Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Walmart in Smyrna, Tennessee - Poor Service

I bought a new game for my computer titled "Medal of Honor Limited Edition" from Walmart and was really excited about the opportunity to play this game which I had heard so much about. When I got home I discovered that I was having a very difficult time loading the game onto my computer. I spent the next day, in my limited spare time, trying to troubleshoot the download of this game only to discover that my one year old computer did not have the proper video display chipset and that it would cost me $300-$350 to upgrade my system to this more advanced display system (nVIDIA GeForce 7800 GT) after the technician purchased and installed this onto my computer. So to my dismay I went back up to Walmart and explained my dilemma only to be told that there was nothing that could be done, they were sorry but I should have had the capability to go through my system prior to purchasing this game and all they were willing to do was exchange the disc for the same disc. This was due to the fact that the disc was open. I had no idea that the game would not work prior to attempting to load this game on my computer. I understandable was fuming, how was I to know that my one year old computer was not sufficient to run this game? Do they seriously expect people with limited to no computer skills to check their system prior to purchasing a game? Needless to say the largest retail provider has permanently lost my respect and business.

Seriously - anyone who buys anything for a computer knows they have to have the right hardware to run the game. You should have checked the hardware requirements (they are listed on ALL computer software) before purchase, and if you were uncertain, you should not have purchased the game.

OR, you should have at least taken the game home, pulled up your system information and compared it to the system requirements on the back of the box to be sure that your game would work on your computer BEFORE ever opening it.

No one accepts used/open games, software, etc., except for an even exchange in event of defective game itself.

If you don't like the cost of your "coaster," consider it tuition for a life lesson.

#200894

Maybe your dumb *** should do some studying instead of playing games.

#200720

Shut up d13, does 13 represent your age lose. You three are all idiots.

I don't care about the law or policy I want my *** monoey back. Now I have to use the game as a coaster.

#200590

WAHHHH IT'S WALMARTS FAULT I NO READ GOOD! :?

#200589

Keep it a secret between the two of us but that is what the listing of minimum requirements somewhere on the software box is for :x

#200580

This is a common policy at all retailers and is to prevent piracy. You will see the same policy for music CD's for the same reason. Unfortunately, dishonest people have ruined things for someone like you.

View more comments (5)
Review
#202674 Review #202674 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Loss

Walmart in Washington, District Of Columbia - Lower prices is not the problem!!

I will not go to Walmart another day day. I was a faithful shopper from day one when you opened in Price, UT. Now you remodeled your stores and I no longer can purchase the products I have always bought at your store in Price, UT. I have to go to Smith's Groc. or K-Mart to find the items you replaced or discontinued replacing on your shelves. Very disappointed because I have always driven to Price, UT 70 miles away from my home round trip. It was a good getaway, spending hundred's of dollars at a time.
#200993

Wal-marts are everywhere, don't tell me you could not find one closer to 70 miles.

Review
#202481 Review #202481 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Walmart is ran by drugheads, racists,tatoo freaks,and ***

When I go to walmart in westhaven, CT. It is like a circus to me, and I like going to see a good show. The staff are so helpful with telling people where they went to get their tatoos or where they buy their drugs, or even where they got their piercing on their face from!! It's a great store where you can feel at home if you are a racist or a *** that feel good about being able to choose and judge the people that they interview..WOW!! what power they behold, and they are so unforgettable!!

The employees at the Colton WalMart (Colton, CA), like Assistant Manager Cherie Bradley, loves to sleep with her associates. And the white b**** is married with two kids! I wish someone would tell her husband Eric Bradley, who is in the army!

Tell her a piece of your mind at 909 528 1609 or go to her facebook or email her ericheri61105@aol.com!

#206769

lol...

#200713

You are 14 Chris, wow you are more mature than some of the adults who post here.

consumer41
#200414

I appreciate how you walmart employees and managers stick together,get piercings together, get tatoos together,drink together, and share racism together@bitter It is obvious that you and the racist name angry work for the company.

#200092

Actually this person asked for a job, and is bitter because they were turned down. With her attitude I can see why she was turned down.

#200043

consumer41
#199855

Atleast they are helpful...

View more comments (6)
Review
#202386 Review #202386 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Walmart in Old Town, Maine - Don't promise consumers vouchers that you have no intention to deliver.

I have already explained the reason for my disatisfaction. I should have known better than to expect that anything is free. I do resent giving my Visa number but that was my own stupidity and I'm disappointed in the end of Walmart's warm and fuzzy image for me. I was told that if I answered a short survey, I would receive a voucher for $200. and I even called customer service and was assured that the voucher had been sent. That was two months ago and now I have given up the expectation that it will come at all. The worst thing is that this deception is associated with Walmart, a company for which I had some admiration.
#203099

Were you born yesterday? You have a CHANCE to win $200.

