On January 11th 2013 I purchased a television from Wal-mart. Paid for it in cash $200.00 and the rest on my debit card.

As I was walking away from the cashier’s desk the box came open at the bottom, I asked an employee if I could exchange it; as I was right in front of the display that I originally picked it up from to purchase it, she told me to go back to the desk. I went back to the cashier that sold me the television and explained that the box ripped open at the bottom and would like to exchange it since I didn’t know if anything might have fallen out and could be missing some parts.

The cashier that sold me the television took it and told me to get another one from the display pile. I asked if I needed to come back to her with it and she said no, just get another one you have your receipt. I did just that.

As I was walking out of the store two aggressive and forceful Wal-mart employees accosted me in the foyer and told me to get back inside. I showed them the receipt and explained what happened. They got rough and scared me and ordered me back into the store and directed me to the service desk and told me not to move or go anywhere and left. The Service desk employee asked me what was going on…… I again explained to the service desk what went down, she was confused and thought that I was bringing it back in for a refund or exchange. Now, I reiterated the event and she told me to go back to the cashier and retrieve the original purchase and bring it back to her. Made no sense to me but I complied. I told the cashier that the front desk wanted that original television, she replied that she checked its contents and no parts were missing and re-taped it and put it back on display. She took me there and showed me which one it was.

I took it back to the service desk. The employee opened it and checked its contents to see if I had put anything inside either box, the original purchased one and the one I was stopped at the door with. She then cleared me and I left the store and put the television in my vehicle. I was livid by now.

I returned to the store and asked to speak to the manager. Again went through the story and he apologized and assured me that he will have a talk with his security and gave me a $50.00 gift card for my troubles and humiliation.

I contact Wal-mart immediately upon retuning home via their web site with this encounter, abuse of power, wrongful detention and intimidation and right down threatening. I never received a response. Few days later repeated the web site contact and again no response. I have tried to contact Wal-mart ever since on a few occasions fruitlessly. I finally posted my complaint on Face Book and on their advertising site and received an acknowledgement and that someone will contact me. Nothing yet.

Product or Service Mentioned: Walmart Manager.

Comments

@ the original poster

That had to be a very embarrassing situation. I am very sorry to hear that you had a bad experience.

Wal-Mart sucks, and I hope it goes out of business!

PERIOD! :(

What more would you like for them to do? He apologized and gave you a $50.00 gift card.

What else are you expecting to happen?

He said he would talk with security about the incident. Its over, let it rest already.