Christopher W Hyu

Walmart - Horrible customer service - Image 3
Walmart - Horrible customer service - Image 4
Walmart - Horrible customer service - Image 5
Updated by user Sep 29, 2023

Someone at the location posted a response saying we were not too bright.

Original review Sep 29, 2023
My name is Christopher Washington and I have a concern I feel need to be addressed. My wife and I shop at the Hammond location on Cabelas drive.

I recently received coupons from Post cereal for their Malt-O-Meal. One coupon was for up to $7.00 and the other was for 1 dollar off. When we went to self checkout the coupons would not work but the lovely lady took of the items and told us to go to customer service so that they could punch in the codes. We went to customer service and a very nice gentleman helped us out.

He took the coupons and validated that they were not expired. He then then punched in the coupons and they were excepted. When I went to pay he needed a override since he wasnt a supervisor. This is where things went left.

The front end team lead named Faith came over and flexed her authority to the guy who needed a override. She didnt get smart with him but her demeanor to him and to me and my wife was in my mind very unprofessional. Faith never spoke to me nor my wife. She comes over and he explains to her about the coupons and she saw that the transaction went through but he needed the override.

She asked about the coupons and he told her that everything went through so she just needed to do the override. Faith cancels my transaction and takes the coupons out of the drawer and proceeds to leave with the coupons saying that they issues with coupons. After a few minutes she returns with the coupons and does the same thing the male employee did. I can honestly say that in my mind there is no way other people have not complained about her in the past.

Very rude and unprofessional. In my opinion the phrases (hello, thank you, how may I help you, have a great day, is there anything else I can help you with and sorry the difficulty using the coupons) are not in her vocabulary . To my wife and I it seems as if she thought something nefarious was going on with our coupons. There was no need to cancel our transaction, take the coupons and leave.

Her excuse of theyve been having issues doesnt make sense. I understand that she is a leader but I saw no leadership in my interaction with her. The way she treated the young man and the way she treated my wife and I seems to be a accurate reflection of others who complained. How can any member of management read the Google, Yelp, Facebook and BBB complaints and still take no actions to give your employees better training.

I say that after reading the reviews where other customers complained about the same thing yet its still happening. Maybe its because their attitude is a reflection of the store manager. Im just speaking on the location in Hammond. I know its not as bad at the second Hammond location and at the schererville location .

The least she could have done was explain the issue and why she took the steps she took. Since she decided to have no contact with the customers we have no choice but to assume that she left with are coupons thinking we were trying to scam your company. Those assumptions could have been dispelled by her simply doing her job in a professional fashion by SPEAKING to customers. I love shopping at Walmart but we are talking about two coupons.

Not even a smile or take care. This isnt the first time Ive complained about the service at this location. What reason did she have to take our coupons, leave with them and cancel our transaction? My 2 boxes of malt o meal were $4.99 each and I had a up to $7 off and a $1 dollars off.

I paid $3.98 for the boxes and it shouldnt have been that at all. After the coupons were applied and my total should have been the remaining 2 dollars and tax. In my math thats $2.14 not $3.98. That price is more than likely the full price tax which I shouldnt have been included.

You guys have to do better with the people you have leading others. The unprofessional attitude is never good for business. Faith was rude to the guy helping us. Matter of fact everyone was professional but Faith.

My wife first words to me about her after we left was I guess she had to prove something . Those words out of her mouth should have been nice professional leader . I would provide the receipt but I dont see that option on this platform.
The very next day after writing my complaint I received a email stating that Walmart reviewed my complaint and posted a response. The response was tell my wife and I how stupid and dumb we are.

Apparently the employee was spoken to by management and shown my complaint. I believe that the same employee went on the website and addressed the issue of the coupon deduction by saying that my wife and I are not that smart and broke down to me about how the coupon works. No one ever addressed the issue of her taking my property and walking away with it after canceling my transaction. For this reply to come from Walmart is beyond me.

What you are reading now is my public review and will be post in the public section. I say that because the email from pissed consumers said that you have received a response from Walmart. There is no doubt that this was done by her.