If they gave everyone a $200 gift card for the survey they would be broke. They put you in a draw. A child such as your self who cannot make sense of what they are reading should have asked an adult to read it for you. Anyone over the age of five knows would understand that you are entered in a draw with a CHANCE of winning.

You do not automatically win. Anyone over the age of ten can apply simple logic and realise that they cannot give a $200 gift card to everyone and you have to enter a draw. You are probably to young to enter the draw anyway.

These things are generally for 13 and over due to COPPA laws. Clearly if you cannot understand the simple concept of a CHANCE to win you are under 13.

#203047

I HATE SCAMMERS.NO LIFE SON OF A* ******.I HOPE THEY ROTT N ***. :(

#199794

are you an ***? you think if you take a short survey they'll give you a $200 gift card?!?!? there's a sucker born everyday!

View more comments (2)
Review
#202354 Review #202354 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Brenda Stewart a walmart worker at the Pishga forest brevard store treated me like i was garbage when i asked a question about a product! This was not the first time this person treated me this way! She must have some kind of mental problems or a problem at home that...
#200711

Actually, Chris I believe that all the posts on her aside from you and I are from the same person who wrote this letter.

View more comments
Review
#202238 Review #202238 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Walmart in Rock Hill, South Carolina - Made me waste my money today on some ***.

This sounded to good to be true n it amazed me how radio shack sellin it n dnt knw what they gettn their self into...Fraud how can u type n a credit card number n it tell u if its declined or not right then....Credit Card...Thats why everytime I put my infor.n i use a old old card n code number...but for it to tell me that I knew something was wrong...No numbers on the box or on the internet,come on now...Im returning mines first thing n the morning,join the club....
Review
#202234 Review #202234 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Loss

Walmart in Mount Laurel, New Jersey - Judged by a broken jury

I went for an interview in the west haven CT. store, when I arrived I asked the customer service person in the front where personnel is located..The customer service lady was a person with visible tatoos all over her arms and she appeared to be illiterate, however, when I got to the back to be interviewed by the manager before me stand an apparently racist young man with piercing on his face..When I provided information about my felony for possesion of controlled substance 20 years ago I believe that my chances of being hired were lessoned even more..I obtained several certificates and worked in a promising field for numerous years until funds were cut by the state,however, if I do not get a call back I know what happened..I was interviewed by a person with piercings on his face who had the authority to choose the best man.
#199808

First of all I spoke to one person that I thought was illiterate, and I can tell when someone is a racist, like you for instance.I never did drugs.Mr. angry I worked in the school system with kids, I worked with a population that required patience and understanding for 10 years , so please seek some drug counseling and anger management as soon as possible. Your judgement is out of wack also..@angry

#199436

So, you immediately assumed people were racists, illiterate, or ***, simply because of how they looked. Then, IF they deny you, (your words state you are not sure,)then you will be mad because they denied you a job with good reason, that you had a history of substance abuse, (and, judging by your reactions to their appearance, you may have acted on that in some way during the interview, which will definitely hurt your chances ever more. Working at WALMART may require a certain level of 'People Skills' of which you certainly have none, judging by your reactions to tattoo's and piercings.)

View more comments (1)
Review
#202167 Review #202167 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Walmart in Altura, Minnesota - I was hanked from a self checkout and humiliated in front of other customers.

I was shopping at the Walmart store in Fremont, Mi. today (10-10-2010) at 16:08:54. I was self checking out, when all of a sudden I was told I could not use the self-check out and was "ordered" to use another register. The associate, then "suspended" my items already checked out and bagged. Then she moved me to another check-out, at which time I asked her why she was doing this, and her response was "I already told you why." I asked her about the stuff I had already checked out and she shouted at me to recheck them again. At this point, I walked over to Customer Service, and asked for the manager of the store. A very young lady (Heidi) said she "would talk to the associate" about it. I went home very upset, called the store back and talked to a "les or Len." He said he would "look into it, but did not ask my name or phone number to follow up with me. I am so embaressed as to how I was treated. People were staring at me like I had done something wrong, and I didn't. Why was I treated this way?
#203193

whats wrong with you people? so much for love thy fellow man and do unto others stuff. just humiliate her and be on our way 45 seconds sooner

#200840

If you had pushed me out of the way, I would not only have pushed you back but pressed charges against you since you were the first one to do the pushing. I would only be defending myself. Trust me if the customer that reported me had children I would have shoved their children to the ground to teach them a lesson.

#200745

Is this article a joke? There's so many things wrong with what you've said, I don't even know where to start.

You admitted that you blatantly ignored the cashier and did what you wanted even though she already told you that you couldn't check out in the express lane. So why are you surprised that you were made to stop? They probably assumed that you couldn't hear or read because that's how you made it look. Most people don't try to check out 68 items in a 10 item or less lane.

Screaming and swearing at random customers probably didn't help your case much either. All that did was make you look bad. I cracked up when I read "I yelled what the *** are you staring at and someone shook their head. I was very embarrassed", you should've been embarrassed because that only made you look worse, and that's not Walmart's fault.

