Walmart Reviews

Show reviews that mention
store customer service customer service money order people manager card items
Filter review
- walmart said i was shop liftting and i went to jail Current mood: angry Category: Web, HTML, Tech look it started about a year ago , i was gettin my 1st set of tiers and i went smat i thought . well i paid 345.00 for a set from walmart and the put the wrong ones...

View more comments
Oxford, New Jersey
Loss

Wal_Mart Strikes Again!

Ok, so Walmart (or as I call them "Mal-Mart" as in evil) sends out a widespread advertising flyer getting kids all over our town all excited about a give-away event for the coveted Littlest Pet Shop product, apparel, and collaterals. The flyer says "To find the Wal-Mart store featuring a Littlest Pet Shop Pajama Rama party in your neighborhood, visit www.walmat.com." This should have been my first warning . . . this is not for the kids - and there will be one event held in Okebogee Iowa just so they don't get in dutch with the law. I went to the site and there is NO mention of this event ANYWHERE. I do a google search, a DogPile Search, a number of searches with more obscure search engines . . .NOTHING. I do a zip code search on the Mal-Mart site for stores in my local area and begin calling. There is not a Wal-Mart employee on the face of the planet (much less in Dallas, TX) that knows anything about this event . . . however they indicate that they have had hundreds of calls similar to mine . . . parents with hopeful children listening in . . . and just recommend driving around to stores at the appointed time of 10:00 am to see if the event is taking place there. I am thinking - this is not Six-Sigma . . . it is beyond stupidity . . . then it hits me . . . it is real and true seditious, un-American malevolent marketing. I am thinking . . .it is time to begin shoppping Target and Costco! You might say - hey it is a toy - get over it. But I say to you, you do not understand what it takes to explain to a kid that I don't know how to get them to this event they have been looking forward to for a week . . . when they have posted the advertizing flyer like the picture of a loved one in their bed room. But beyond that if they are doing this to our kids . . . what are they doing to us . . . in skewed pricing (have you ever noticed the deceptive number of Walmart skrink-wrapped "package deals" that have a unit cost greater than the single unit price? More is not always less with them!), marketing and the constant blaring of those ever present screens that hand from the ceiling . . . I am glad their numbers are down . . .perhaps it is time for them to go down for good.
Dallas, Texas

Eastway Walmart Pharmacy employees Rude & Unprofessional

I will never ever visit the Walmart pharmacy on Eastway in Charlotte, NC again. Thay have a bunch of rude unprofessional and untrained employees. All are always in a bad mood, speaking to customers in a very rude manner and it also takes at least 2 hours to get a prescription filled and it's even longer to get it transferred to another pharmacy. Good prices good deals is not worth it. I choose where I want to spend my money and Walmart will never get another dime. Walmart, get a training program for dealing with the public or you will be the loser in the end. The public is your business and the untrained and ignorant employees you have will make you lose it.
#11975

Walmart is not what it used to be Yesterday I went to Walmart and I was going to buy 1/2 watermelon I asked the man to cut it for me and he did, but he thought I just wanted it cut and was going to buy both halves I told him all I wanted was one half of the watermelon he said that I would have to ask the manager if he could sell me just half of it (mind you it is already cut) the manager said no that I would have to buy both halves or just one half and he wd charge me for full price. He then said that he will have to throw the watermelon out because they are not supposed to cut anything he said that he could not sell it to me he is going to throw it out because it was cut.

I asked him if he would rather throw it out than to sell it he said yes. So I guess he threw it out, That is such a shame for a big company like WalMart would rather throw something out than to sell it or give it away

Greensboro, North Carolina

Walmart cashier-rotten attitude

I purchase alot of item's from walmart, food, and etc.- Dosen't Walmart screen their employees, before hiring? i couldn't even ask the girl a ?, as all she did was slam my groveries around while *** at 2 other Walmart employees-It's *** that one has to be trweated like this, when they are a customer- I was asking for change, when she so rudely slammed the register door, and couldn't give me change- If she'd been decent, she'd have cared about me , anfd other's as a customer-She should have been fired on the spot!There are other places I can shop!