When I spoke to pissed consumers, they told me that the person who responded could only respond if they had access through Walmart to post. The only people who can post a reply to me would be a employee from Walmart.
Loss:
Pros:
  • Great place to shop financially
Cons:
  • Worst customer service ever

Preferred solution: Apology for calling my wife and I not too smart and compensation for the direct insult made against me and my wife.

User's recommendation: Don’t ship at this location as long as they continue to hire unprofessional employees who know nothing about good customer service

Guest

This manager does not sound professional. They used to be more like that but apparently this company has to scrap the bottom of the barrel for its employees. People do not want to work for the low wages they pay

Guest

So by responding to this complaint, I must work at Walmart in Hammond, Indiana? Over the past week, I have also been accused of working at Guy Fieri's restaurant in Branson, Missouri and I am also apparently the GM at a hotel property somewhere in California.

D@***n! I am good!

Denetra Eyn
reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2399309

He is too stupid to know that no one from the company knows about his post. Kids these days.

reply icon Replying to comment of Denetra Eyn

His accusatory comments are gone, I see. I guess he felt so stupid, he asked for his comments be removed.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2399309

So stop trolling you idiot

Guest

Not true. Any person can respond to your post.

Just as you can respond to any other post. Try it.

Go to another post and hit comment and type something. You can be mad at Walmart but they did not respond to your post the other day.

Guest

Now you are just making things up. This is a public forum with complaints for thousands of companies.

Anyone can respond . Walmart doesn’t read this site.

View more comments (6)
Erica S Aro

Absurd Hassle for Refund

Walmart - Absurd Hassle for Refund
Walmart - Absurd Hassle for Refund - Image 2
Walmart - Absurd Hassle for Refund - Image 3
Walmart - Absurd Hassle for Refund - Image 4
Walmart - Absurd Hassle for Refund - Image 5

The problem is that I still have not received my refund after an extremely long, tedious, draining, stressful, exhausting amount of time fighting for it. Everything about this particular refund process has been difficult and hurtful.

I am simply a customer who bought an item around Christmas that didnt work and sought to return item. According to the proof of delivery, Walmart received the item back January 12th. The refund was approved but still nothing. Now I am facing being thrown around to different departments and multiple hangs ups, as no one seems to be able to help refund me.

Supervisors have hung up on me and failed to help. They keep sending me to a ghost department whom no one can speak to. It feels as if I am just being stalled out until I give up. This is extremely unfortunate, because the reason Im fighting so hard is because that was a gift for my 10 year old son.

I need that money back to get him a new gift. I struggled to get that gift and am not in a position to take a loss.

Please help. I dont mean to be difficult I just want my refund for an item that Ive returned.

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Avoid items by BEST CHOICE, they take no responsibility for their damaged products, instead they make Walmart deal with it… and that’s where your hassle will begin.

nicole c Oen

Companies have gotten worse about giving you the run around especially over the phone. Nobody wants to do their job anymore.

Rumple S

| map-marker Gun Barrel City, Texas

10 day hold, after being verified by everyone

Walmart - 10 day hold, after being verified by everyone
Updated by user Apr 22, 2024

I will go out of my way to never go there again

Original review Apr 21, 2024
For a company that rants saving and ease of shopping this company by far is the worst in your community let me explain. They say they bring work to the community, first the building is sub contracted with companies that do not live there.

Oooh the cashier pullers and stockers, you mean slave labor. You never give them enough hours for health care by the way I live in a poor communality where the average income wage out here 45,000 a year. Then do you think they put the money from the sale of products back into the community to make it better. Nope *** call the corporate office and ask where they are..hint its not even in the United States.

Companies like this are robbing your communities blind to save a 15 buck off your bill. Now we all know their customer service is like talking to a clueless 12 year old who found their parents booze. 4am I ordered food, by the way Im disabled vet, going through chemo, and been out of work since November 2023 have a service dog they took the last of my money did not give me a single thing. store says one thing not sure whats going on call corporate office they says another, they have given me a bunch of empty promises and here I am 4 days later with nothing.

