Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show
I purchased two costumes for my 5 year old daughter; child size 4-6. First costume was a fiber optic witch outfit. The costume that was in the package was a very inappropriate "sexy" ADULT witch costume. I had to travel back to the store to exchange the costume for...
steverock

You should tell your daughter to stop being such a tease.

Walmart in Norfolk, Virginia - Pissed at Wal-Mart

Went to my local Wal-Mart today to grocery shop and decided to go to the toy department to check on a item that is very difficult to find for my granddaughter for Christmas..Lite Sprites. I have hd a hard time finding them months ago and did get the main one for $30.00. There are 4 more that I wanted to find and I did find them in Wamart..ALL 4!!! They are $14.87 each, I went to layawy and they tell me that each item has to be $15.00 ..well, with taxes it IS OVER $15.00 each..I even went to the store manager and she was not helpful either. I think this is ridiculous that Walmart is not willing to help the customer and work with the cutomer..we are still in a recesion and things are very tough out here..Very angry over this!!

Not only can they not make exceptions for one without making exceptions for everyone else, as Bex said, but more often than not the register/system is set up to not even allow purchases below the $15 (before taxes) to be scanned into the layaway system.

Things like that might have to be before taxes (they should have explained that to you). And they have to keep up with the policy. If they let this slide, they will have to do the same for the others.

View more comments (1)

Walmart in Apollo, Pennsylvania - Won't Hire My Son

Try phoning in after applying for a job. I'm talking about someone who needs a job ASAP! Customer service told me that Walmart keeps applications on file for 6 months and will call when they are hiring...AND that all companies do the same. That is complete BS!! I asked to speak with the person in charge of hiring. When told the people in charge of hiring were in a meeting I said, fine, when my son comes in to talk to this person, who does he talk to and where does he find them? She said he has to make an appointment to talk to them. I said that's fine, when he comes in to make an appointment, where does he do this. She said, come to the back of the store in the layaway area and she herself would page the person to speak with me. The fact is, I don't like being snappy, but I had to in order to find out how to even speak with someone to find out if there is a remote possibility of my son being hired. My telephone conversation with her was after several attempts by my son to find out from customer service at the Walmart store, who to talk to about a job, since he had submitted his application and resume several days ago. The lady I spoke with was incredibly rude to me. It's a wonder Walmart has any employees and customers for that matter!!!!!

You shoulda tried repeatedly slapping the hr manager untill he was hired. It literrly might have been more effective

Can't the "little boy" get a job by himself without his mama making a stink. No one wants to hire a person who has their mommy doing things for them. WAAAAAAAAA....mommy, they won't call me back re: my application..

Wait till this little guy tries to get a real job...ha,ha, :cry

It is all about being "Empowered to be Entitled. There thousands of folks willing to work the process to be hired. Does mama and little "Snookems", understand that the world does not revolve around them.

"Another angry parent," you had me at "My son.." :grin

smedrik

Your son is not entitled to a job and the response that they are not hiring at the moment and will keep his application on file should be sufficient.

As an employer if I had a parent calling me, getting "snappy" and being pushy about her child's application I would not under any circumstance hire him. What this tells me as an employer is that your son is not mature enough to navigate the application process independently. If a person cannot even navigate applying for a job on their own, why would I expect them to be able to do a job on their own?

It took me several years, before they hired me. And I was shocked when they did.

How about the fact that the store probably receives 50 applicants or more every single day, do you think they can hire everyone that puts in an application. As a manager and person who hires potential employees, if I see mommy with an applicant, they are not getting hired.

As an employer, I would not hire him if he could not handle things himself. Mommy, you just embarrassed your son on the internet and to Walmart.

Would you pack his lunch for him too?

Maybe, call the store during his break to see if he is ok or if he needs anything? Make sure he ties his shoes!

First of All it sounds like you are a little bit hostile that might be one of the reason why you did not get the Job and Second of All I know Some Wal-Mart employees that Wal-Mart was their first job, So they don't just go by that.

