Dallas, Texas

As a regular customer/consumer to Walmart Wallaceburg, Ontario, Canada, of up to $5,000.00 per year, I was shocked, humiliated, and embarrassed in front of other members of the community shopping at Walmart on Monday March 5, 2012 by the events that unfolded at said location.

I collected the items in my shopping cart, and heard twice an audiible of a clown's horn being played over the store's paging system, yet the speakers playing it were isolated to my isle or location, and this rose my curiosity as to why this was taking place. I then headed to the check out counter, and although the majority of my purchases at Walmart Wallaceburg are made with AMEX, VISA or Mastercard, I completed my transaction with a cash debit card payment, checked to make sure the cashier put my receipt in my Walmart grocery bag, and proceeded to the main doors (about 50 Ft.) to exit the building, just as I have done for over 13 years, oblivious to the audacious events that were about to unfold via the 'Walmart Door Greeter' of all people, not management, not store security, or loss prevention......shifting gears to details of the event.

In approaching the interior main double doors to exit, I was stopped by the door greeter who was clearly waiting to confront me by his quickness and surveillance of me leaving the register after my purchase, here's the dialog that had taken place between the Walmart door greeter employee and myself.

Walmart Door Greeter: "Can I Sign Your Receipt"

In that I found this both Odd and Accusatory, my reply was : "For What Reason"

Walmart Door Greeter: "So I Can Make Sure You Paid For Everything In Your Bag"

In thinking 'I thought so', I simply continued on my way exiting the building just as I always do, as the Walmart greater was both humiliating and embarrassing me in front of both entering and exiting customers, but he was far from finished with the humiliation and embarrassment. As I made my way past the soda machines and shopping cart foyer to the exterior main doors and finally outside, the Walmart Greeter stood with one foot inside the store and one foot outside the store, and with leaning forward in my direction both embarrassed and humiliated me a final time in front of a whole new set of patrons from within the community entering the store and yelled in my direction,....

"If You Come Back We're Calling The Police"

Appalled,and with my reputation and stature in the community now damaged by this event, I am seeking your help with this matter.

DA

prsprsprsprs@yahoo.com

Product or Service Mentioned: Walmart Cashier.

Comments

You should call my husband at 479-619-5062 - he can have the store manager fired if you don't get your way.

Are you blind Em, or did you just not read all the replies. Read all the replies.(or have someone read them for you if you cannot) You missed this post.

"16. Written by Prsprsprsprs on March 9, 2012 from toronto, ontario, CA

I was not stealing. I simply lost the receipt and because of that I was accused of stealing. I told them that I lost the receipt to one item. That the reason I did not have the receipt for that item was because the cashier forgot to scam it. I simply forgot to pay for it. The cashier did not remind me. Instead she told the security guard and her arrested me because I forgot to pay for one item which I thought I put on the register. They claimed that this is not true because I took the item and pocketed it after the transaction and it was not a case of a miss scanned item. Whatever it was not intentional. Whatever they told me that I cannot return to the store or they would call the police again for trespassing. I told them that it was a public place, but the police sided with them. They were little nazi's they were. Pushing their weight around all over a misunderstanding. I would have paid for the item if giving a chance. They did not give me that chance."

Also it seems like you are out to make the door greeter and employees look bad no matter what. Why, were you fired. Did you get caught shoplifting?

I keep reading where the poster keeps "changing his story". Where does that happen?

Because I'm not seeing that. Also - the poster, nor anyone else who shops at Walmart, is required to show their receipt. Meaning, when asked to see their receipt - THEY DO NOT HAVE TO SHOW IT TO PROVE THEY OWN MERCHANDISE THAT THEY ALREADY OWN AND ARE NOT BREAKING ANY LAWS BY REFUSING AND LEAVING THE STORE WITH THEIR OWN MERCHANDISE. I agree with the poster - it annoys me that I have to PROVE that I own the merchandise I just paid for.

Unless Walmart starts charging a membership to shop there - no one is required by law to show their receipt and Walmart can call the cops on someone who refuses to show it but what are the cops going to do? You are not breaking any laws by leaving a store with merchandise that you OWN nor are you breaking any laws by refusing to show the receipt that a checker just handed you probably not more than 50 feet away from the exit.

Well if the greeter really acted the way that the OP claimed that he did than the greeter is blowing this out of propotion. But the Op keeps changing his story so we cannot really believe him.

Would not be the first time someone changed their story.

IHateStupidCustomers

looks like the original poster keeps changing their story, what a liar.

Show the receipt, problem solved. You are blowing this way out of proportion.

they ask me most times if they can see my receipt. usually if items are not in bags.

Well, having given it some thought, you can be just as successful in your goals without ever setting foot in that WalMart ever again. You see, all the merchandise ultimately goes right out the front door.

When you see this occurring simply proceed with your mode of operandi.

No noisy alarms or 'Walmart Door Greeters" to hinder your efforts. IT'S EASY!!

BS, your story is full of *** and if you really were innocent you would show the receipt. You just had to be a hot shot.

Hello there folks,

I am the original poster of this story, whoever is using my prsprsprsprs name in this thread is either an infiltrating hacker, works for this website in an effort to make Walmart look innocent, or a Hacker employed by Walmart...

Moreover, the Walmart watched me pay for my items at the register and waited for me to walk the 40 feet to the exit doors, he was coached by Walmart security who was profiling and had no evidence of any theft, yet had the Walmart door greeter confront me anyway.

In that I had 'Not Stolen Anything' I own the merchandise, the Walmart bag holding my purchased items, and the reciept, and have no obligation to show him anything.

The Real prsprsprsprs poster of this story.

Did you miss the part where he kept changing the story? Besides they would not threaten to call the police on him and not ask him to return if he were innocent.

His story is full of holes. And even though some WM greeters act like *** he was in the wrong.

Let's try putting your situation into another light:

"I lost my check for $2 million but I demanded that the bank honor the check even though I lost it. After the teller wouldn't let me have my $2 million, I proceeded to get it myself."

Do you see how dumb your logic sounds? Show them the receipt - you don't own the place.

Theif

I'm sure you never steal and Walmart has expert video editors sitting around waiting to "doctor" footage of shoppers concealing merchandise.

They gave you a chance to pay for it when the "greeter" asked to see your receipt....***....

The "greeter" at any store is actually LOSS PREVENTION!!!!! It's not like you're taking a cruise and they are welcoming you aboard....***....the "greeter" is management and security.

What exactly did you loose your receipt for/conceal without paying for/steal?

Lol they must have had a serious grudge against you. A picture is worth a thousiand words, a video just one.........guilty.

I never show my receipt. It's not my job to prove I own the items I paid for.

I always tell the greeter "no thanks" when they ask for my receipt and keep walking.

If they want to detain you, they need proof that you stole otherwise it's false imprisonment. Call the police and then if you have a cell phone, start the video recording as soon as you can.

Most likely you were stealing. If you were innocent you would not have ran out when asked for your receipt.

Not only did they accuse me of stealing she got the security and management to doctor the tape to make it look like I was stealing. Then the security guard showed a tape where I was stealing. It was clearly doctored as I never steal.