And say they cant do anything about it. bS you go up high enough and you can. So my dog is being taken care of for a trade of designs. But I have had 2 snacks since then and that was 4 days ago great job Walmart for really putting the effort in to screw someone who served this country.

they dont give two flying blanks about either. well Walmart I will call you every day till I get what is mine. Dont like me great give me my money and I will go away. IDGAF you are screwing poor people out of money that is not yours and acting like your in the right, I will cuss out everyone on your corporate office staff cause at the Walmart the highest ranking person will barely have the ability to give someone a break that is required by law.

You have to deal with me till I get what is mine and then I will never step foot in your store again that takes from the community. Its time we push these crap companies out of our communities and allow local businesses to get in and help our community.

Walmart you are the absolute thing that is wrong with this country all your board member at their death will have to answer for the sins you continually commit. Im incouraginh everyone to steal from this store because they may write it off but it will be a year before they see it.
Loss:
Pros:
  • Bunch cheaply made cheap crap
Cons:
  • Walmart nuff said

Preferred solution: Price reduction

User's recommendation: Don’t trust a word they say they lie like we need water

Resolved
Kimberley B Zyx

| map-marker Amsterdam, New York

Resolved: I got beat on a recipe from the self checkout 20

Updated by user Jul 16, 2024

Company fixed the issue and I have been provided with apology. Walmart called me and told me to come. In and get my money back after me making 3 calls to the main b

Original review Jul 09, 2024

I have called the main branch three times. The local Walmart does not answer the phones.

When they do, they say hold on, transfer me to customer service and all it does is ring, ring, ring, if it doesn't get disconnected. Now, I called the main branch and a manager is supposed to call me. It's been 12 hours. Hmmm.

Do you think they will? It's a joke. It upsets them if you steal from them but if they steal money from you, it's okay?

Hello! Watch out.

User's recommendation: Watch Walmart on everything they don't make things right when they make mistakes all they do is hide behind in one another they truly are jokes!

map-marker Waco, Texas

Complaint

I ordered 4 mattresses from Walmart for my children. (2 twins, 2 fulls specifically) This store said they did not have them for pick up, but I could order for delivery and they would arrive the next day.

(We had just moved and were affected by a recent weather related disaster. ) The next day came and I tracked my delivedy so I knew when to be home. It said the driver, whose name was German, picked up my order and was on his way to me. Not even 2 minutes later, it said "delivery attempted".

Not knowing what this meant I called Walmart customer service and was told to go back to the store because it showed the order was at the store, the Hewitt location specifically. I went there and waited as instructed. No one came to me, so I tried again for customer service and they said there was nothing they could do until I went back to the store to pick up my order and then if there was an issue with the items then they could assist.I had to flag down an associate in the parking lot for curbside, as I was told to go there since they switched my order to curbside and it said it was available for pick up. The associate, came back with another employee, both looked like high school kids, and told me my order was not at the store because it doesn't show that the items were listed there and once it is picked up by a Spark driver, they have no way of tracking it and that my items were most likely stolen.

So, obviously upset because the order total was $740, I called customer service again and told them what these employees told me. They said I needed to cancel my order and reorder it so I did. My money went back into my account right away. I reordered the mattresses and was told they would be ready for pick up the next day due to them having to be delivered from another store.

I was okay with that, since it meant my children would finally have a bed to sleep in. The next day came and again, the curbside people said they never received my order, even though the app informed me I could pick up my order anytime after 11am. I had to be at work by noon so I was there at 1120 to pick up my order. Still no order.

Called customer service who said they did not know what to do at this point, and that since I needed to go to work they could have the order switched to delivery. I decided to do that. Same thing happened all over again! I called customer service, and told them this and demanded to know the driver's contact information.

The customer service associate, who was from Australia, informed me he would provide me with this number after he made an attempt to reach the driver himself. After several minutes passed with me on hold, this associate comes back and states that the driver spoke no english and since he did not know spanish, he was unable to communicate with this driver. Now it has been 10 days later and I still have not received my refund and need that money so I can re-purchase my children's mattresses elsewhere. My children still do not have beds, and have been sleeping in my bed while I sleep on the floor.

I am a hardworking mother of 4, working in public service and also a full time student finishing my degree. The lack of sleep, due to not getting very good aleep, is affecting me at work and my ability to function day to day.

I have reached out to Walmart customer service several times and all they keep informing me is that, they need more time to continue processing my refund and it can take 10 business days. This is crap!

