Carr #2 Km 26.6, Barceloneta, 00617, Puerto Rico

My family were/are victims of Hurricane Marine in Puerto Rico. I made it a priority to leave New York and go to Puerto Rico the first chance I had to provide assistance.

While I was there and shopping at the Barceloneta, PR Walmart, I noticed that this day a palet of Powermate CX1400 generators were being sold. Without hesitation I got on the line to grab one. I was so excited that I would be able to provide some power to them before I left Puerto Rico. We went back home, opened the box and set up the generator per the manual.

Oil supplied was entered into the generator, fuel was added and we were able to start the generator. While preparing to connect the refrigerator the generator shut down. We attempted to restart it, we were unsuccessful. The following day we packed up the generator and went back to Walmart to either return it or exchange it.

Walmart refused to do any of the this. Even telling them that we had just purchased it less than 24 hours, they refused to help us out. They even had a sign made up in the store that now refunds or exchanges on generators would be accepted and that you would have to go directly to the manufacturer. This so called sign was not up nor did the cashier verbally mention anything of this so called policy.

Since then I have had to leave Puerto Rico to head back to work in New York. I had to leave the generator in the box with no positive outcome on this. I will try to handle this through the manufacturers warranty, but the experience with this Walmart was horrendous. I am a vivid Walmart shopper here in New York.

and know for a fact that my Walmart here would not put me through that. In helping out my family's needs in Puerto Rico I experienced this. Not really understanding why "A Walmart" franchise would not approve a refund and or an exchange. I would really appreciate some response to this issue from your corporate office.

Thank you. "I tried to send this to Corporate Office in USA" for some reason it did not let me.

Product or Service Mentioned: Powermate Cx1400 Generator.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective and not being able to return, exchange. Due to Policy.

Comments

OP:

You can send a letter to their Corporate headquarters regarding your complaint.

Their contact information is found on their website.