I have written checks to Walmart for years. They have not bounced.

My bank is located INSIDE Walmart. I tried to write a check last night for groceries and dog food totalling $35. My check was declined.

Their check service said they could not give me a reason, it could have been that I was buying items that are frequently fraudulently purchased (lunch meat, bread, milk, vegetables, and dog food?) or that my account did not have sufficient history to warrant a purchase of that amount, even though I've had the account for over 5 years and write checks to cover my house note and car payment every month that are 10 to 20 times that amount which have never bounced? Walmart has lost my business forever.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Comments

Springdale, Arkansas, United States #1195283

People who still write checks this day in age and then blames the institution instead of the bank (who is really at fault). Grow up! Get a debit card!

Coon Rapids, Minnesota, United States #1194716

So Walmart is supposed to just accept your check after it's declined? Good grief.

snugglegirl05
Houston, Texas, United States #1190797

OP:

What are you going to do when you go to an entirely different business, write a check for what you want to buy, and your check is declined?

Are you going to complain about that as well?

Are you going to state that you will never return to that particular business as well?

You really need to contact your bank first about the problem.

snugglegirl05
Houston, Texas, United States #1190737

OP:

The bank inside Walmart is not part of Walmart. That bank is just leasing an area inside that particular Walmart.

Walmart does not have a bank period.

So you need to contact your bank regarding this.