It's ridiculous to blame Walmart for you not feeding your kids. This whole fiasco didn't cause you to stay at Walmart 6 hours longer than you would've, so the fact that your kids didn't eat until 6 hours later is all on you. The bottom line is that you were the one who was wrong, not Walmart. It's one thing to try to sneak 15 or maybe even 20 items into a 10 item or less lane, but 68...c'mon, that's just rude and obnoxious.

You deserved to have had your order suspended, because if I was the customer waiting in line behind you I would've told you to get the *** out of there too, and if you tried telling me to "mind my own business", like you did to the other customers waiting in line behind you, I would've started moving your *** right off the counter and pushed you right the *** out of the way. That's so inconsiderate.

Why shouldn't you have to follow the rules? What makes you better than the rest of us?

#200743

k

#199101

Quit spamming my letter with your free advertising ***.

#199079

Heidi did not help me until I started crying in front of everyone. Only when I started crying because it seemed no one cared did she say she would talk to the associate. But she did say the associate was right and the items were for ten or less and next time I should go to another checkout so even Heidi does not like me much and thinks I cannot read, count or hear.

#199078

Fine I will Admit I only checked ten items when she told me again that the self checkouts and express was only for ten or less items. She acted as if I could not count, could not read or was deaf and people were staring at me. Real embarassing.

#199077

They did not protect me from the customers who were giving me dirty looks. The employee who pulled me away said that the self check outs were for 10 items or less.

I ignored her and went there anyway. She later said people were complaining I was holding up the line, and she asked me to leave. I had already checked out about 30 or so items. I had another 40 items with me since i do all my shopping once a month.

She wanted me to go to another lane. I went to the express lane and she said that was 20 items or less. I had to wait longer and could not use self check outs or express. Then when I started swearing at her the other customers started staring at me like I did something wrong.

I asked her which customer complained so that I could swear at them and tell them to mind their own business and she refused to tell me . Then when I yelled what the *** are you staring at and someone shook their head. I was very embarassed. I finally got my children returned to me after CPS took them away from me.

I decided to welcome them back by buying clothes and toys for my two children ages nine and 14 that is another reason I had 68 items(bill said 68 items) I wanted to spend more time with my children because the court decided to return them to me today (10-10-2010) thanks to the rude employee I could not spend time with my sons(4 and 9 and I could not feed them until just now. Infact I have to call them again and can't spend time with them before they go to sleep. My 14 month is still in care. I was so embarassed people looked at me like I did something wrong.

It was very busy and most people were buying more items and all the old hags buying less than ten were in the self checkouts which I was told was for ten items or less. The cashier told me this as if I could not read the sign. I could read the signs I was just in a hurry and not many people were in that line. They still refuse to tell me which customer complained about me being in self checkout.

If it were not for that *** complaning and that *** watching me and embarassing me like I am a child I could have spent time with my kids. I am a single parent. I cannot afford to shop at high paying shops and don't drive and the store is across the street from me. She thinks because I don't have a high paying job i can't read.

People were staring at me like I did something wrong. I suffer from depression and when Les or Len did not ask for my name or phone number I cried because I felt he did not care about me nor like me.

Heidi is the only one who likes me. That lady who told me to go to another check out did not like me and thinks I dont know how to read just because I ignored their rule.

View more comments (7)
Review
#202091 Review #202091 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Walmart slow and *** staff no such thing as express check out in this store

walmart really doesnt give a *** about the customers that come into there stores this is what happens when the spoiled rich kids take over but they dont care because there father put all of the other store we had a choice with out the door every time i go into this *** store the staff is so *** slow and thats the csm and other managers as well stay away from any walmart in this state and never go in to the store in Boonville Mo NEVER EVER go in to this store when you do go in to make a complaint and this is being nice about it they look at you like your *** because they KNOW that the are not going to get in trouble
#198631

i forgot to mention this is an express checkout and i waited three minutes to check out it should take less than one mnute... three *** minutes is su *** slow and the dont get in trouble either for being slow, three minutes almost, timed it this time was two minutes and 44 seconds almost three, should be less than one express...

Review
#201855 Review #201855 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Walmart in Washington, District Of Columbia - False Advertising and useless staff

Another Wal Mart complaint and unhelpful staff. The ad said $35.97 BUT instead of charging the advertised price which I had a rebate for, Wal Mart in all its wisdom decided to lower the price and give me a gift card as an incentive to shop there in the future. So I didn't get the correct rebate and have a worthless certificate at a store I now HATE. First person I called to complain to lied to me just to get me off the phone and never took care of the problem. Two other incompetent employees basically said too bad, there's nothing we can do about it. Shop there with caution. Their prices aren't even that cheap and Target will match their prices.
#200122

I am reading my letter again. Last time my son was not with me. He is with me now an I just smacked him because I needed someone to smack.

Review
#201672 Review #201672 is a subjective opinion of poster.