User's recommendation: Shop elsewhere

Julen Wca

You need to work on your English before bashing others for their English. Also demanding things is rude. Learn some manners.

Lucine Fmg

| map-marker Syracuse, New York

Return

Walmart - Return
Walmart - Return - Image 2
Walmart - Return - Image 3

Order number 200011*-***23717. Powersmart usa.com.

I need repairs done on that push mower. Model: DB2194CR Engine: 170 cc OHV 4 cycle cutting width 20.5" Serial number 001200****40060****. Order through Walmart. Com.

Send me to the nearest Powersmart repair shop thanks. Calling Powersmart is like un real .Can I get some help on this matter.

User's recommendation: Get the big picture

Hope P Lme

Walmart - They stole my money - Image 3
Walmart - They stole my money - Image 4
Walmart - They stole my money - Image 5
Walmart - They stole my money - Image 6

Im so upset im a single mother of two and i placed an order through walmart delivery so incould feed my kids. I dont drive.

Upon going outside to bring my groceries in they only brought me four items and i purchased $80. I called walmart and told them they said they couldnt help me or refund my money. I told them to look at the picture that they tookbof my order you can clearly see my stuff wasnt there. So if employees decide to keep some of your items its ok.

They didnt even look into it. They just stole food out of my kids mouth and i have to deal with it.

I had nothing else to feed my kids. Im so sad

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Dont do walmart delivery

Naziya Wbo

I also ordered delivery and was missing over $60 worth of item. I am also struggling and that was my groceries for the week.

A refund was issued, but takes 10 days to put the money back in my account. They offered me a $25 off promotion code, but that does not help me reorder the items. I literally spent over an hour and a half on the phone and was hung up on twice. If you didn’t know, when you order groceries, they also put a hold on your account of about an extra $50 above the purchase amount.

That’s over $100 I am waiting 10 days for a refund.

I had to overdraw my account to feed my family. Walmart has to do better.

Resolved
Regenia Jqv

Verified Reviewer

Resolved: No resolution for the problems they create

Walmart - No resolution for the problems they create
Walmart - No resolution for the problems they create - Image 2
Walmart - No resolution for the problems they create - Image 3
Walmart - No resolution for the problems they create - Image 4
Updated by user Dec 15, 2023

Company fixed the issue and I have been provided with apology. After I filed an official complaint with the better business bureau, I was finally contacted by a Walmart representative from the resolution center and I was offered a credit of $125

Updated by user Nov 14, 2023

I was obligated to cancel the order and complain to the creditor in order to receive a refund

Original review Nov 14, 2023
$600 TV WTF is happening???.
The order was made on November 8th and was supposed to arrive November 9th.
The 3rd party delivery service you employ is horrible as well as communication between delivery service and Walmart customer service.. time is wasted waiting on delivery service with no way to contact them.

Tracking shows driver en route then suddenly disappeared and later I'm notified he arrived at 9:24 am prior to 10:11am which was the time I was told the driver would arrive by. The app doesn't give me any other options for this delivery! Cancelling membership ASAP!
Costumer service representatives are as helpful as they can be with Walmart's bogus policies...
I blame corporate for being cheap and using an unprofessional 3rd party delivery service.
Whichever company it is in South Gate that provides this service for that local Walmart.
They NEVER answer the phones or pickup and delivery at this location! 4651 Firestone Blvd, South Gate, CA 90280
November 11th I attempted to pick up the television myself at the Firestone location, as I was advised to do by customer service and at the store when I was able to speak with someone, and was told that my order cannot be changed from delivery to pick up.

Neither corporate or that location could change it. As I waited for the associate to return with more information I witnessed a independent delivery driver get assistance from a Walmart associate to put a 70-in television inside his Jeep, which didn't fit, so he placed it on his roof and tied it down. This is very irresponsible on behalf of Walmart and whoever they contract to deliver products.
There is no reason why a big corporation such as Walmart is using third party delivery services such as Lyft and Uber to deliver expensive and bulky items, such as a 70-in television. It would be wise for Walmart to have their own delivery service and be provided with vans and trucks in order to deliver huge items to paying customers.

