Lake Charles, Louisiana
1.5K views

I am becoming more and more upset at Walmart each time I go in it seems. I spend probably close to 300 dollars a week there to find out the products I buy are being discontinued.

Every week it seems something is gone.

I cant even name all the things over time but a few are... Bar-b-que chicken they baked there at the deli, colby jack cheese (the deli) Old famer Ham (deli) , Iams dog bisquits are just a few. These were just recently discontinued . I have to go elsewhere to get these.

I also have to pay alot more now at petco to get the dog bisquits. Soups I bought there at one time are no longer there.

Its so annoying I feel like shopping somewhere else just to get what I need at one time. Other places dont do that as often and sure dont discontinue them if they are POPULAR with the customers.

WHY?

This is at the Walmart in Jonesboro Ar.

Comments

And when you ask or complain to an associate or manager they tell you to go to Walmart.com and order your missing groceries because it is For Sale Now only online? What the heck! They are Running their customers OFF to another Grocery Store.

@Anonymous

I shop at a small employee owned grocery now. More expensive, but at least they show their appreciation with a human checker. My four or five hundred dollars a month won’t make or break the Goliath Walmart but if enough of us tire of it they’ll lose.

ConstantBison

I hear what your saying. Many of us have missed many things they pulled, I and my friends have been trying to find these Great Value sodas online anywhere with no luck, their Mandarins & the Pins soda.

Yes, I am totally frustrated and if there was another place this inexpensive I would start shopping there just to avoid this kind of thing. They should at least announce all discontinuations at least a month in advance so people can stock up if they want to.

FadedRussianBlue225
@ConstantBison

We're in the same boat . we love twist up soda made by great value .

I know they are selling good becouse every two weeks we go in and buy all that on the shelf. If something is selling good why get rid of it ? Don't make much since . anyway we were forced to do our shopping when out walmart stopped carrying Newman's Own sockarooni spaghetti sauce.

We are shopping at Krogers now .

they have a drink that is simular to twist up . called citrus drop made by big k .

WAL-MART SHOULD DISCONTINUE THE SALE OF ALL THE POORLY MADE GYP BICYCLES THAT IT SELLS BEFORE SOMEONE IS SERIOUSLY INJURED WHEN ONE OF THEM FALLS APART ON THEM WHILE THEY ARE IN BUSY TRAFFIC. THEY COULD BE HELD LIABLE FOR THE INJURIES AND MEDICAL BILLS AND A GOOD LAWYER COULD SUE WAL-MART FOR MILLIONS OF DOLLARS AND EASILY WIN THE CASE BECAUSE WAL-MART IS WELL AWARE THAT ALL OF THE BICYCLES THAT IT SELLS IN IT'S STORE ARE DANGEROUS AND PIECES OF JUNK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#1601942

The Walmart’s here in California are the same. Everytime I find something I like I get to enjoy it for a couple months and then it’s discontinued.

Most recently the great value premade pizza crust. I’m really getting tired of it.

I went do my shopping today and learned that Walmart is not going to sell there bread anymore as well as not making cookies as well as discontinuing most of the value brands I asked a associate and they said the focus is on quality brands for more profit so off I go to heb

I've been noticing this trend for a couple of years now. I'll always try a generic and if it's comparable to my usual product brand, or close enough, I'll save a few cents here and add it to my regular shopping list.

Unfortunately, nearly every item I've been buying has been discontinued in efforts to buy the Walmart brand (Great Value / Equate / etc.) for what turns out to be a few cents more (up to 3x the price per Oz. for a smaller i.e. Frank's RedHot Extra Hot). Some items always seemed to be out of stock every time I shopped there, by noticing the empty shelf location for the item - I called that the "out-of-stock" marketing campaign, where the usual item appears to be out of stock, but the slightly more expensive item next to it is all stocked up.

I assume that they figure that the consumer will grab the more expensive item since they're already at the store and it would be more hassle and cost more to seek the item or items elsewhere. Recently, the Adam's Natural Peanut Butter (comparable to the Laura Scutters, but more for less / oz) was discontinued - I tracked down a Walmart "Associate" and was told flat-out that items were being discontinued in favor of the Great Value equivalent. Most of the HomeKist products are gone, and even some of the Great Value, like the GV Red Tornado soda (Red Soda like the Mtn. Dew Code Red or Big Red).

