Apollo, Pennsylvania

I have been shopping at my local Walmart Savoy, Illinois for over 10 years. I rarely exchange or return items.

Today, my husband and I went into the store to exchange our Kindle Fire. We had the box, all the packaging, the receipt and we had bought a protection plan on it. My husband went to exchange it while I shopped for some other things. He came and found me and said they called a manager and he said no.

One day out of the return policy. It had been 16 days since we bought it. I was unaware that the policy in electronics is 15 days. Okay, I have the protection plan so that should cover it.

I went back to the counter myself. I have been in retail for 20+ years and I thought trying to take care of the customer is the goal. I know in my company we do whatever it takes to keep our customers.

The clerk called a manager, Chris. I waited for over 20 minutes for him to arrive.

She paged him at least 3 times. About 5 employees walked back and forth around the counter commenting on how they were sure Chris heard the page, that he is just not responding, rolling their eyes like this is common. I asked, is there no other manager working today? I know in my store we have at least 5 decision making managers working today.

Walmart, as big as it is, and they have one manager working on a Sunday. Insane! Chris could not even act like a human, but acted like a robot just repeating the policy over and over. He needs a good lesson on customer service if he is going to survive retail.

What I don't understand is the reason I purchased the protection plan in the first place is so I could deal with my local store and not go through a manufacturer.

Someone needs to look into the customer service in that store and the scheduling. I like my Sundays off too, but this is retail.

Product or Service Mentioned: Walmart Replacement.

Comments

For someone who supposedly managed their own store your reading skills and math skills are poor.

First of all 16 days is one day late. Any first grader knows 16 is larger than 15.

Chris had to act like a "robot" because you could not understand that one day late is still late.

"What is the point of buying protection when it doesn't protect it and it isn't convenient for the customer? Now I will be without my Kindle for probably 2 weeks while I wait for a replacement."

The store only covers up to 15 days , after this the company that makes the product must replace it. If you were telling the truth about how long you worked in retail you would know this by now.

The OP failed to deliver her point. It sounds to me like the original kindle was broken.

The problem is that Walmart sells you the protection plan but if the item is under manufacturers warranty the protection plan won't touch it.

You have to ship it and wait, etc. most protection plans are billed as no hassle but this isn't the case with walmarts.

IHateStupidCustomers

well, Jedi has some good points about MrsLea. I think that could be a very good reason why she hates Walmart, her janitor husband can't get promoted.

who would bash on their own husband's job? pretty sad and pathetic.

"And don't get mad just because the manager wasn't in his office waiting for someone to call him with a difficult customer. He probably had other things to do like, I don't know...MANAGE THE STORE? The world doesn't revolve around you."

Or deal with other idiots such as the OP who were in line before her throwing a temper tantrum because he won't change the rules just for them.

15 days is industry standard for electronic item returns. If you know so much about retail, I'm surprised you didn't know that.

So, what would be your suggestion to fix this problem? 15 days for everyone else and 16 for you? Not likely.

What is really full of bull is your story. If you really had been a customer for over ten years you would know their policy. You were a day late and they don't have to make an exception for you. What you need to do is grow up and realize that the world does not revolve around you. There are rules and you must follow them.

In your company I am sure that you would do the same thing if an arrogant customer such as yourself tried to get by the policy.

20 minutes is not a long wait. I am sure that Chris had to deal with other *** like you who expected them to bend the rules for them. Again you have to wait your turn since the world does not revolve around you.

Maybe he had to act like a robot and read the policy to you because you don't know how to read yourself or because you are so full of yourself that you think they should change the rules JUST FOR YOU.

MrsLea is just angry at Walmart because they don't promote her husband from janitor. Why else would she badmouth a company her husband works for.(assuming she has one). I mean to bash your husband's company is not royal.

You do realize it is your husband who makes these rules people don't like right MrLea?

This is funny. You do not know as much about retail as you think. The protection plan would only be useful if it was defective. If it's been 16 days and the policy is 15 days you cannot simple override it. NO MEANS NO!

If you really worked in the retail business as you say you would understand how vital it was to stick to the policy. You would also do what I do is read every receipt because on there it list the return POLICY.

This is on you, not WALMART.

MrsLea

I have never stolen anything thank you very much

IHateStupidCustomers

haha wow I laughed at how ridiculous this story is. the replacement plan isn't done in the store and I don't care if you're an hour past the return date.

rules and policies are there for a reason. just because you used to bend the rules and cheat the system when you worked retail doesn't mean they'll do the same for you. next time, find out the stores policies instead of assuming that they'll do anything that you want. they did what they were allowed to do.

it isn't worth getting in trouble by breaking their policies just to keep a stubborn *** like you to keep going back to their store.

as for MrsLea01, you really need to learn when to quit with your fake stories.

the reason why you get searched is because you steal from Walmart and use your home office husband as an excuse. you belong in prison for harassing employees, stealing store products and trying to get a store to break their policies for you.

Call and ask to speak to the store manager. Wal-Mart managers have a high turnover rate and minimal training with actual people.

They aren't the last call on a situation. Neither is the store manager.

1-800-Wal-Mart is the last solution. Now that you're aware of the misunderstanding with policies and such they should take care of your situation.

MrsLea

Trying to return anything to Walmart is like entering prison. You are unshackled, stripped and cavity searched, hosed down, and then led to your cell.

people need to learn how to read to avoid problems like this.

AWWWW... Did the manager make you feel like everyone else when he wouldn't make an exception for you?

The Protection Plan is not an extended return policy.

You had your chance to return the product and you missed it. And what if he did make an exception just to make you feel special? Does that mean he would have to make an exception for 17 days? 18 days?

30 days? 60 days?