Madison, Alabama
Not resolved
1 comment

I bought a set of 4 Goodyear viva tires at Walmart Jan 2015.Goodyear only makes these for Walmart.. no one else sells them.

Soon after I noticed the car had a vibration ... thought maybe the tires just need to get seated. Problem eventually got worse and car pulls to the left. Also noticed cupping and flat spots on tires..

went back to Walmart and they said they no longer sell viva 2's only viva 3's now, so They can not replace them without charging me again. I stated..Well, I would just like to have the 4 balanced again since my receipt stated" free lifetime balance". They pulled my car in, after about 20 mins the Shop manager said they can not touch the tires since they no longer sell them! He stated the problem could of been caused by my struts.

I told him my struts are fine and that irregular cupping can be caused by in correct balancing.I got the store manager involved, and he would not have them re balanced either, even though I had a receipt showing I am entitled to free lifetime balance. They instead tried to sell me another set of tires, even though the tread wear on this set on my tires was only about 30% worn.I used to be a ASE certified auto tech, before selling my bossiness. I will never buy any automotive items at Walmart again. They sell JUNK and do not stand behind any of their warranties.

Also I don't think many of their techs are even certified like most shops.

I have never had problems with Pep boys, NTB, or Discount tire, on my many previous tire purchases, or warranty work. Walmart has really went down hill!

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Monetary Loss: $400.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Walmart Cons: Junk products.

Do You Have Something To Say ?
Write a review

Comments is temporarily operating in read-only mode and users cannot make any changes to the information, publish comments or reviews. Please come back in a couple of minutes.

And apparently have no ethical concerns about committing fraud, which by the way is a felony. Get your local Attorney General involved