State College, Pennsylvania

Used debit card. No pin required. No request for any identification to be sure I was the holder of that card.Told by clerk at register,new company policy because banks changed their requirements. Complained to store Manager who said same thing. Checked with my banks, they have made no changes and was told definitely REQUIRE a pin.

Wal Mart is leaving their customers at risk if unauthorized people gained access to our information.

I have cut off any ads from Wal Mart, and have not been in any of their stores in over a week. I do not plan on buying from them, in the future, unless I have enough cash to cover any purchase.

With so much identity theft being reported, WHY would WalMart want to create greater risks for us? It doesn't make sense.

Can't find a way to email corporate headquarter, so am using this avenue to alert people of this unsafe policy.

Product or Service Mentioned: Walmart Account.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Walmart Cons: Management.

Comments

My husband just had this happen to him. I've decided to take a slightly different approach.

If they want to make the check out line move a fraction of a second faster by putting my family at risk.

I will be writing checks for a while, very slow checks. Let them eat analog

call 1-800-wal-mart