RE: walmart employee

How exactly "do you "QUALIFY" working for walmart, especially if it is your first job? or even second?

where do you get qualifications from? where do they begin and where do they end? Does walmart ever hire any inexperienced people? isn't that how people start many of their first job/s with inexperience?

Isn't that why they are supposed to provide employee training?

of course it is easier for them to hire someone with a little more experience or training but it does not mean they should discriminate with it! especially when their application "do not say" "previous experince a must"...hmmmm

Walmart gave me the runaround for years, I have had a few interviews where they try to say I contradicted my statements in their "testy" hiring process where they say these tests have no baring on your hiring or job-worthiness.."BS", (NUMEROUS APPLICATIONS IN 3 DIFFERENT STATES OVER 10 YEARS)2 different 2 part interviews, 2 different states even, both gave me the same line of which basically is a legal form of discrimination, they did exactly they were not supposed to do which is use their little "testy-test" to determine whether or not you were going to be hired, document their findings it and use it against you, in which their findings are completely unfound and unproven to begin with and are soley a basis of personal opinion. They make a completely asenine and lenghthy process of application and "so-called testing" to see whether or not you will actually stick around long enough to remain interested and under remote peer pressure, "THEY PSYCHO-ANALYZED ME", "SHOVED MY MORAL REGAURDS ASIDE", "TRIED TO TELL ME WHAT "I" SHOULD THINK", LIKE I WAS A SUB-HUMAN AND IF I DIDN'T MENTALLY FIT INTO THEIR PROGRAM I DID NOT GET TO WORK THERE.

SO BASICALLY THEY WANT "CONFORMIST" WORKING FOR THEM, THIS IS WHAT THEIR TESTING REVEALS, IF YOU SAY YOU WILL RAT SOMEONE BECAUSE THEY WERE STEALING, NO ONE TOLD YOU TO DO IT, YOU DID IT ON YOUR OWN REGAURD EVEN IF IT WAS THE RIGHT THING TO DO, THEY DON'T WANT YOU TO THINK THAT WAY IN THEIR STORE, THEY DON'T WANT YOU TO BE A "MORAL CHALLENGER" BECAUSE WHEN WALMART OPERATES IN MAKING THEIR DEALS THEY BREAK SO MANY MORALS OBTAINING THEM THAT THEY HAVE LITERALLY BROKEN THE MORAL CODE OF ETHICS TO BRING IT'S CONSUMERS EVERYDAY LOW PRICES, THEY WANT ROBOTS TO STOCK SHELVES NOT BRAINS.

WHEN THEY GET A SHIPMENT OF HANDTOWELS THAT ARE MADE IN PAKISTAN OR AFGHANISTAN AND A STOCK PERSON FEELS LIKE THAT IT'S A SUPPORT OF TERRORISM, THEY DON'T CARE IF THE CONSUMERS THINK WHETHER IT IS OR IT ISN'T , THEY JUST WANT THOSE *** HANDTOWELS ON THE SHELF! THE LAST THING THEY WANT IS AN EMPLOYEE DROPPING OFF BECAUSE OF MORAL AND ETHICAL EFFICACY, GOD FORBID!

Honest4Sure

Dear OP, To spend the time putting a post such as this for the world to see - do you enjoy humiliating yourself? Where is the logic that if you put an application in you are owed a job.

Get real. Drive your son to an interview and stay in the f----g car.

As soon as a Manager sees a mother(f) - that is a red light the size of Mars to NOT HIRE. Wake up.

OMG ARE YOU FOR REAL? YOU PUT HIS APP IN FOR HIM AND THEN WAITED A WHOLE 3 DAYS AND THEY DID NOT HIRE HIM.

THAT RIGHT THERE IS WORTH YOUR LAWYER!!! HA HA HA YOU ARE NUTS. YOU ARE GOING TO THE ONLY BIG BOX STORE IN YOUR LOW LIFE TOWN AND TRYING TO SUE FOR SOMETHING THAT YOU HAVE NO RIGHT IN GETTING.