I cashier all the time at Wal-Mart and if you are rude for no reason at all then you should get fired. I do understand that is hard to be nice to a customer when they're making you nervous by being rude theirself but you still have to be nice and try to understand them.

Yes, we do need their money. If we don't get any customers in the store then guess what, we don't have money.

If you don't work in a department and you don't know about it, then it's kind of hard to help someone when they ask about it.... Which is why you find the employee that works in that department to help that customer in a more positive way. But if a customer is just asking where something is at then it's not that difficult to help them. But by all means, you should not ignore that customer.

But that doesn't mean that the customer should be rude for no reason at all. Not all of us are ignorant and rude. Maybe someone should go to where you (Truth) work and start making false judgments on every employee that works in your area?

I shop at wal mart weekly. It's true...most of the employees could care less about the consumer.

You are lucky to get a pleasant cashier. If you get someone to help you inside the store..you are extra lucky! haha. I shop there for only one reason....I get more for my money.

As far as the employees...if they give me ***, I give them double. As far as I'm concerned.. I am the reason they have that job and its THEIR job to give me a pleasant experience..not the other way around. I have been treated with disrespect several times because the employee is busy doing something, or they have a headache.....they didnt get their break yet.

I love the line....."I dont work in this department". Ever ask an employee to help you find something? Thats the comeback line...I believe it's part of the training they receive!

lol. Okay, well i will keep shopping at Walmart to save money and lucky for me, I know wich cashiers are nice and wich ones are total ***.

It is obvious that the person that wrote this letter lacks education truth be told. I bet they dropped out of fifth grade.

Most cashiers are pleasent. I don't run into rude cashiers that often. I do remember one *** though which I wont get into but yeah overall I don't got much complaints.

#20228

go somewhere else then. WE cannot give you change because of the whole short change thing.

It is a policy atleast in my store. You have to go to customer service.

Quit being so selfish and only thinking about your self. PS I usually don't follow the policy based on my own judgement if you seem like an a ss I wont do it.

I work for Walmart too. I am pursuing an education as a computer information scientist.

We are very capable of producing quality work and an attitude. Many of us are not ignorant everyday people. We are people who have high goals of accomplishing something higher in life.

This holds true for all of use. Thanks for your prejudiced and probably racist information

@ Truth be told. Honestly I'm sick of people treating all cashiers like there isn't a decent one around.

I have an EDUCATION and WORKED at Walmart. I was always pleasent with my customers and I had plenty of them that gave me attitude for no reason.

Its best that you don't treat cashiers like their at the bottom of the totem pole. With the way this economy is going you never know when YOU might be wearing a blue vest.

Truth, your comment is quite rude. There are some very good cashiers out in this world, quit assuming every cashier is some ignorant careless fool who goes in for their paycheck. There are cashiers who go out of their way to help me, and I don't even ask them to do it, I wish there was more people who commend these great cashiers, instead of stereotyping them with ignorant cashiers.

Cashiers- are truly lacking the respect toward the consumers! It's not the consumers fault that they have to work there when they are old.

Dont take it out on other people because of the hand you were given. And the comment above written by cashier* It's obvious that you lack some serious education- based on your lack of understanding and grammer.

I;m sorry you are the victimS* but I dont need to put up with *** from these cashiers especially on such a local level. Because I too share the same area by living next door to these stores

View more comments (12)
Newburgh, New York

Racism

While shopping at Wal-Mart in Selma, Alabama I noticed a section in the movie department titled “Voices of Color”. It made it wondered what kind reaction Wal-Mart would receive if it had a section dedicated to “White Americans” or something to that nature. I guarantee you that it a situation the Wal-Mart Corporation will never face. What ever happened to equal rights? Creating a separate section based upon color is flat out racism. However, for some reason, our society chooses not to look at it as racism, unless it is against the African American decent. As a White Female American, I view this as nothing less than racism. It is racism against the White Americans as well as the African Americans. Please tell me why it is okay to have a section dedicated to African Americans and not White Americans. I am not asking for Wal-Mart to have a section title “Voices of the White Man” or nothing to that nature. I am asking that there are no sections in Wal-Mart separated by ones color of their skin.
Alexandria, Virginia

RUDE STORE MANAGER

On Jan. 12, 2008 my husband and I went to the Walmart in Northport, Alabama. We noticed a long line on all the lanes so my husband called the store manager to make them aware of the situation .. The manager rudely said that all available cashiers were on the registers..... The manager rudely said that there were no available cashiers... Long lines to checkout is the same situation each time we go... My husband told the manager that our choice for grocery shopping will be different option other than Walmart... Obviously walmart no longer cares for the right attitude from its employees... Customer service is highly important in todays world... If you have the "wrong attitude" and "not" willing to be a customer service heart employee then you should get another job!

