1226 US Highway 1, Vero Beach, FL 32960
3.5
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

Unbelievable. I went in to Walmart Grocery at 11:00PM when the Scan machines were down and they had one two cashiers open to buy a bag of chips that costed $1.98 after taxes and it took both of them 20 minutes to give me dirty looks and miscount 200 pennies.

I should have asked for a refund afterward! This cashier was so rude i mean I used to be a cashier and i'd have counted out five dollars for a customer and they were lousy and seriously bent way out of shape just because it was two hundred pennies.

They make at least ten dollars an hour. I hate people

Product or Service Mentioned: Walmart Cashier.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Walmart Pros: Great prices and convenient location.

Walmart Cons: Way i was spoken to, Poor customer service reps.

• prejudice
  • Poor Service Skills

Comments

SEVERAL TIMES IN MY LIFE I HAVE BEEN IN A SITUATION WHERE I WAS PAYING FOR SOMETHING WITH A HUGE AMOUNT OF PENNIES AND THE KIND PERSON BEHIND ME IN LINE WOULD HAND THE CASHIER SOME PAPER MONEY AND TELL ME THAT THEY WERE PAYING FOR MY PURCHASE AND THAT I COULD JUST KEEP MY CHANGE. I SURE DID APPRECIATE THEIR KINDNESS.

THANK YOU! (YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!)

I just found out that the Fred's Super Dollar that the manager "Miss Maria" worked at is shutting it's doors due to a lack of enough business. I know that they lost all of my business because of the way that they treated me and I am sure that many other people quit going for the same reason. All the people that stopped shopping there could have possibly made the difference between the store closing and it remaining open.

Yes, you are unbelievable. Why would anyone with an ounce of common sense got to a store with 200 pennies?

Put the loose change you don't use in a jar. When the jar is full take it to your bank and deposit it.

@Anonymous

Are you kidding me? If you can't count up 200 pennies ($2) then you shouldn't be a cashier.

Tehy're in he business of making money, and that involves customer relaions. I go in there two or three times per week and spend $2-300 dollars in a month. They know my face, that's why the manager didn't refuse my tender.

When I was a cashier, i'd have counted out $5- $10 if I had to for the customer just so they could get their item. How Dare You

@Anonymous

Face it, it's just plain rude and inconsiderate of other customers and cashiers to expect them to count hundreds of pennies. It would be one thing if you were a child spending pennies from your piggy bank but if you are old enough to have been a cashier you should know better.

200? You are unbelievable. I told her they were there, you're just a ***

@Anonymous

Stale brains as a cashier, huh? She was no older than I, 25, and maybe younger.

It was less than an hour to close get over yourself. You are wrong, F*&^%#

@Anonymous

I was a cashier in the past. "I told her they were there" doesn't keep you from being written up when your drawer is short because you trusted the wrong customer.

@Anonymous

I HAVE GONE TO PAY WITH A BUNCH OF PENNIES BEFORE AND I TOLD THE CASHIER THAT I HAD COUNTED IT ALL UP TWICE AND HOW MUCH I WAS PUTTING DOWN. OFTEN, THEY WOULD SIMPLY JUST TAKE MY WORD FOR IT AND QUICKLY SCOOP ALL OF IT UP AND PUT IT IN THE TILL.

I WAS ALWAYS HONEST AND WOULD NEVER TRY TO PULL A FAST ONE BY SAYING THAT IT WAS MORE THAN I PUT DOWN.

IT SAVED THEM ALOT OF TIME BY NOT HAVING TO COUNT IT. MOST OF THE TIME, I WOULD COUNT IT EVEN THREE TIMES, JUST TO MAKE SURE THAT IT WAS THE CORRECT AMOUNT.