I am becoming more and more upset at Walmart each time I go in it seems. I spend probably close to 300 dollars a week there to find out the products I buy are being discontinued.

Every week it seems something is gone.

I cant even name all the things over time but a few are... Bar-b-que chicken they baked there at the deli, colby jack cheese (the deli) Old famer Ham (deli) , Iams dog bisquits are just a few. These were just recently discontinued . I have to go elsewhere to get these.

I also have to pay alot more now at petco to get the dog bisquits. Soups I bought there at one time are no longer there.

Its so annoying I feel like shopping somewhere else just to get what I need at one time. Other places dont do that as often and sure dont discontinue them if they are POPULAR with the customers.

WHY?

This is at the Walmart in Jonesboro Ar.

Comments

Same thing is happening in Dallas-Fort Worth area. Seems to be the brand name items.

The ones I bought all the time seemed to be selling enough that I always checked stock before I left.

I shop Walmart for just a few things now. And other stores will order items for you if you request them.

You may like the products but they may not be "popular" with others. If an item is selling well a store typically won't replace it with another item. It is usually the slow moving items that are discontinued to make room for something that may sell better.

I hate shopping at walmart they have stopped carrying a lot of products I buy too.I shop more at krogers now may pay alittle more but the selection is bigger.seems like we are forced to shop at walmart since our Wal-Mart is in a small town with not many stores unless you drive to next city.as for me krogers get most my business now

Ruston, Louisiana, United States #1230302

I would love to know that myself. The same thing happens in Vicksburg.

So frustrating! Grrrrrrrr!

I know what you mean just today I went in two by crunch and munch popcorn and that stays sold out I noticed that they moved it down to a lower shelf and then I go in there today it's nowhere to be found you are right every week or every other day they're discontinuing items that are popular and have sold and I have to go somewhere else and buy them at a higher price walmart yru discontinued items

to Anonymous #1033170

Just because you want something does not mean everyone else wants it.

to KevinRichards Ruston, Louisiana, United States #1230303

Hello? The items run out because they're popular with everybody! How dumb can you be.

to Anonymous #1472015

They don't replace them ! Gone forever dummy

to KevinRichards #1468283

Thats true but when they go really fast that tells me it's a popular product . Seems that's when they quit supplying those products. They even will push other products that most don't want by not giving you a choice but what they leave available .

Englewood, Colorado, United States #574352

I work at a Walmart in Illinois and I can tell you that the reason the HOMEOFFICE in Arkansas decides to discontinue items is because of its lack in sales, you may buy the item like crazy but everyone else may not. It also has a lot to do with the maker of the product, they also have a decision on whether they think their product sells well in our Walmart.

I order product for my department and sometimes it surprises me how a product that i've sold for years or even just a few months won't be on my food order guide. I print and paper food order guide once a week to order my products and I have to print a new one regularly because they're always taking a product off or adding a new one. It's no fault of mine, or anyone who works in a Walmart store, we don't make those decisions we just order, stock the stuff and listen to everyone complain. If you need to blame someone or something for it, blame the fact the consumer has 100 times more of a selection of just one product (fifty brands of sliced bread, lunch meat, soup etc....) ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

PICK SOMETHING AND SHUTUP!!! What would you do if we were in a time where we didn't have all these options, STARVE?

because we didn't have the brand you wanted. Cry me a river.

to jonesgal2 #1468309

This is pissedcustomer.com right? My right to vent so you shut up ,and no one is blaming you if your an employee. Mind your own business

to jonesgal2 #1471750

Yeah, pick the crap THEY insist you buy, not what you want! This is a democracy, and if I can't get GOOD food because Walmart prefers to sell crap, then I will shop elsewhere.

It's just a racket to promote poor nutrition and keep the poor people obese and hooked on junk food.

Yeah, I get it... too bad you don't!!

The problem is they ARE popular items that they stop selling for a time or even for good. When I go to get the items they are always gone when they have just stocked them.

Thats not just one customer. I have friends that say the same thing or even hear strangers say that in the store. They move items that no one likes to the front where the others were. They are pushing other products to sell when no one wants them.

Its kinda like the clothing Dept.

All the sizes that most people wear end up gone with a gazillion small and extra small left. Why don't they just buy less small and extra small and buy more Med.-extra large?

to melody Orange, California, United States #1033172

because they don't have enough extra large in the warehouse. Perhaps if you lose weight you can fit into the small.

I have had the same experiences over and over with walmart, it seems you have only a little time staying aquainted with the products you like, then bam ! the products either take a huge price hike, get downsized or discontinued all together or it seems like they purposely take a product away for a time to move other products off the shelf then you see it return, walmart may have low prices but it's item availability and pricing fluctuates too much and has no "consistent" good deals.