NEWS FLASH, PEOPLE CAN HIRE YOU OR NOT HIRE YOU AT THEIR DISCRETION. GOOD LUCK FINDING A LAWYER THAT WILL TAKE THIS CASE FOR FREE, BECAUSE OBVIOUSLY WITH YOUR IDIOTIC POSTS YOU ARE EXTREMELY UN EDUCATED AND POOR.

Wow lady. A little in his business are we? hes an idea, why dont you pop your *** out of his mouth and stop babying him.

first off. the store cant give you any information about WHY your son wasnt hired.

its private information. second... why are you calling the store to begin with.. as a store manager i would never never never talk with you..

it has nothing to do with you..

where is this lazy son of yours ?? he can go in there and find out for himself..

The Diary of a Wimpy Kid :sigh :sigh

Okay now you have went to far as to make fun of the mental handicapped people, They have the same right as your son to have a job, Sounds like you have a case of the sour grapes to me get over it and both you and your son need to do a little bit of Growing Up.

@Walmart Employee

You should not be talking at all. Walmart *** you say that you are an equel hiring employer but in the end just a couple days ago I had my interview and they said come back when we pick you and give you a call.

A few days later I put in a Gamestop application talked to the employer and this is an at will hire comany too. Told him I need a job and just that alone was enough to show remorse for my situation. I start next month in beginning or mid of October. So how is it hard to get a job.

You know why, cause you *** make all the people you interview go through such a *** hassle of a process and if it were up to me I would have already shut down all walmarts across america and send all of them to *** china.Not only do you guys have low prices but you treat all your employees low and because of this you are a cruel, emortionly abuseive, and dishonest bunch, and it sickens me. How can any one of you go to sleep at night knowing that youhurt so many people everday. Heres my ultimatem you should have hired the ladys son because we live in america not some 3rd world country. What happened to america is it gone so much that everyone lost the ability to care for others or all you *** trained to be ***.

Cause you know what I aint whining im pissed. And guess what if half italian and my descendents found and made your country lil old US and when I see something I dont like I burst. You and Your Walmart and all Walmarts are the biggest bunch of *** *** punk *** *** sucking *** *** brain washing greedy grubing *** holes and dont respect anyone except yourselves. And for that you all can *** SATANS *** *** IN THE FIERY PITS OF *** AND GET BONED BY HIS DEMONS WHILE YOU *** BLOW HIM.

THERE IS NO EXCUSE TO NOT *** HIRE YOU ARE *** THATS THE EXCUSE. YOU WANT PEOPLE TO SLAVE AWAY FOR YOU *** AND THEN KICK THEM TO THE CURB LIKE *** DOGS. YOU WANT CONTROL OVER ALL OF THEM. WELL THERES NO SUCH THING.

IF WE DIDN'T LIVE IN AMERICA YOU WOULD HAVE BEEN SENTENCED TO DIE ALREADY, WHAT THIS COUNTRY TOLERATES OTHERS DON'T. AND YOU ALL *** ARE GREAT EXAMPLES OF TAKING ADVANTAGE OF THAT FREEDOM. YOU ARE THE BIGGEST BUNCH OF *** TYRANTS AND DONT DESERVE TO *** LIVE. YOU ALL DESERVE TO JUST *** DIE AND GET BONED BY THE DEVIL WITH HIS *** *** UP ALL YOUR ***, SO *** YOU, *** ALL OF YOU *** ***.

CASE CLOSED WHAT YOU *** DID WAS WRONG.

I am the first in the WORLD to jump on the bandwagon when it comes to trashing walmart...but I have to say in their defense..

Nobody OWES your son a job. Just because he ASKED for it..doesn't mean he's going to get it. Please keep in mind..when you ASK for something, "NO" is an option.

I agree with whaaaa whaaaa. You shouldn't be calling for your lazy *** son who will probably never be able to hold a job.

My guess is he's still living at home, sleeps late, parties late and eats your food. Maybe YOU should have raised him better.

First of all lady when you call and ask about any recent Applications put in they Will call people back who QUALIFY! get over it and not all Companies who hire people like when people call and bug them besides quit babying your son Walmart likes associates that can do things on their own not one that needs their mommy!

