377 N Rolling Meadows Dr, Fond du Lac, WI 54937, USA

I bought a two year warranty on a Sunbeam heated throw blanket. I purchased two of these blankets previously and both of them had lasted 1 year.

I found that Sunbeam's warranty phone maze is only designed to captivate and ensnarl any who will engage it. My wife really liked the Sunbeam throw blankets when they worked. In an effort to keep my wife happy I decided to purchase one more blanket but safeguard my purchase with a "Two year Walmart care plan".

I have discovered that the "Walmart care plan" works the same as the "Sunbeam Warranty plan". By simply forwarding your calls to the Sunbeam warranty maze Walmart can take your warranty money and not bear any of the responsibility.

Product or Service Mentioned: Walmart Protection Plan.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Walmart Cons: Walmart product care plan, Sunbeam warming throw.

• Sunbeam Warming Throw

Comments

How soon did the blanket fail? Extended service plans start after the manufacturers warranty ends.

If it failed in the first year they would refer you to the manufacturer, in the second year they would take care of it. A good example is the service plan I purchased at a home center for a gas powered grass trimmer. The manufacturer has a 2 year warranty that requires the trimmer be repaired at a service center if it fails. The store will not accept return if it fails during that period.

But in the third year, the service plan kicks in and the store will take the trimmer back and give you credit for the purchase price. Take time to read and understand the service plans you buy to avoid disappointment.

@Anonymous

How many hours should I wait on the phone to speak with a manufacturers representative about a $46 product? Why would Walmart sell a two year warranty to me knowing that they will simply forward my inquiry to the manufacturers two year warranty? I purchased the Walmart warranty so I would not have to be at the mercy of the manufacturer again.

#1662094
@Anonymous

That's Exactly Why I bought mine on my Flat SCREEN TWO DAYS AGO ... Guess I'll be looking to refund my Warranty Plan (That is Warranty-Less)

@Anonymous

Any well read consumer knows, and has read many many times that the extended service plans and warranties are almost always a bad idea to purchase, and that you are much better off setting the money aside in case you need repairs.