Ease of Use
Layout of Store

I get emails from walmart daily, advertising sales. On multiple occasions i have tried to purchase sale items only to find the advertised price will not be honored.

Example, 2 days ago i got an email that advertised a crossbow for $11.66, when i tried to buy it the price went up to $205.00. Again today i opened a walmart email that advertised a "stanley fat max 700 jumpstarter for $34.95 but when i tried to buy it they wanted $39.99. When i contacted customer service the jerk who answered insisted on talking over me. He would not allow me to finish a sentence let alone a full thought.

When i asked if he was going to keep talking over me he hung up on me. I immediately called back and asked for a supervisor. After being on hold for 33 minutes i finally gave up and tried to contact their corporate office to file a complaint. I could not find a phone # so i used the chat feature.

The agent i chatted with said i would have to deal with the people who disrespected me, talked over me, hung up on me, and then placed me on eternal hold in an attempt to get rid of me.

SHAME ON WALMART!!! This is not good business and i will be reporting you to the BBB, THE FCC, AND ANY OTHER RELEVANT REGULATORY AGENCY I CAN FIND!!!!!!$

Product or Service Mentioned: Walmart Deal.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Comments

h.kitchener

You must realize that you are complaining about Walmart---not the best place to find good customer service, nor the "best and the brightest." You must have somehow requested or agreed to accept their emails and if you don't want them anymore then scroll down to the bottom of one of their daily emails and click on the "unsubscribe" button. They should stop coming, but given Walmart's attitude, perhaps they will take their time cancelling them or just ignore your request.

With Walmart, who knows?

You can also label the unwanted emails as "spam" or "junk" or similar depending on the email service you use. This may or may not work to stop them depending on the email service you use.

GiftedPrairieDog113
to h.kitchener #1616612

I don't mind the email, its the fact that they advertise something for one price in the email advertising and when you try and purchase it the price is much higher. This is bait and switch they lure you in with a sale price but when you land on their site they switch the price to something much higher.example: 2 days ago Barnett jackal crossbow advertised for $11.66 but when I tried to buy it the cost became $205.

With such a large difference in price you would think ok its an error but again today Stanley fat max jumpstarter was advertised at $34.99 but when you land on the site the price changes to $39.95. These are just 2 very recent examples.