Pretoria, Gauteng

I was at the Auto Service Center at 8:10 am. I a few minutes a nice man came and took my information and my keys and my flat tire. This man and another man were changing the oil on a car. He said he will get on the tire repair as soon as he could. I also told him I needed to pick up a friend in Riverside so I appreciated him hurrying.

I went inside the store and did some shopping. I though it had been a long time and he hadn't called me, so I returned to find my car inside and my flat tire on the floor. Couldn't see anyone working, so I went inside and found the "Manager", a great big man. after he was through with the other customers, he went out, put air in my tire to find the leak. It was about an inch and a half in from the edge of the tread..in the tread, not the sidewall.

He said, sorry, it cannot be repaired, had an older man put the tire in the trunk and back out my car. Never asked if I wanted to by a new tire. I was not rude to anyone, nor did I raise my voice.

I left Walmart, went to a dealer who sells the same kind of tire I have on the car and told him what had happened. He took the tire off the rim, found a very small hole, repaired the leak, didn't even charge me for the repair.

Walmart has lost a Auto Service customer, and i have gone to them for service for the last 6 years, and I have found a place that acts like they want my business.

Product or Service Mentioned: Walmart Oil Change.

Comments

lol what do you expect going to walmart for auto repair service even of such a simple type as this ?

it's like the people complaining about walmarts deli or food selection. it's NOT a good place for many services.