Clayton, North Carolina

THE PERCENTAGE OF TIMES THAT THE RIDING CARTS FOR THE HANDICAPPED ARE FUNCTIONING PROPERLY IS UNBELIEVABLY LOW (I COULD NOT EVEN BEGIN TO ESTIMATE NUMBERS BUT I DARE SAY WELL OVER 50% DO NOT WORK PROPERLY.) WE (AT LEAST 2 OF US HAVE CALLED THE CORP OFFICE IN ARKANSAS ALSO TO REPORT THIS AND TO VIRTUALLY TO AVAIL. AND WHEN WE GET "STUCK" IN THE BACK OF THE STORE WITH ONE THAT HAS STOPPED ON US EMPLOYEES EITHER IGNORE US OR ACTUALLY MAKE JOKES ABOUT IT!!!! FUNNY? I THINK NOT! RECENTLY I WAS IN THERE AND HAD THE RARE GOOD FORTUNE OF HAVING ONE THAT MADE IT ALL OF THE WAY THROUGH THE STORE WITHOUT MALFUNCTIONING. I REPORTED TO THE CASHIER (SARCASTICALLY, I ADMIT) THAT THEY MIGHT WANT TO REPORT IT TO MANAGEMENT. IT MUST HAVE SOMETHING WRONG. IT HAD MADE IT ALL THE WAY THROUGH THE STORE WITHOUT SHUTTING DOWN. I FIGURED SOMETHING HAD GONE WRONG FOR THAT HAPPEN.

ALSO THEY ARE SO UNDERSTAFFED THAT YOU ALMOST FEEL GUILTY ASKING THEM FOR HELP. I WAS PURCHASING SOMETHING FROM ELECTRONICS RECENTLY AND DID NOT HAVE THE HEART TO ASK ALL OF THE QUESTIONS I WANTED TO BECAUSE THE PERSON COVERING THAT DEPT (AND AT LEAST ONE OR MORE OTHER DEPTS. AS WELL WAS) SO BUSY I COULDN'T BRING MYSELF TO FURTHER BURDEN HIM.

I NEEDED HELP IN SHOES AND HAD TO GO ALL OF THE WAY TO JEWELRY TO GET ASSISTANCE. SHE WAS EXTREMELY NICE BUT EXPLAINED SHE WAS COVERING 3 DEPARTMENTS AND WAS SORRY I HAD TO WAIT FOR HER FOR A FEW MINUTES.

THEY ARE DOWN TO A SKELETON CREW AND SEEM TO CONSISTANTLY LET MOST OF THEIR BEST EMPLOYEES GO. WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON THERE.

I KEEP HOPING THAT WHEN THEY START THEIR "GOING OUT OF BUSINESS SALE" (THAT MUST BE INEVITABLE!) THEY WILL HAVE SOME REALLY GOOD BUYS SO THOSE OF US WHO HAVE SUFFERED THROUGH THEIR RAPID DECLINE THE PAST 3 OR 4 YEARS WILL AT LEAST REAP SOME BENEFITS!

I'LL STOP NOW, NOT BECAUSE I HAVE RUN OUT OF COMMENTS/COMPLAINTS BUT MY FINGERS ARE GETTING TIRED!

Product or Service Mentioned: Walmart Cashier.

Comments

Why don't you just buy your own cart then? If you are truly disabled, you should have no problem getting one.

Problem solved. I bet you're starting to feel more independant already.

#632073

IF YOU CAN WALK YOUR A.-S.-S. FROM YOU CAR TO THE STORE THEN YOU AREN'T HANDICAPPED!

AS I SAID BEFORE THE MORE YOU PEOPLE RELY ON THOSE ELECTRIC CARTS THE MORE YOU WILL NEED THEM, THE EXERCISE WILL DO YOU ALL SOME GOOD, I DON'T UNDERSTAND IF YOU ARE CAPABLE OF WALKING FROM YOUR CAR INTO THE STORE THEN WHY DEPRIVE SOMEONE WHO CAN'T WALK OF THE ELECTRIC CARTS. I HAVE WITNESSED AN MAN WITH BOTH LEGS AMPUTATED HAVE TO PARK IN A REGULAR PARKING SPOT AND AS HE WAS WHEELING HIMSELF IN HIS WHEELCHAIR PASTED THE HANDICAPPED PARKING SPOTS SOMEONE THAT PARKED IN THAT SPOT HAD A CARD ON THEIR REVIEW MIRROR HOPPED OUT OF THEIR CAR AND BRISKLY WALKED PAST THE AMPUTEE AND INTO THE STORE...SO WHO WAS REALLY HANDICAPPED THE AMPUTEE IN A WHEELCHAIR OR THE WOMAN THAT ALMOST RAN INTO THE STORE?

SHE REALLY NEEDED THAT HANDICAP PARKING SPOT DIDN'T SHE..NOT! SHAME ON YOU PEOPLE DEPRIVING TRULY HANDICAPPED PEOPLE FROM THEIR PARKING SPOTS & THE ELECTRIC CARTS.

#632056

I use the electric carts at WalMart, and yes they do quit running on occasion. I have never had any trouble finding an employee to go and get another one for me to use.

Since they did away with the door greeters there has been a couple times that I have ended up using three different carts to get all of my shopping done. After the second or their time I called the store and spoke to one of the managers(not even the head manager) and complained about it and his reply was that should never happen and he would have the people working in the front of the store keep a better eye on them, make sure the ones that were fully charged were in one area and make sure the others were all plugged in. As far as the lack of employees goes, you do know that when you want to buy something in electronics you can research it online and not have to bother a store employee with a bunch of questions. Plus if you are truly handicapped, it would be easier for you to order some things online, or have somebody else pick it up for me.

Another thing the number of employees available depends on the time of day that you are in there. I go really early in the morning to avoid the crowds, and at that time of the day they are in the process of changing shifts. Also there has been a few times when I have called over there and asked for a certain department and had to wait, then when a person comes on the phone, he/she will apologize and say that they were covering other departments because some employees were on a meal break. In your opinion, isn't that supposed to happen?

As far as having to wait a FEW MINUTES in the shoe department goes, are you so busy that a few minutes hurt the rest of your day---it isn't like you had to stand and wait, you did have a place to sit. When I use those carts, whenever I stop for a little while I put my feet down on the floor because that allows me to stretch my legs a little bit, so my knees don't get too stiff. This is for So_sad, not every body that uses those carts are fat and lazy.

I have seen some really skinny people using them too. Also a disability doesn't have to be visible.

#632026

I don't know why I said that about the caps lock...I think it is *** that people foolishly think that caps lock means yelling and act like they are being yelled...when I don't hear anything. If you are handicapped then why don't you have a wheelchair or scooter yourself..do you have someone carry into the store or do you walk?

You know the more you use and depend on those the more you will actually need them. The exercise will do you good.