Resolved
2.1
Layout of Store

Update by user Dec 06, 2014

Thank you Greg and Denise for fixing the problem.

Original review posted by user Nov 27, 2014

I feel for the people that have to work Thanksgiving. But this is just the straw that broke the camels back.

I thought great a new laptop! One I can actually afford on my limited budget. Haven't had a new one since 2005. So after all the hassle I thought this is the only thing I'm after it will be good.

They were not in electronics. Was told to go stand in line for the $159.00 laptop in pets. I did what I was told. A lot of people cutted into the line.

Then the girl refused to give me a wristband and told me to go to the end of the line. I said I went where I was told to wait.1 hour earlier. Said okay, no big deal. Went back to what was now the end of the line.

Got back up there and they said we are all out. This is at 6pm. So how about the one hour guarantee? Was told It doesn't apply to this.

Wal-Mart has done this three times in the last year with certain items. I will never shop there again.

Guess they won't miss my $$$ dollars. The only way to rectify this is to send me a laptop at that price.

Review about: Walmart Deal.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

You cut in line. Grow up and accept responsibility for your immature actions.

You get no sympathy here. There are people starving to death in the world and you are complaining about not getting your laptop.

to Anonymous #909021

You said this to someone without reading what they wrote. What a ***.

Looks to me like she did what she was supposed to do. Walmart had a lot of problems doing this on Thanksgiving.

to Anonymous Orange, California, United States #909488

I think it is you who does not read, this child claimed a "girl" asked her to get in the end of the line, she would not have said this if the person had not cut in line. This is logical thinking that even a six year old can easily do.

Orange, California, United States #908025

You have no right to call an adult a girl when you cannot even defend yourself. It is not their fault people cut in line, you should have had mommy speak up and defend you.

to KevinRichards #908265

Any young person is a girl or a boy to me. Not a sexist or racist thing. Be part of the solution not the problem.

to Anonymous Orange, California, United States #908425

Most likely the fact that you need mommy to defend you shows that you are younger than them and should not be calling them a girl or a boy.

For more than 35 + years I have been a faithful shopper of Walmart. Unfortunately, My husband and I went to Black Thursday at the Madera, Walmart in CA..

It should have been named Terrible Thursday. The item I needed to buy on sale at 8 p.m. wast the $159.00 laptop, it had been in 2006 that I last was able to afford a laptop, which I happened to purchase for over $600.00 at the time from the same store. Due to my hearing and heart problem our budget is very small and limited now for anything like this.

So I was excited that we could finally afford a new laptop. We arrived shortly near 5p.m. Went straight to electronics and asked where the line for the Laptop would be. Told to got to pets.

The other side of the store. Okay, the Associate said to go stand in the line that wrapped back around. My husband stood in one part of the line and I went to the other end because no one said which end was which. I asked people in line if this was the correct place to be and was assured by them it was.

I even asked another associate and got the yes you are in the right place. So when they started handing out wristbands some people cut into the line. I waited when a young man walked in front of me and said excuse me I was here way before you were. One of the two associates then refused to give me a wristband and said I had to go back to the end of the line, I'm like what?

I stood here the place where I was told to be, didn't cut in front of those I waited with, but I had to go back to the back of the now longer line. Okay, so I did. saw my husband with possibly five people standing behind him. I told him what happened.

Oh, well no big deal, everyones in line and it is several hours early before we can get it so after we get the wristband we will do some other shopping. Got up to where I was before in line 1 person ahead and were told sorry. ARE YOU SERIOUS???? I asked about the 1 hour guarantee, was sent back to electronics.

Electronics said not for that. Asked about a rain check, no. Then we decided to go home after all the long waits and hassle, for something that was to go on sale at 8pm, but sold out around 6pm. They need to print we have X number at this store of an item.

We didn't buy anything and was blocked from leaving. This is nuts! Walmart needs to make this right by us or we will never shop there again. I will be waiting for the management to e-mail me/ FB message me or snail mail me about when to pick up that laptop.

Until then I will not shop there. This is the third time they have done this.

to Anonymous Orange, California, United States #908026

So the man, and the associates are all lying. There is only one end of the line, the fact that you and your husband were in different parts of the line shows that you did cut in line.

There is only one line. Common sense you learn in kindergarten would make you automatically know that the number of laptops are limited. Also in kindergarten they teach you not to cut in line.

Guess you were absent that day. You are not getting your laptop.

to KevinRichards #908269

No I don't think anyone was lying there. It was a bad thing for Wal-mart to do in the first place.

*pm sale sold out at 6pm. Not fair to anyone from all the complaints I have read. Your manners also need much improvement when speaking to people Kevin. The should also have posted the number at the store of how many they had all together of certain items.

The associates told her where to stand and she followed directions given to her.

You Kevin are rude and ignorant.

to Lucy1 Orange, California, United States #908426

People need to earn respect. The wife clearly cut in line.

There is only one big line, not two lines, since the wife and husband were in separate parts of the line the wife was the one cutting in line. Learning to wait at the back of the line and not cutting in line is something taught in kindergarten. The wife is the one rude and ignorant.

The associates told her where the line was but she cut in line. If she is going to act like she is six years old then she will be treated like she is six years old.

to Lucy1 #909014

No, I didn't cut in front of anyone. I did what I was told to do by the associates and with those I waited in line with.

I was assured by people that I was waiting in the correct place, as I am elderly. From all of the other complaints posted on their site about Terrible Thursday, others had the same problem. I also understand about supply and demand. However, some people that are arm chair hypocritics that assume they know the whole thing can post assine remarks.

Unfortunately, they have to think that they can insult me in the first place.

Which shows little intelligence on their part.

to Anonymous Springdale, Arkansas, United States #908994

Lady, you are one of the reasons that I will never live in California. You are a big baby.

to Anonymous #909022

...and why I will never live in Arkansas.

to Anonymous Orange, California, United States #909489

If you are in two places of the line one of you cut in, it is obvious that you thought the other customers would accept it because you are old and female.