I called to have it returned and did all the paperwork and sent the idem back on the 18th however even though 3 phone calls later and 2 emails being told the item will be sent to me rushed shipping, I now find out they do not even have that item in stock and cannot send it to me so I get a refund and a cell phone bill out the butt. I hate Wal-Mart I would rather shop any ware else. Sad considering my madden name is Walton what does that say about Wal-Mart

Walmart in Tulsa, Oklahoma - No ! Ruffle Chill & Cheese at my store

Why is it there are No Ruffle Chill & Cheese Chips at the Walmart in Vinita, Ok. I have to go to other Walmart stores to but them , at least 4 bags at a time . I have asked the chip person who brings them to the Walmart store & all i get is the run around , like he dosen't have a clue what i am talking about or they have NEVER bought Ruffle Chill & Cheese to this Walmart store . Oh ! yes they have because i bought some just last week & today i go back to buy some more & THEY ARE ALL GONE . Thank -u Sue Copeland

Walmart...Always poor service

I stopped at the Woodstock IL Super Center after work at 10 PM for two items. Only one cashier open. The customer in line was having problems coming up with the money for the purchase, debit/cash card would not work...they send her to the ATM machine and send the other employee to fetch the keys...at the back of the store...for the register. Cards still yield no money, customer comes back and has to take some purchases off the bill. By now there were 10 people in line and they finally opened a second register! This took between 15 and 20 minutes. I don't know why I continue to deal Walmart, the prices certainly are NOT that good.

I have had so many issues with Customer

Service (fabrics, electronic, deli) even the customer service desk. I have started carrying the Walmart phone number with me and call the manager on my cell phone. The customers around me always get a kick out of it.

Anyone care to bet that Madi35 is one of those butt kissing employees? Madi, you brown noser, really check the prices, don't buy into the propaganda that walmart spews as the truth....think for yourself!

Yes the prices ARE that good and yes you will be back. That is the reality of it....As a cashier, I can tell you that no one feels worse about poor service than MOST of your walmart employees...we are PEOPLE first.

We do not sell our souls to work there, and despite popular opinion your money does not go straight into our pockets. We deal with so many things behind the smile (however forced it may be sometimes) that you have no idea.

At 10 at night in our store it's usually dead. Why pay 10 cashiers to hang around doing nothing in the hopes that someone will mess up, not have funds, create a long line just so you dont have to wait 5 or God forbid 10 mins?

Do you know why Walmart wont do this? TO KEEP YOUR PRICES AS LOW AS THEY CAN BE...oh that's not to say they dont add a little profit in their own pockets as well, but you get my point. As for poor service, were they rude to you? Did you not get what you wanted?

Or is it that you just had to wait in a situation that, well when you get right down to it was customer fault and not really walmart. Under normal circumstances...had the customer had the funds, there would have been hardly any wait at all....so why blame walmart?

We are so lucky -- our WalMart has self service checkouts and they are great.

View more comments (3)
Review
After a 45 minute wait in line at my local Walmart store in Pico Rivera, CA, It was finally my turn to step to the young lady to return an item. As I explained my return she had a "i dont care" type of attitude and didnt say much and threw my money on the counter and...

Ive always said that I think if people want to shop at walmart they must work there for a week out of their life. its ***!

you have NO idea. We get rude customers all day, customers who try and scam you and when you tell them no give you an EXTREMLY hard time. Its ridiculous. Then you have managment, coming up w.

new *** everyday.

Nothing is consistent and going day to day not knowing what the heck could happen is stressful. Also We dont have to tell you our names.

Loss

Walmart hates children

We live in an area where there are not many houses. I had to do some shopping along the way so I took my four year old and seven year old daughters with me. I wanted to take them to a close by neighborhood later on to go trick or treating. I normally go to your store but today I did not need a thing from your store. Since it was closest to the neighborhood I I asked for plastic bags for my children to go trick or treating with. They said they could not give me a plastic bag unless I buy something. So I went and bought a few things which I later returned. You have a three month refund policy. I will return everything that I can which I have bought within the three months which is close to $150. I was a very loyal customer and you could not even give my kids two freaking bags to gather their candy in. Those bags must cost you five cents. Well for ten cents you lost a loyal lifetime customer. You do a lot of charity work which benefits children but I see you only do this to get more business from the community by providing for the community. You don't care about children at all.

Yeah it is a security issue maam nothing to do with cost.. its about shoplifters!

I wouldn't want to use the Walmart bags. They would probably give out.

The OP has modified the original post

They are obviously full of ***

steverock

Most complaints on this site are lame, but if it went down the way the OP tells it, Walmart owes her an apology.

Chances are management probably just read every cashier the riot act about how much bags cost and to "please" do better and stop using so many...and your cashier made a bad call at that time. Me, I woulda handed them over to you...but with an eye out for managment hoping to not get into trouble for it later. It might be 2 bags to you but if management wants to ride my butt over it it's not really worth it to me to screw myself out of a job over giving your kids a free bag or 2.

You really have no idea what a cashier goes through until you are one, trust me.