I was supposed to receive my television 3 days ago when I received a notification from Walmart stating the delivery would come at 10:11 a.m. and while I tracked the delivery drivers vehicle on the website, I could see he was 18 minutes away, when I checked back 10 minutes later the tracking was no longer available and when I checked the Walmart app for the status it said attempted delivery at 9:24 and I was not provided with any options for redelivery or pickup via Walmart app.

And the text I received from Walmart for the delivery does not contain a complete callback number when I receive the text back for help. I have attempted to escalate this issue!
Loss:

Preferred solution: Reimbursement for time and gas

User's recommendation: Customer service or corporate won't help you!

Ma J Kcv

| map-marker San Jacinto, California

No solution

Walmart - No solution

I wanted to return two orders that I purchased online. I even purchased Walmart+, but they didn't help me return the items for store credit or a Walmart gift card, of which I have a receipt as proof of purchase.

Loss:
Pros:
  • Love service
Cons:
  • Misinformation

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Be sure you can return items that are purchased

Amrita S Ygs

| map-marker Springfield, Pennsylvania

Very bad with pick up orders

Walmart - Very bad with pick up orders

I had my order ready for pick up for today and they canceled it at the last minute. Very annoying experience!!

Pros:
  • Good prices and merchandise
Cons:
  • Very bad with pick up orders

Preferred solution: Apology

Hailey S Ity

Inconvenience and annoyance

Walmart - Inconvenience and annoyance
Walmart - Inconvenience and annoyance - Image 2
Walmart - Inconvenience and annoyance - Image 3

I became a Walmart Plus member because it was convenient for somebody like myself who does not drive. Over the past several months the service has become nothing but a nuisance.

Delivery drivers going to the wrong house me having to stand outside with a flashlight waving them down in the middle of the night and now this has been the third time not first not second but third time I've had a Walmart Sparks delivery driver start shopping for the order I took an hour to place and within one minute every item on my list was unavailable ... Walmart is the biggest supercenter I've ever seen you can't tell me every one of those items were unavailable at the same time.

The driver wouldn't even be able to make it through the store in 1 minute that's how big it is so one by one by one by one each one of my items became unavailable and then the order just gets canceled out so I called the store and they give me the runaround so then I call the 1-800 number then I try to find the Sparks number and then give me the runaround and I am so tired of it now here I am having to go out myself to get dinner because WalMart delivery drivers don't want to do their jobs don't take the order if you don't want to shop for it ... For the amount of money I spend there in one month this is not how it's supposed to be like I said joined for convenience and this is nothing but a headache

Pros:
  • Good selection
  • Good prices
Cons:
  • Shoppers and drivers making a lot of mistakes

Preferred solution: I want a discount. Or a gift card for all the time I've wasted dealing with these issues

Letisha Pha

| map-marker Louisville, Kentucky

Failure to fix a fraud/ hacked gift card like I could change or stop the situation

Walmart - Failure to fix a fraud/ hacked gift card like I could change or stop the...

To most 100 dollars isnt much. The company I worked for bought them in bulk cause they never expire and hands them out to employees.

Well if you buy in bulk then there is an activation process unlike if I get a gift card less than 259 there its ready to go. Well in the picture below you can clearly tell someone has hacked the card. The transactions do not even make sense and yet they still have not fixed it. Which is funny because on there it looks like they may had fixed it at first but let them tell it they never had done anything to the card this is after we figure out that it wasnt until we woke to them that it became compromised and taken over.

Well its been months and my luck is just getting worse so now Im really in need of this hundred dollars that I never had a chance to spend.

Will Walmart make this right? Or are they just another big company that do not care about the customers my experience is they do not care about us from instores to on the phone.

User's recommendation: Local shopping

| map-marker Tennille, Georgia

Your warranties are no good

Walmart - Your warranties are no good

Bought hamilton beach h microwave on 1-6-24 and stopped working on 5-25-24. Had my receipt and was told they could not help me.

Will not ever buy another appliance from Walmart but I also know you do not care. They could have at least gave me a gift card.

