Mebane, North Carolina
4.5

I bought a 47' Vizio TV about 2 years ago, and it has 'almost' died - I get audio, but no video. Technician came to my home to confirm that the TV itself is faulty (as opposed to having been damaged, etc.) I have been assured that it will be replaced with a NEW unit, as Walmart does not use refurbished electronics as replacements.

The bad news is I lost my receipt, but fortunately I purchased the TV with my Walmart credit card. I thought that because I bought a protection plan, Walmart would have a record of it somewhere, but they do not. I couldn't get a copy of my 2-yr-old statement from the website (and I don't have a paper copy because I went paperless from the beginning), so I called customer support. They found the statement with the TV and protection plan purchase on it, and will send me a copy.

According to the representative I spoke with, it will 30 to 40 days (yes, at least a MONTH) for me to get the statement copy, which I will have to send to the support group (Asurion).

Means it will be at least a month before I can get the replacement TV. Other than that, I have had NO problems with the protection plan process.

Reason of review: I can get service even though I lost my receipt..

Walmart Pros: Fast courteous service.

Comments

I bought a 55 vizio something popped then lines on screen I bought this Tv in February 2016 an purchased the care plan no Walmart says ive had it 90 days An they cant exchange it I have my sales slip why purchase that extra protection ? Cause I have pay for shipping to send a big tv with no box buyers Walmart care plan is a ripe off