@Walmart Employee

BULLLSHIT, YOU ARE THE BIGGEST *** IN THE WORLD

No offense to anonymous. But looking at the employees of Wal-Mart, perhaps she did need to follow up for son!

After becoming disabled, I was no longer able to run my business of swimwear design and manufacturing. So, I filled out an application and made several call backs and I was unable to speak to anyone (I kept getting the run-around) and I NEVER even got an interview. In retrospect, it was probably a blessing.

Hope this helps you Anonymous! :)

Sounds like this woman expects her son to be hired just because he walked in the door. Given her statements it appears that if they did hire him they would be dealing with her constantly with any complaint her son might have.

Why can't your son call them follow up with them himself? Maaaaybe this is why they are not hiring him...do you cut his meat for him too? :cry :cry :cry :cry

@whaaaa whaaaa

*** OFF, GET A LIFE, AND LEAVE THE LADY ALONE, YOUR NO BETTER *** HEAD.

I think the fact that your son can't fight his own battle is proof positive that he consistently sets low standards for himself and then fails to achieve them.

@LabGuy

*** OFF, GET A LIFE, AND LEAVE THE LADY ALONE, YOUR NO BETTER *** HEAD.

View more comments (27)
Walmart - Beware of Wal Mart oil change
Oil change at WAL-MART resulted in engine plug falling out September 30, 2011, locking up my engine. Towed to 2 shops that verified it was a WALMART problem. WALMART would not honor the claim even though we had bills, towing and AES (Automotive Excellence...

Why would anyone go to walmart for auto work? Common sense!

Have you ever tried to hold an intelligent conversation with a walmart employee?

Who is a fault? The walmart worker, or the id1ot that allows walmart to work on their car?

Review
I just happened to be in my local Walmart earlier this evening and saw a disturbing sight. Some of the associates were in Halloween costumes. I thought you had to be 18 and older to work at Walmart. I didn't know they hired children. The cashier I had tonight had a ...

What kind of liberal *** posted this complaint? Nobody is throwing any holiday down your throat, they are just having fun.

If you don't celebrate halloween, that is fine, if you don't celebrate christmas, that is fine too, just because other people do does not mean they are shoving it in your face. Get a **** life.

Review

Walmart in Mankato, Minnesota - Manager calling an associate on the carpet while customers in the area.

While shopping in the Ottawa,Illinois store Friday Oct.21, 2011, around noon or a little after I was shopping in the fabric department and a manager came up and started talking to the associate about not punching out for lunch and was written up. I thought it totally inappropriate and felt sorry for the associate. She was trying to defend herself and explain what had happened. While still in the department another associate came and told the lady that she had to go and sign the paper and then the second associate would have to do the same. I was just finishing up my transaction and thought it was sad that these ladies felt the need to rush off to sign the paper for the manager or whoever it was that called them on the carpet. How embarrassing for the associates. Never have I seen that kind of conduct in Walmart before. I left with a different feeling toward the store and kind of sorry for the employees if this is common practice.

oops!!! no right!!

a manager has no right! I got carried away :P

I would hope that it certainly NOT commonplace! A manager has to right to embarass an employee in front of the customers like that!

If I were that employee, I would go over the department head, clear up to Corperate. Shame on that manager, she should be repremanaded!

View more comments (1)
Review

Walmart in Plattsburgh, New York - Tech refused to help in a emergancy situtation

i was traveling 400 miles from home on a emergancy situtation. My left front tire started leaking air throught the valve. I went to the walmart tire center and asked them to fix the valve and replace the tire with one I had and the tech and manager refused because all my tires were bad but I had bought a new set and was waiting on them to be delivered. The condition of my tires had nothing to do with the emergency situtation i was having. I now have to drive 400 miles home on a tire that is leaking air. I did not ask anyone to replace or touch the other tires it was just the one. I was here in malone on a emergancy situtation and I should not get treated with tons of disrespect because I was driving on bad tires. I am very upset at this situtation and will never go back to your store for any auto work and I will be letting everyone I know not to go there either.