It seems almost impossible for walmart to keep prices steady enough to avoid sticker shock every other week or month, my budgets are always fluctuating each week I feel like I get hijacked extra money that I didn't anticipate just from "product unavailability"....I shop at walmart thinking I am going to get ahead of the costly crunch in efforts to save some money for extras and I can hardly get the extras I need because the basics keep thwarting my efforts. It is kind of "ODD" in thinking about it...You know how walmart advertises all those big flat screen televisons and you can't help but notice them walking through the store, It is sad, when I walk through that store now and look at those TV's I see used cars sitting up on shelves, because that's what they cost, the same price as a used car, and then I say to myself, I can't even afford to buy a used car, I have to support a family on below poverty income, but I can afford for walmart to charge me over 6 bucks for a jar of hellmans mayonaise over 14 buck for coffee that used to be available at half that price, 20% increases in the cost of cheeses, discontinued items, weaker product selection etc. walmart has so many quirks it drives me nuts, for the past few years i've had to shop at 3 different grocers just to get the selection I need at the price I can afford ,it is a huge downside, now it take me 4-5 hours to spend 3-400 a month in groceries, who the heck like to suck up 4-5 hours gathering groceries just so your buck can stretch and then wanting to barf at the whole situation! And these are just the basic whole foods no specialty foods brands just good basics for good prices, just a 10 lb bag of potatoes can be 4 bucks cheaper elsewhere its rediculous that 4 buck is 4 lbs of onions!

I really don't think walmart is honestly as competative as they say they are, if they were to price match comparable items and even some identical brands, walmart can still be outsourced easily from other markets from 10-20% on the cost of similar food items in many ways. Like Save-a-lot food stores for instance, whatever walmart carries as an identical item for example banquet frozen dinners, they will price compare and lower their price or keep it the same as the competetor, but if the competetor has say their own generic version of canned ravioli's or vegetables/tomato sauce for example allens or diane's from save-a-lot food store they are way cheaper in offereing the same comparable generic items, now walmart will even carry some of their competitions product at a slightly higher price than their own generic value brand giving the competors generic product a boost by pricing it above walmarts own generic brands. "They basically try not to make a competors product look generic when it is generic like putting save-a-lot's branding "Allens green beans" next to "Great Value brand" and "Delmonte" for example. Very sneaky !

And Hannaford, forget it ! they just charge you double over any competetor for everything canned, I don't care what it is, they are outrageous! I don't think people understand that if you shop at walmart consistently you can easily be gauged 10-20% the cost of your grocery bill at anytime just because of the poor product availabilty/fluctuation and pricing consistency it is almost impossible to walk in that store and get everything you need when you need it without lacking a handfull of items or a handfull of substitutes, which both add up to additional costs when your at the conserving end of things. You wind up thinking your getting a good deal and try to bulk up on that deal but then they nab you with the missing items so you spend more on substituting and you basically loose out on the deal you thought you were getting on the other items, essentially they've tricked you into buying more specials so they could give you the illusion you can afford the substitutes because of the savings you just got on the specials obviously in reality they just know you are not going to go through your carraige trying to figure out that you've been duped so you proceed to the checkout, cashout and they have scored twice over you!

Save a buck on this item so you buy two thing now you've saved two buck only for them to rip the two bucks back away from you by gauging another item that you need or have to substitute with...especially during thanksgiving, it's the worst! Look how much these little games increased the cost of stovetop stuffing and cranberry sauce ! You will save now and pay later ! ARRGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!

What walmart should do to honor their "low low prices" is... IF THEY RUN OUT OF THEIR GENERIC BRAND ON THE STORE SHELVES THEN THEY SHOULD AUTOMATICALLY REDUCE THE NAME BRAND PRICE TO THEIR GENERIC PRICE. I'M SO SICK OF NOT HAVING WHAT I'M LOOKING FOR BECAUSE I CAN'T AFFORD THE HIGHER PRICED ITEMS YET THE PEOPLE WHO CAN AFFORD THE HIGHER PRICED ITEMS CAN ALWAYS AFFORD EITHER THE CHEAP OR THE EXPENSIVE AND IT'S SAD WHEN LOWER INCOME PEOPLE GET STUCK CONSUMING THE HIGHER END OF THE CHAIN WHEN THE HIGHER END FEEDS OF THE LOWER END SO THEY CAN STICK MORE MONEY IN THEIR POCKET, JUST TO MAKE THINGS FAIR AND SQUARE WHEN THERE ARE NO MORE GENERICS LEFT ALL THE HIGHER PRICED ITEMS SHOULD BE REDUCE TO THE PREVIOUS SET GENERIC PRICE SO THE LOWER END CONSUMER DOESN'T GET SCREWED FROM "PREDATORY CONSUMERISMS" AND THE PEOPLE WHO LIVE IN POVERTY CAN ACTUALLY KEEP A BASELINE OF COST THAT DOESN'T STICK US UP WHERE THE SUN DON'T SHINE SO THAT US LOWER END CONSUMERS CAN ACTUALLY CRAWL OUT OF POVERTY OVER TIME INSTEAD OF BEING KICKED WHEN WE ARE DOWN CONSISTENTLY.

I FEEL LIKE I AM BEING TREATED LIKE A SPECUALTIVE INVESTMENT ON WALL STREET BEING TRADED EVERYDAY LIKE STOCK RATHER THAN BEING TREATED LIKE A "VALUED CUSTOMER" WHERE THEY DON'T CARE IF WE TAKE MINOR OR MAJOR LOSSES, THEY HAVE FUN SPENDING OUR MONEY THEY WAY THEY THINK IT SHOULD BE SPENT AND NOT WHAT IS GOOD FOR THE CONSUMER FOR THE LONG TERM! SOMETHING HAS GOT TO GIVE !!!!!

Skopje, Karpos, Republic Of Macedonia #12830

One customer does not make a product "popular."

to deligirl Orange, California, United States #1033169

Agrees. I was going to just say, just because you want particular items does not make the item popular.