Florida City, Florida

On May 1st 2015 night I bought a 60 inch element hd led tv and when I opened the box there was a 50 inch inside. I took it back to the store the manager in the floor said she did not have authority to exchange to come back the next day.

I went back the next day and the manager said he had no authority since their was a different item inside the box. The Walmart manager also stated that it was manufacturer responsibility. I called the manufacturer and they at least had the courtesy to open a case and said the store would have to exchange. The manager once again said he had no authority to make a decision.

I called walmart customer service and the operator said that it is the manager who can help. I finally looked at the manager in the eyes and asked firmly if he had the authority to help me. He finally confessed and said yes he can make a decision and his desicion was not to exchange. I left in disbelieve not only for myself but how many others fall victim to this individual.

His credibility is none after he lied. I demand respect, I demand results. I ended going to best buy and buying another tv.

I'm stuck with a tv that doesn't even and is not the one I paid for. Is this the kind of treatment customers get?

Walmart Cons: Customer service, Wrong item inside.

Comments

I know someone who had this happen also. I always check to see if original packing is intact.

He wouldn't exchange because there was no proof that you didn't switch the TV yourself. People attempt that all the time.

A company can't just give you another TV without that proof.

If they did, they would be out of business in no time because of so many dishonest people. Its bad business.

Pleo

"Let me spend hundreds of dollars on a box without knowing the contents. LOL"

Yeah, I'm expected to believe this?

Either you're lying or you're ***. Pick one.

You have to open the packaging on everything before you buy. I do.

I find a lot of stuff broken or missing parts. Sometimes I have to open 2 or 3 packs to find a good one. There is no quality control at these stores. Buyer beware.

Especially if the item has been retaped. Open it up.

Then you have no surprises later. Anyway, I'll take the 50 inch off your hands.