A can of Fix-A-Flat would have done wonders and not put Wal-Mart in a liability situation.

Quit thinking with your dipstick.....

Was it an emergency situtation?

A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency.

nikalseyn

As bad as WalMart can be in the customer service area, the guys in the auto center probably did the right thing in refusing to touch a bad tyre. They cannot afford the liability to do so.

You should not be driving on bad tyres anyway. You are a danger to the rest of us responsible drivers.

View more comments (3)
Review
Hello ya'll i have found that when you look at a profile look for an OC symbol is yellow somewhere around picture, this denotes the profile is computer generated. in two weeks i recieved 43 e-mails from women and everyone is a fake, DO NOY PAY, i was lucky enough...

Tasha, I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings. I did not know you were a child.

I only post under my name though, and besides, I'm a chick.

Review
You are loosing my business because of less that a five dollar problem. We have spent around 1000.00 dollars a month at Walmart drug for the past five years. This will not happen any more because Walmart employees cant understand that a person taking four shots per day...
MattD78

No retail store will split up a box of anything. I can't go into Publix and ask to purchase only 7 of the popsicles in a box of 20. Retail packages/pricing don't work that way.

Walmart's Participation In Slander

I've been checking out the Walmart complaints lately, and I've noticed that almost ALL of them have comments written right after, claiming to have been posted by the OP as an after thought. Now let me explain something I learned recently. Apparently, some companies will hire people to go online and say good things about them. You know, give positive reviews certain places, just hype them up in general. Usually, this is done under the guise of being a consumer. These employees also defend the company to negative online posts. After reading a bunch of legit complaints, followed by an "afterthought" comment of the "OP", saying things like really they were drunk so that's what they REMEMBER happening, or that really they were trying to scam Walmart, but how could Walmart know? I think it's pretty clear what is going on. One of these online make-Walmart-look-good people is pretending to be these posters and making up things to make their complaints look uncredible, and make the OPs look like fools. I do not think this is ethical, or even legal. I think it's rather disgusting and sneaky as well, and not the behavior of an honest company. Take a look for yourself. Someone even caught that happening, and wrote another comment saying the absurd one's weren't them, but the original post was.

Whoops - add Lowes to the list, too. Man, that CHILD gets around.

Right. This "little girl, Tasha" is a busy little girl.

Check out some of the sites this "child" has been busy working on:

PetLand, Gold's Gym, Safeway Insurance, Smart Sytle, Winn Dixie, Central Transport, Public, Sam's Club, LA Fitness, Macy's, Page Plus Cellular, Target, J.C.Penney, KMart, Sonic, Walgreens, Kaplan University, Taco Bell, McDonalds, Big Lots, Simmons Beautyrest Mattresses, Dominos Pizza, Walmart, Wendy's, Ace Cash Express, Rite Aid, and Majic Jack.

That's just a few I found in a cursory review. Imaging what's not so quickly located.

I'm not sure that Walmart is the perpetrator here. I firmly believe that the controversy benefits Pissedconsumer.com.

Looking around, I have clearly seen that Tasha posts to more sties than a full time employee can do in an eight hour day's work. I don't believe that she is a fourteen year old child because I have continually seen messages containing negative, insulting and accusatory remarks about the OP and other posters, only to fall back on an "innocence" claim that she is only a kid. If she indeed were fourteen, there would be no humanly way possible to skip from site to site with her remarks. I don't believe she is a child, I don't believe she is not employed, and I don't believe that she is necessarily a female.

I believe that this matter should be investigated, too. There is absolutely no way a few children can commandeer an entire website like these children claim they do.

Well thank you Hi, and in support, I appreciate your support. Haha, I'm glad you were able to hold your ground, Hi.

Anyone reading this one can find a prime example of such activity in my complaint/comment thread "I Called The Cops On Walmart. And Won! Sorta.." Read backwards (from the beginning) and watch how I terrorize teh little mites...contains a belly laugh or two and is quite entertaining...Its number 2 on Hot Topics so you know it good...:)

Don't be discouraged...many posters, I believe, post a complaint and then when harassed hit the "panic" button e.g. the report button...I'm sure that if posters stay within the "rules" there is not much PC can do and the complainant gets discouraged, their complaint is trashed, and away they go never to be heard from again...In my case the little punks ran into a superior intellect, got trashed and shredded into little bitty pixels and then ran away like the children they are....