HERE WE GO AGAIN HILL BILLIES FROM ALABAMA! SO YOU FINALLY GOT A WALMART DOWN YONDER HUH?

YOU WANT THE GHETTO PRICES WITH CHAMPANGE SERVICES HUH? WELL LET ME TELL YOU SOME THING MR. FOXWORTHY IT JUST AIN'T HAPPENING, NOPE! LOOK LARRY THE CABLE GUY YOU AND YOUR WIFEY CAN MOSEY ON OVER TO YOUR OLD COUNTRY STORE AND GET THE SERVICE YOU WANT.

WAIT ONE MINUTE! IF YOU WERE GETTING THE SERVICE YOU WANTED AT THE COUNTRY STORE YOU WOULDN'T BE AT WALMART IN THE FIRST PLACE WOULD YA ? STOP YUR YAPPING BEFORE WE SEND CARLOS MENCIA TO STRAIGHTEN YOU OUT. I THOUGHT YOU HILL BILLES LIKED ROAD KILL?

WHAT SHA DIONG AT WALMART?

THE RUDE MANAGER AT WALMART DOES NOT WANT YOUR ORNERY SELF THERE, DON'T YOU GET IT? THEY MAKE MILLIONS A DAY, THEY WON'T MISS THE TWO BITS YOU SPEND WHEN YOU VISIT...

Yeah, yeah, you're not satisfied but you keep shopping there. How was he being rude anyways?

You don't know anything about his job and what it's like to deal with costumers like you with such complaints all day.

If you don't want to deal with the long lines, get there early in the morning or go elsewhere. That's all I can tell you.

People look at the amount of sales and say Walmart makes this much money.You shop there because It is the ABSOLUTE lowest prices.This comes at a price..Which is lesss

people working.If they staffed like their competition they would have to have higher prices like the others.Would the still be your choice.I as a customers am happy to forgo having to be waited upon so that I can save monney.

I hope you and your husband don't have children. You are impatient. Who know how you would treat them if they learn something quickly.

That's what you get for shopping at wal mart.

If you choose to shop there, you deserve what you get.

do you expect them to hire more people on the spot? I don't see how the guy was rude, he just told you the truth, they were understaffed

Wal-Mart does 1 billion dollars a day in sales - if you do not like it, shop elsewhere. Enough said.

View more comments (6)
Trussville, Alabama
Service
Walmart Manager

Walmart is there for the people ya right

Let me just say i have had many bad experiences with wal-mart. The public relation service there is much to be desired. You complain to the cashers there or the workers there about bad service and they just put there nose up in the air and snob you like sorry i dont give a ***. What kind of service is this sad and sucks. I am talking about wal-mart in Cornwall ontario canada. Its time to clean house there and get rid of the bad staff is *** poor attitudes. Also i the they should change there slogan to Too bad it sucks to shop at walmart cause we dont give a *** for our costumers. Like if your not happy to bad just screw off. I wont shop at walmart any more i sick of the poor service.
Burlington, Ontario

Your getting rid of the material and craft supplies

It wasn't bad enough you ran the rag shop out of the area now you are going to take that part of walmart away also. i do my craft& MATERIAL SHOPPING WHEN MY HUSBAND DOES THE FOOD SHOPPING BUT SINCE YOU ARE DOING AWAY WITH THE CRAFT AND MATERIAL DEPT I'LL DO MY GROCERIE SHOPPING AT A LOCAL FOOD OUTLET. you don't think of your costomers all you think is money,money ,money . Ihad a brother who worked for your co. he loved walmart. to bad he isn,t alive to see how things are getting. thanks
Belle Vernon, Pennsylvania

Your policies

I purchased a 5 gallon Hunter humidifier on December 15, 2007 and asked if it would be on sale soon. They did not know. It came on sale in a flyer the week of January 6th. I took my receipt and the sale flyer to your store in Baraboo on the 8th to get a refund for the difference of $7.15. I was told it wasn't within their two week ploicy and they would not issue a refund. I have not been satisfied with your policies in the past and am not happy now. I will not buy anything that is not on sale in the future and will shop at stores with more resealable policies like WalMart A disappointed consumer
Prairie Du Sac, Wisconsin

Tire and lube dept.

