6K views

I bought a battery at Walmart last night for my jet ski. On their ad board place above the batterys was ever start maxx 3 year free replacement warranty.

I purchased the battery and once I paid the salesperson so here is your warranty papers, it has 1 month free replacement and 6 months prorated.

I said no the ad states 3 year free replacement. She said that ad is for car batteries only. Explained to her nowhere on the battery box or the ad does it say there is a different warranty for a jet ski battery. I informed them that this was false advertisement.

This was not a cheap battery it was 84.99. So make sure when buying a battery to check to see if their advertisement applies to the battery you are buy. I turned battery back into them and will never buy another one.

If possible I will not buy anything from Walmart again.

Review about: Walmart Replacement.

Comments

bought one at walmart for my atv battery was no good I took it back they said there was nothing they could do because I put the acid in it well how the heck do you use it if you don't put the acid in it they ripped me off no money back or anything

Lansing, Michigan, United States #1035117

I agree I bought two from them and had the same experience

Dallas, Texas, United States #997483

I bought an Everstart battery in April 2010.(date on receipt) Now it is June 2015. It says 3 year free replacement warranty.

Never had a problem. According to some people, after 3 years my battery is on borrowed time. So mine is 2 years over its age.

I may just replace it so I don't get stuck.

Just thought I would provide a bit of positive feedback. I have never had a problem with Walmart.

Looking through the comments I can see that the issues vary from store to store. I can't find my receipt> I live with a family of twits who have no regard for others property.

My battery is dead. I know it's the battery so will try to return to Walmart.

The issue here is when I purchased the battery Walmart entered my information into their computer so they have it.

Sheridan, Wyoming, United States #684342

Plenty of horror stories about Walmart not honoring their own Everstart battery warranties. I also was treated totally wrong, UNTIL I was given a toll free number for the "Everstart Battery Hotline." Apparently from about 2010 until May 2013 was the worst.

My suggestion to everyone having any trouble getting their Walmart store to correctly honor the warranty, especially the long-term pro-rated period (the MAX series was a 108 month warranty!!) just call this number: 1-888-387-8278, Everstart Battery Hotline.

And then don't take no as the answer from your local store. They MUST honor their warranties, and the people at that toll free number can make it happen.

Huntsville, Alabama, United States #574246

I bought a 57.00 atv battery from walmart in Guntersvile Al. and it lasted 3 months took it back and they said it was out of warranty and they wouldn't do anything about it. Never will i buy another battery from walmart , car truck atv none !!

Chantilly, Virginia, United States #556786

hey i purchased a battery and it went dead after 2 years and it was a 3 year battery and i went down there and they tested it and sure enough i got a replacement battery at no charge . it was at 7.00pm so i did get the good deal!!

my battery would have been 115.00 dollars for my bug!!

eap from belmont nc!! walmart i still will shop with you!!

to ladybug New York City, New York, United States #664095

Yes, But was it an ATV battery? From the cost it sounds like a car battery and then yes, the warranty is different than an ATV.

This post is for ATV batteries.

"Doesn't the 3yr warranty start over????"

No, only if its prorated.

I RECENTLY PURCHASED A EVERSTART BATTERY 0N 9/9/11 FROM WALMART, IT COMES WITH A 2YEAR REPLACEMENT WARRANTY. HOWEVER I

I LATER FIND OUT THAT YOU CANNOT GET A REPLACEMENT BATTERY AFTER 6PM.

WITH OR WITHOUT YOUR RECEIPT(WARRANTY) SO WHATS THE PURPOSE OF HAVING A RECEIPT IF THEY HAVE TO MAKE SURE ITS A BAD BATTERY.

SO YOUR INFORMATION MEANS NOTHING @ THE END OF THE DAY. AND YOUR STUCK THE FOLLING BUSINESS DAY BETWEEN THE HOURS OF 9AM-6PM IN ORDER TO GET YOUR BATTERY.

I took a battery back today that i have had for 55 months. The battery clearly states 108 months, and the cashier wanted to charge me full price.

any car battery purchased from walmart and guarenteed by everstart will have 2 stickers one is the date code,the other is a 2 or 3 year free replacement sticker,if those stickers are gone,its your loss,you need to have a register receipt,but,they dont tell you that when you put it into the plastic pouch that they are supposed to give you to attach to the side of the battery,the receipt is heat sensitive and when its in your engine compartment,it turns BLACK,always scan and copy your receipt and attach the copy to the battery,or,when you are stranded,you wont be able to get your replacement!i found that out 3 years ago,when i was stranded and at walmart,so,i had to have it prorated to the date on the sticker,i will kill my battery every 2 years and get a replacement from now on!

I purchased a EverStart Max 65-s battery with a 3 year FREE REPLACEMENT Warranty. The battery was 13 months old and because the price for the battery went up I had to pay the differance!

$ 14.01 is not free. I also had a problem with Sams on a tire. I had their LIFETIME Warranty. I had to pay $76.00 for their defective products.

Walmart should not advertise Free if it is pro rated on their price increase. I don't like Walmarts / Sams in TEXAS!

I bought a Maxx 1000 amp battery from Wal Mart for 72.94 and it went out 1 month after the "free 3 year replacement" period. I was told that i had to pay a proration fee for the one month over the three year period which amounted to 36 dollars for that one month.

The battery has a 108 month warranty which would have left lots of warranty to go.

I am at a loss to know if i am being cheated or how does this warranty work as they did not give me warranty papers showing any proration fees if needed to be prorated. How am i to know if i am being cheated?

#420122

Bought an everstart 3 yr 9/1/09

Battery failed at 9/1/11

Walmart replaced it under warranty

They removed date code sticker from the bad

battery and put it on the new one.

Doesn't the 3yr warranty start over????

to James Orlando, Florida, United States #535995

I bought an EverStart battery with a 3 year warranty sometime back in March 2010. Walmart in Summerfield Florida replaced it for me free today 8/30/12 without a receipt.

The new battery has a 3 year warranty sticker and a new purchase date sticker on it as well.

It appears as though I could bring this new battery back between now and 9/ 2015. Hoping they will honor this one for another 3 years as well.

to James Rocky Mount, North Carolina, United States #703118

If the three year warranty started over then you would in essence have a lifetime battery. Every three years you could get a new one.

Eventually no one would ever purchase a new one and the entire economy would collapse. Geez, that so selfish of you.

#419703

Dear Jeremy,

Maybe you should consider saving your receipt for major purchases like that? They have no idea if you just picked up that battery out of the junk yard or got it from a friend. You have to have proof of purchase or it can throw off their inventory and cost the store money.

I am a sales associate/cashier in the Tire and Lube express. The warranty policy is actually not Wal-marts.

The warranty policy is handed to us by Everstart and we have to follow it strictly. This includes all time changes. Although the warranty time changes only affect the batteries after the change is announced. The reason is that if a battery is deemed good when returned, everstart can get fined for recycling it.

The reason for this is good battery= good lead and sulfuric acid. These are both harmful to the environment but are corrosive to everything. This is why it is illegal to discard a battery in your back yard or trash can. I know a lot of batteries test charge required.

If this happens, let us test the battery Usually takes an hour to an hour and a half)and odds are it'll com back bad.

If not you know it is something with the vehicle. If that's the case, at least you know that it's the alternator or charging system, and thus can get them tested.

to Deven #739237

"The warranty policy is actually not Wal-marts. The warranty policy is handed to us by Everstart..."

Incorrect, actually.

Everstart is a brand name, not a company. That brand name is owned by Wal-Mart and all of the policies for the warranties are set forth by WM.