You're probably right, I don't know why I bother replying at all. I suppose it's unrealistic to expect reasoning and logic to actually mean something to anyone. (Not being sarcastic, just saying it like it is...)

@I think- Yes, I am an adult. I am also replying to the countless people who are missing the point/misconstruing what I'm saying/ insulting my intelligence.

So are you though, so I don't really get your point.

If I am stooping to their level, which is a far cry from what is actually happening, I would certainly say you are as well.

I would like for people to actually consider what I'm saying, because I think it confuses a lot of people when an OP has a legit complaint, and then it's followed up with the "OP" saying oh actually they were scamming the company anyway. I don't think one person actually got the gist of my post....

Kevin - I am well aware you are a different Kevin, and never claimed you were the same one. I don't get what your point is.

I'm talking about someone who claimed they were the OP on something and typed the same first and last name as the OP... wtf are you trying to say?

Tasha- How do I not know how to read? Do you mean I don't know how to write? I don't understand what would make you think I can't read, since you posted that before I'd replied to anything in this thread...

Oh, and btw Kevin I think maybe your retarded, because I never thought I was being slandered, so Idk how your pulling that out of your... mouth.

And I never mistook you for any other Kevin or anything. Did you even read the post? I mean seriously, I feel like you read the title and then just started typing random ***.

Tasha: Not even going to lie, you aren't being coherent or following a reasonable logical chain of thought, so I'm not really sure what your saying other than something insulting.

And I have never worked for Walmart. I actually like Walmart fine.

I actually did put SK in the name field, yeah, it was me. And ok fine, maybe it's not illegal I don't know the rules on that sort of thing, but I do know since the internet came out they've been making up all kinds of new rules for that, so I don't think it makes me a 9th grader to suggest it. And obviously, even if it was illegal, no one would do anything about it, I'm not ***. I just thought it was worth saying.

A lot of people seem to think people that post after claiming to be the OP, and saying ridiculous things are actually the OP. I thought that merited clearing up. Am I wrong here?

Maybe it is just some kids, but I was looking at Meijer posts too, and didn't see much of the same so.

To everyone that is acting like the mere idea of this happening is absurd: do some googling, it's not uncommon AT ALL for companies to do that. It's more companies like Lia Sophia or whatever, but it totally happens. So, Idk how old you are if the idea of that happening makes me 5....

Btw, this was my first comment on this post, any others are not by me.

Lol...he's talking about people going to posts and attempting to discredit them...it's obviously happening...you happen to be one of those people....didn't say you were paid...with YOUR level of discourse I doubt they would even allow you to pay them...the fact remains that people like you ARE attempting to discredit legitimate complaints...why doesn't matter and doesn't take away from the fact that it IS happening...and in my case...you lost to a superior intellect...as has "kevin"...so I beg both of you...please come back to my original complaint so that I may ferociously spank you yet again...:)

You said this...

"I can stoop to their level and claim they were fired, a disgruntled employee, or are making the company look bad because they were shoplifting, but I am older than ten and won't stoop to her childish level."

On my complaint you said I was a disgruntled employee...what's your problem? Not "old" enough to remember your last post my illiterate child?...

Good post but perhaps a bit of an over-reaction...same thing happened on my complaint...somebody came on calling people names and generally acting like a fool as if it was me saying it...sounds like kids because any paid writer could do a much job of discrediting the complaints....I see this Tasha person here in a THIRD Walmart thread posting "her" usual nonsense as well....

This is simply not true. Most of the follow-up posts regarding foolish people trying to blame Walmart for their own problems are nothing to do with Walmart.

Follow-up posts by the OP are rare and invariably defending their original writing. Read what I have said before and know that I do not work for Walmart -- don't even go there often.

View more comments (15)