This is ridiculous. Reba Reeves

User's recommendation: Do not buy appliances from walmart

John A Cll

| map-marker Sturbridge, Massachusetts

Unprofessional Customer Service

Walmart - Unprofessional Customer Service
Walmart - Unprofessional Customer Service - Image 2

I shop at the Walmart in Sturbridge, MA 01566, store #2797. I come to shop here frequently, about 3 to 4 times a week.

Tonight, Tuesday 04/23/2024, I had a very frustrating and unpleasant experience with front end employees. The hours of operation say this store is open until 11PM. I had a matter in which I needed a real person with a register. The self checkout will not do the task.

It was 10:30PM when I was trying to resolve this matter. Still 30 minutes until close. The young employees up front told me all of the tills have been taken from the registers and that I would have to come back tomorrow. No one was even at the service desk, so apparently the 11PM closing time is really before 10:30PM.

Mind you, the young lady who told me this had a mouth full of food, sitting on the bagging area of one of the self checkout machines where people put the items they purchase. That includes food items. That is filthy not to mention talking to me with a mouth full of food. They had no ambition to go above and beyond to possibly find a solution for me, resulting in a completely horrible experience.

Very unprofessional customer service and poor employee standards. The store was still open but unfortunately I was turned away because maybe they wanted to get home sooner. It shouldnt matter if there are 5 minutes left until close, there should be a person on a register instead of leaving incompetent machines left to do the rest of the work. From a frequent customer here in Sturbridge, I will now take my business elsewhere.

Im sure you receive complaints like this a lot and one customer wont make a dent in terms of filling the pockets of the head honchos.

But if I do not hear back, I will continually leave reviews across all platforms. Very disrespected, unhappy and frustrated with the customer service tonight.

So, please feel free to contact me.

Thanks

Pros:
  • Usually good customer service
Cons:
  • Unpleasant experience with certain employees

Preferred solution: A change in the customer service and my experience as a shopper.

Ronda J Iio

| map-marker Boonville, Missouri

Ethics complaint

I have been a regular customer all my adult life. I will NEVER give them any more of my business.

Today, I went to the Boonville Walmart. Only 2 checkouts were open. There are many reasons why I refuse to use self-check out. I had 8 items and was the 3rd in line.

The lady in front of me ended up having issues with a register malfunction. They took out all her items (about 35) from her bag and started over. I patiently waited and conversed with the lady behind me. A 2nd attempt to check out lady #1 failed, and the supervisor said, 'Go to another checkout!' I stated, 'This could have been done in a way where the one who has been in line the longest doesn't have to be the last one in the new line'.

Since the last person in line now became the first to get to the newly opened checkout lane. The supervisor yelled at me, 'Yeah, and you could have switched when I told you it would be a minute! If you have an issue, then go to the customer service desk!'.

She shouted this in a very rude, hateful and aggressive manner. It was absolutely UNPROFESSIONAL!

Cons:
  • Low inventory
  • No customer service

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: Find a new company to give your business... even if it costs more.

Julen Wca

You may be an adult but you sure do not behave like one. Trust me you will not be missed.

An "adult" does not allow ONE BAD EXPERIENCE stop them from returning to a company. Besides an adult would have the common sense to go to another checkout without being asked. She was NOT rude.

An adult knows that just someone did not let you have your way does not make them rude. Even if she were rude, if you had not acted like a rude immature child and ran your mouth off she would not need to defend herself.

reply icon Replying to comment of Julen Wca

I offered a solution to a poor customer service problem. I was polite.

She was nasty. This is NOT my first incident with this store. My local Mom/Pop grocery store is friendly and they care if a customer has been patiently waiting and they offer solutions because they value your time and your business.

I don't care if I'm not missed. I simply choose good customer service and a friendly staff.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2548286

You were rude when you told her how she should have handled things foolish child. If you cannot keep your RUDE opinions to yourself you had it coming.

I don't blame you for being rude and knowing. Your parents raised you poorly so you don't know any better.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2548286

You didn't need to offer a solution. Mind your own business and be patient. YOU WERE NOT PATIENT FOOLISH LITTLE GIRL .

reply icon Replying to comment of Julen Wca

Just goes to show this world knows nothing about customer service. Customers should never be yelled at over simple suggestions.

Mind my own business?

How ironic... whose business was it if not mine?

View more comments (4)