I suffer from chronic headaches, and Excederin (GV Headache Relief) with a caffeinated carbonated beverage eliminates my headaches most of the time, but the selection for caffeinated soda type beverages is rather small (cola, cherry cola, red soda, mtn. dew, sometimes a Dr. Pepper type). It's just ridiculous - my last receipt only had two items that were not the Walmart brands, which is exactly what they intend - buy more expensive or buy their brand.

Online may be an answer (I used to do Home Grocer, but they didn't last since consumers weren't yet ready for it). I've tried the Amazon Pantry and Walmart online and found the Amazon to be nearly identical in price, but the quality of items was better in general, and their packing didn't break one's back. All in all, getting screwed by the company we keep in business seems to be about equal with the hassle required to shop elsewhere. What can we do?

Boycott Walmart? I simply can't afford my usual groceries any longer and have to stock up on potatoes from another market and ramen noodles (not Top Ramen because Walmart discontinued that brand in favor of the Maruchan, which gets mushy if not eaten immediately). You'd think that in the Los Angeles area here they'd try to keep the customer happy, but that's not the way big box stores do business. If we don't buy from them, the next guy will because he'd rather have 3 low quality pairs of pants for the price of 2 pairs of good quality items that will last 2x longer or more because he can save a buck or two now, even though it will cost more in the long run as he has to purchase more down the road...

Time to go back to growing our own food where the weather permits. Ugh!

@Anonymous

When are they going to open up a "GREAT VALUE" No-Tell Motel ????

Same thing is happening in Dallas-Fort Worth area. Seems to be the brand name items.

The ones I bought all the time seemed to be selling enough that I always checked stock before I left.

I shop Walmart for just a few things now. And other stores will order items for you if you request them.

You may like the products but they may not be "popular" with others. If an item is selling well a store typically won't replace it with another item. It is usually the slow moving items that are discontinued to make room for something that may sell better.

@Anonymous

When I’ve bought something in a store for twenty years, yes, I’m pissed they discontinued it. I don’t care if I’m the only one buying it.

They know someone’s been buying it for two decades, just keep stocking it! Lol, yes I’m that important.

I hate shopping at walmart they have stopped carrying a lot of products I buy too.I shop more at krogers now may pay alittle more but the selection is bigger.seems like we are forced to shop at walmart since our Wal-Mart is in a small town with not many stores unless you drive to next city.as for me krogers get most my business now

I would love to know that myself. The same thing happens in Vicksburg.

So frustrating! Grrrrrrrr!

I know what you mean just today I went in two by crunch and munch popcorn and that stays sold out I noticed that they moved it down to a lower shelf and then I go in there today it's nowhere to be found you are right every week or every other day they're discontinuing items that are popular and have sold and I have to go somewhere else and buy them at a higher price walmart yru discontinued items

KevinRichards
@Anonymous

Just because you want something does not mean everyone else wants it.

@KevinRichards

Hello? The items run out because they're popular with everybody! How dumb can you be.

#1472015

They don't replace them ! Gone forever dummy

@KevinRichards

Thats true but when they go really fast that tells me it's a popular product . Seems that's when they quit supplying those products. They even will push other products that most don't want by not giving you a choice but what they leave available .

I work at a Walmart in Illinois and I can tell you that the reason the HOMEOFFICE in Arkansas decides to discontinue items is because of its lack in sales, you may buy the item like crazy but everyone else may not. It also has a lot to do with the maker of the product, they also have a decision on whether they think their product sells well in our Walmart.

I order product for my department and sometimes it surprises me how a product that i've sold for years or even just a few months won't be on my food order guide. I print and paper food order guide once a week to order my products and I have to print a new one regularly because they're always taking a product off or adding a new one. It's no fault of mine, or anyone who works in a Walmart store, we don't make those decisions we just order, stock the stuff and listen to everyone complain. If you need to blame someone or something for it, blame the fact the consumer has 100 times more of a selection of just one product (fifty brands of sliced bread, lunch meat, soup etc....) ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

PICK SOMETHING AND SHUTUP!!! What would you do if we were in a time where we didn't have all these options, STARVE?

because we didn't have the brand you wanted. Cry me a river.