I am really ticked off about my last trip to my local walmart for the regular service of our car, in the past our local walmart in good old Logan, Utah has been really good. It started about two and a half months ago when we took the car in for the oil change the Tech came and got my wife and took her down in to the pit and showed her the oil pan and the leak and the oil plug that was stripped,after going back to the computer and showing them that they had just changed the oil, they fessed up that and had a new oil pan put on. Well on New Year Eve early in the day she goes shopping at Walmart and decided to have the oil changed on the car, while shopping she hears hear name called over the intercom to come back to auto and lube. Mrs. Burns we have stripped out the drain plug in your oil pan, We will have the car towed to a shop and have it fixed and you go pick it up and (PAY FOR IT !!!) and we will reimburse you . Well needless to say I was out of town and my family couldn't get to Jackson Hole Wyo. to spend New Years with me and my older son ,not to mention the money lost on booked reservations at Teton Village and going without a car for 3 days. After talking with the Dept. Manager he did go and pay the bill.

Wal-Mart is a bunch of Crooks. We had 4 brand new tires put on our van yesterday.

We got up this morning and one of the tires were flat. My husband aired the tire up and took it back to them. They took the tire off and we had a cracked rim. The rims were fine when the old tires were on there.

They would have noticed a darn cracked rim when they put them on. They cracked our rim putting the new tires on. We filed a claim at the store and they refused to give us the claim number. They told us it would take 24-48 hours to even find out it they can do anything about it.

My husband has to drive the cracked rim home just to get home. Join me in a Boycott against Wal-mart!!!!

I will take all my business to K-Mart and Foodlion. Down with Wal-Mart!!!!

the only thing walmart is good at is screwing up America. Take your business elsewhere

The tire and lube in Florence, SC needs more serious workers. They need to be mor eserious about their jobs and other people property.

I went in there to get my oil changed and when they were driving cars out of the shop, they were speeding as if they were on a race track.

It took forever for me to get my oil changed because they were laughing and joking, playing and flirting with customers. I don't know where the manager was but, they need to either get serious or get new staff.

Last year I purchased two tire and had them put on the front and the ones in the front put in the back. The ones in the front were Good year and I had purchased them from Sams.

A few weeks later, my husband noticed that one of the back tires was almosty bald. I told him that can not be true. I went out and there was a tire "bald as he stated", but not a God year someone had stolen one of my tires. I had been anywhere else.

I took it to the same Walmart and they denied that were at fault. The supervisor did not want to take care of it. I asked for the store manager and he stated that he was not in that day.

He finally sold me a tire for half price. I still was upset and have not been back to their tire department.

Stripping the drain plug or pan is common. It's a sign of sloppy unattentive work.

After your first bad experience, you shouldn't have gone for a second one too.

View more comments (4)
Logan, Utah
Service
Walmart Oil Change

Walmart gift cards

I received 2 Walmart gift cards an Christmas gifts. i went to Walmart in kenora,ontario to use them boxing day. i stood at the till for an hour while they tried to make the cards work, then they informed me gift cards were not working in many places in Canada and the u.s. they told me i could use CASH, CREDIT CARDS or DEBIT it was ONLY gift cards that were not working. needless to say next year i will NOT be purchasing anything at Walmart and i have advised my family and friends to do the same.i did NOT ask for sex for Christmas but if i had i would NOT have wished to get screwed by Walmart

Tell me why people have to pay taxes on their refunds that they get back from last year, when you already paid the TAXES,on the income, ITS TAXES ON TOP OF MORE TAXES, RIGHT ,,

I sent for the boby shaper and they arrived I didnt have time to try them on,well they dont fit & I can not even find a number to call,or an address to send them back. I no they said you get a free one, but that was a lie ,because s&h cost the same as the items.

