Feeding Hills, Massachusetts
2.6

Purchased an a/c unit from a Walmart Supercenter in Chicopee, Ma on July 7 2016. The unit didn't seem to cool as it should, so we didn't bother with it especially since we were in the middle of moving residences.

8/13/16 Placed defective unit in truck and took it back to where it was purchased. While waiting in line for customer service, my partner went to shop for a few things. When I got up to the counter and explained that the unit had a defect, I was told that it was passed 30 days since the purchase of this item and that I was not entitled to a refund. In fact both associates let me know this and one of the associates(the one opposite the one waiting on me)handed me small manufacturers booklet and told me I had to deal with the manufacturer directly for replacement or credit.

I'm mild mannered and rarely get confrontational. When I explained what had just transpired to my partner, she wasn't as accommodating. She demanded the assistance of a manager, who came shortly thereafter and took care of the situation w/o incident(I commend her highly). There is a sign posted that clearly states your 90 day refund policy.

I presented the receipt and was well within the 90 days, your sign also states with exceptions.

What was the exception for my money not being refunded? Why was my partners' experience so much easier than mine?

Product or Service Mentioned: Air Conditioner.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Comments

realm188
#1198713

There isn't always a need to be forceful of course. Especially when you could have just called the manufacturer.

It's not always the company. Sometimes it's the manufacturer.

However, I do agree that the signs should state the exceptions. That way this doesn't happen...

h.kitchener
#1198575

Obviously, you are in business with a lady who is more forceful than you are. You don't say if you are male or female, but if a man then you can surely learn something from your business partner.