YOu only spent $150 in Walmart within 3 mos? Man I spend that there at least once a week.

Don't really think Walmart will miss your $150 they are a huge company. Oh and by the way there candy buckets are only $1 so for 8 quarters you could have saved me from having to read this article and type this comment.

walmart is a *** joke. greedy bastards overall. and 51 million is pennys to that company they wipe their *** with that.

Those bags cost Walmart money. Why do you think they should just give them to you?

Is it because you think that your little bundles of joy are so *** precious and they should get anything they want even if it means taking it from somebody else for free? Typical liberal ***.

Why don't you go join the rest of the *** hippies at Occupy Wall Street then? I bet your kids aren't cut either.

I was the employee that refused to give you the bags. Its not against policy or anything like that, nor do I hate all children.

The truth is I hate your children in particular.

Only your children. Every other child I see gets a free bag.

Spend $5 and get your kids a *** bag instead of them carrying around a Wal MArt Bag buy them one of the plastic Jack o Lanterns they can't be that much . If you can't afford one then start saving you plastic bags.

Next time, bring a bag or pillowcase from home, or buy something you'll need soon anyway. They don't give out bags because, besides the cost, people could take them and stick merchandise in them that they haven't paid for.

Wal-Mart does not owe you a free bag.

Just take some out the plastic bag recyle bin at the entrance.

You say only five cents per bag? OK, let's do some math and look at the BIG PICTURE.

If Wal-Mart gives you free bags, then they have to give EVERYBODY free bags. There are 330 million persons in the USA. Say Wal-Mart on average gives each person in the USA two bags per year, that's 660 million bags a year, at a cost of $33 million per year to Wal-Mart. And the cost of the bags would be in addition to the Wal-Mart employee time in dispensing those bags.

If each bag dispensing uses up ten seconds of the Wal-Mart employee's time, at say $10 per hour, the added labor cost would be an additional expense of $18.3 million per year for a grand total of $51.3 million cost per year to Wal-Mart. And that's just in the USA. But Wal-Mart would just pass on that cost to their customers in the form of higher prices.

I don't know that planet you are on to conclude that Wal-Mart hates children because they have a "no free bags" policy.

There is no sympathy here for members of the "gimme-gimme-gimme" army who whine that they didn't get any free stuff today. :cry

DeeMarieGK

I lived out in the country too but I had to travel to shop, but there were Family Dollars and Dollar Trees everywhere, and they are popping up everywhere NATIONWIDE.

Pick one up off of the ground. They are everywhere.

What else do you get for free? Cheese? Medical? Prescriptions? WIC?

Use a backpack, your purse, a sock or a hat, try using any sort of this or that,

then you can wipe away of your boohoo's

little miss pissed off at walmart whoo.

I can't believe you got upset over something like this. I am afraid to know what happens if one of your daughters make a mistake. Grow up!

View more comments (15)
Review
#271930 Review #271930 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Hi, A couple days ago I went into walmart with a pedock. (A pedock is a slip of paper used as money for buy what ever is listed given by social worker.) Anyway, the pedock was listed for $200.00 of groceries. After getting all the things I needed I took $200.00 worth...

It's entirely possible the manager spoke with the cashier about the incident once she was no longer on the register, attending to other customers. They are supposed to avoid 'dressing down' an employee in front of customers whenever possible as it can often make the customer feel anxious or nervous, so instead they're supposed to pull the cashier into the office later to talk about the problem and whatnot.

Hopefully, that's what happened here so the cashier won't make the same mistake a second time.

Review
October 29, 2011 I walked in with a portable battery charger that was less than 30 days old. I had the receipt and nice box and instructions already for refund. I was nice and polite and asked for a refund. One of the employees at Clearlake,ca O'Reilly store was...
Review
I purchased two costumes for my 5 year old daughter; child size 4-6. First costume was a fiber optic witch outfit. The costume that was in the package was a very inappropriate "sexy" ADULT witch costume. I had to travel back to the store to exchange the costume for...
steverock

You should tell your daughter to stop being such a tease.

Walmart in Norfolk, Virginia - Pissed at Wal-Mart

Went to my local Wal-Mart today to grocery shop and decided to go to the toy department to check on a item that is very difficult to find for my granddaughter for Christmas..Lite Sprites. I have hd a hard time finding them months ago and did get the main one for $30.00. There are 4 more that I wanted to find and I did find them in Wamart..ALL 4!!! They are $14.87 each, I went to layawy and they tell me that each item has to be $15.00 ..well, with taxes it IS OVER $15.00 each..I even went to the store manager and she was not helpful either. I think this is ridiculous that Walmart is not willing to help the customer and work with the cutomer..we are still in a recesion and things are very tough out here..Very angry over this!!

Not only can they not make exceptions for one without making exceptions for everyone else, as Bex said, but more often than not the register/system is set up to not even allow purchases below the $15 (before taxes) to be scanned into the layaway system.

Things like that might have to be before taxes (they should have explained that to you). And they have to keep up with the policy. If they let this slide, they will have to do the same for the others.

View more comments (1)