View more comments (1)
Kenora, Ontario
Product
Walmart Gift Card
Loss

Merry Christmas, Walmart

I ordered a Panasonic DMR-EZ47VK DVD Recorder/VCR for my parents' Christmas on 12/14/07 on Walmart.com. I received an order confirmation, order number, and written assurance that the unit would arrive at my home Dec. 21-24. When the unit didn't arrive, I emailed Walmart.com "customer service." They emailed me back the link to Walmart.com shipping information. Only when I hit that link did I find out that my order had been canceled since the unit was out of stock. Now I have to start shopping all over again and probably pay more. Thanks a lot, Walmart!!
Temple, Texas

Wal-mart and Returns

Ok, I will be the first to say I love Wally World but now I my feelings are little indifferent. I went in one day and found a hat on sale for mom. She decided she didn't like it so I tried to take it back I went to the store I got it from they said I couldn't return it there because someone scratched through the bar code on the price tag. I told them duh yeah that is what they did so it couldn't be scanned it had to be typed in due to the sale price sticker on top of the barcode why would I scratch over it? It would not benefit me in any way to do so. They still said no. So I tried about 3 more Wal-marts and same thing finally I went to return some shorts I bought at a Wal-mart close to my job and they took the hat great YES!! She said they had some on the floor so she could do it. But that she could not take the shorts back. But I bought them here about 2 weeks ago I said. There are none on the floor she says so I can't take them back. I said FINE!! just return the hat for me please I already wasted enought time, energy and not to mention Wal-mart gas going from store to store to get rid of this hat I will not do it again for these shorts. She gave me the money and my receipt back and mad as heck I walked out to my car. I sat down to put my money away before pulling off only to notice the hat that I drove to 4 Wal-marts to return was only returnable to the tune of $2.80 less than what I paid for it.

Ummm hey. If you have your reciept, and you didn't wear the item u would have been fine

I bet you feel like an ***.

people need to keep the things they buy instead of losing the receipt and thinking they can act a fool and get refunded.

View more comments (1)
Butler, Kentucky

I AM SO FLIPIN MAD

I am so flipin MAD!!!! My computer... Not my laptop, but my computer keeps hiting on me!!! I am so mad!!!! It keeps sayin that it can do me right unlike my husband tony!!! How does it know Tony?! I dont even like it and GRRR I hate it sooo much. I wish it would just go die in a whole and stay there for the rest of that no good computer life it allready has. I have no clue what is going on... It keeps calling me a sexy *itch, and now I have to leave it off becuase Tony and I are getting furious at it.

thats quite funny.... :grin

This has nothing to do with the above article, just venting. Thanks!!!

I would just like to state that I am a former wal mart employee. I was working there while putting myself through school.

I have to say some of the employees are nasty and bitter, but I truly believe it is because of the low life *** who come in to wal mart. They think because they are the customers, they can call us whatever they want and act how ever they want. I have news for those people. Doing things like that just makes you look like an *** and everyone sees that.

I don't know what you think you are accomplishing, but all you are projecting is that you are a total ***. I think people who complain about wal mart need to realize where they are at first off, and that THEY had the choice to walk into that store. I do not feel bad for any of the consumers that treat people like *** and think that is okay because wal mart says the customer is always right.

That is a load of bull *** and every customer who even so much as thinks of giving attitude to a nice employee or a person who can't help the situation or maybe even the fact that you are having a *** day (again, not wal mart employees problem) should be thrown out on their dirty scummy piece of *** *** and never be allowed back in. This is only to the people who treat others like ***-because they feel like it.

View more comments (2)
Syracuse, New York

Walmart unfair and not professional

On friday 23rd nov. I went to walmart at 2:40 a.m. and stood in line until 5:00 a.m.until the store opened. I purchased 2 dvd players and some other thinigs. I put the dvd players under my basket and began to exit the store where I was stopped and asked to show my reciepts. While I showed my receipts someone stole one of my dvd players off from under my basket. I noticed it when I got to my car. I went to report and they did nothing about it. I have complainted twice to walmart.gygr qxqz
Los Angeles, California