Minneapolis, Minnesota
2.0

I went to Walmart yesterday to buy groceries. Working in retail myself, I buy the Weight Watchers Smart Ones frozen meals, but I don't eat them everyday.

My work hours vary, so I don't always get the time to cook. When I got to the checkout, I noticed the lady was frowning at the frozen meals so I asked her what the problem was. She then asked me why I was buying such unhealthy food when I could actually cook the same things at home. I felt that was very rude and told her what I buy and what I eat is nobody's business but my own.

I spoke to a manager before I left and the manager said she would talk to the cashier, but she did not apologize.

It makes me wonder if the manager even spoke to her. All I'm going to say is that the cashier needs to work on her customer service and people skills.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Walmart Pros: Prices.

Walmart Cons: Rude employee.

Comments

Mike_mn

You must be sensitive about this for some reason. The cashier could have meant it as a friendly comment.

I would have taken it as just a comment, if not a slightly inappropriate one. And I would have responded quite firmly that I simply don't have time.

What I've found that is very fast and easy AND a very High quality frozen dinner, are the Birds Eye Voila! frozen dinner in bags.

They are very tasty, the meats and vegetable are of a high quality, and, are quick 12-18 minutes depending on type. Much better than a frozen dinner in my opinion.

Did the manager make the nasty comment, nope so why should he or she apologize?

bobs2015

I suspect the cashier took one look at your obvious bulk, then at the TV dinners and tried to give you a helpful hint regarding proper eating. This happens on occasion and was meant to be helpful. That chip on your shoulder is getting bigger and bigger.

@bobs2015

I agree, especially when they expect an apology from someone who did not do anything wrong.

@fistedface