Verified Reviewer

Junior Reviewer
Resolved
1.7
Poster decreased review rating.

Update by user Jul 03, 2021

Nothing. Not a peep. They just pretended it never happened, including their violation of the American Disability Act..

Original review posted by user Jun 02, 2021

On June 1, 2021, I attempted to purchase a few items from the walmart.com website, where I have an account for many years, and got an error message at the second step (confirming shipping address): We're having trouble with your request. Please wait a moment and then try again.

I did and tried again a dozen times between June 1 and 2. I also:

Cleaned the cache

Deleted and re-entered all my account information (payment methods, addresses, etc)

Attempted to finish the purchase using other browsers (Opera, Chrome, Firefox and Vivaldi)

Used three different computers

The result was the same. I contacted Walmart through their social media accounts (twitter and facebook) and also, through the chat system, requesting email contact. There is a reason for me to try all the written communication channels: I have hyperacusis and phone sound (voice plus background) causes extreme pain.

I explained this in my messages. The representatives who exchanged emails with me disregarded this and requested that I call a certain number. I replied that I wouldnt do it, that this was a violation of the American Disability Act and also of the client-company contract that Walmart has with me. I do not have a problem with an order.

Walmart has an IT problem and its not the first one: their delivery notification emails have been a mess (notifying the customer of a delivery already made three days before, for example) for a long time and some pharmacy orders dont get through.

The emails I received were signed by six people (I am sure the names are fake and maybe its just one staff member), all of which kept insulting me by not reading the previous email and writing absurd things, such as references to some failed order and not a server problem.

Therefore, this is what I demand:

I want my account working as before or as a store website works. Simple.

This does not require talking to me because there is no further information to provide or troubleshooting steps to take;

A formal apology from Walmart on their behalf and on behalf of the following representatives: Akber, Antony, Muhammad, Lashan, Lavanya, Abhijit

Walmart has had information about me for almost a decade. I demand a responsible attitude from the company and that they fix their technical issues without saving their time at the expense of mine.

User's recommendation: Use online shopping alternatives as much as possible, just not Amazon because they are worse.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Walmart Pros: Largest online store - lots of options, Availablity of products.

Walmart Cons: Largest online store - calls for anti-trust measures, Lack of effort to keep the patrons healthy, How i have been treated, No concern for customers.

Comments