Woodlawn, Ontario

I recently visited a Walmart location in Barrhaven Ontario over the long weekend to purchase a 32 GB Lexar SD card for my camera. I was riding a motorcycle with my friend and between grabbing my helmet and bag I left behind the SD card I had just purchased with the receipt.

I returned to inquire about that which I left behind the following day around 2:00pm to which the attendant told me to come back tomorrow as her manager had left.

So the next day I made the hour and a half drive back to the location for a third time only to be told that they didn't believe my story and they could do nothing for me. All of this after they found evidence of my purchase using my credit card information.

Needless to say I am extremely disappointed in the service which I received all whilst trying to cooperate the best I could with the customer service department, only to be treated like a liar when the balance of probability was in my favour.

Product or Service Mentioned: Walmart Manager.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Comments

Anonym0u5

so why couldnt they look up the payment info the first time? its not rocket science......

ransom

Wrong! The balance of probability was definitely NOT in your favor. It's a scam they've seen many times, they don't know you.

MattD78

Hey, I have this receipt but no product! Can you give me another one for free based on how honest I am?

Really?

That doesn't seem a bit suspicious? Chalk it up to your forgetfulness and move on but don't blame Walmart for using common sense.

Please explain how the balance of probability was in your favor? They found evidence of you purchasing the SD card not leaving it behind.

Yes it sucks if that's what really happened, but you have to look at it from the store's viewpoint.

If they just believed everyone that said they left something behind they would lose money hand over fist. Time to take some adult responsibility and realize you messed up.