Salt Lake City, Utah
1.5

I was the only one to handle the alcohol, I was the one purchasing, and I had ID. My 28 year old pregnant daughter didn't have her ID on her, because SHE WASN'T THE ONE PURCHASING OR WANTING ALCOHOL, but they denied my sale because she didn't have ID.

They cited state law, yet I have been a cashier (yes, recently) in this state, and know of no such law. I asked if it applied if I had had my 9 year old daughter with me, and they said it didn't - only my adult kids without ID. WTF? I took my purchase elsewhere, and will never buy alcohol from Walmart again.

I literally spend thousands a year at this *** establishment, only for them to treat my middle aged *** like a criminal when trying to buy a *** Heineken. Manager was a *** too, citing state law, when I know *** well it is cashier discretion.

Product or Service Mentioned: Walmart Cashier.

Preferred solution: Stop pretending that cashier bias is state policy. I am too old for this crap, and will rely on Amazon and local markets more for my needs because of this..

Walmart Cons: Unprofessional management.

• Customer Dissatisfaction

Comments

LadyScot

As long as their policy does not violate the law, they can ID whoever they choose. What 28 year old woman goes to the store without ID? Not only is that lazy, it is ***.