I'm a 40 year old mother of two and my purse is a small black book bag filled with diapers and kid stuff. The only thing I have that is mine is a orginizational makeup bag with slots on the outside for my credit cards.

I was not allowed to have my purse in walmart. I was taken to the manager and she just rolled her eyes and said leave it at the front. I have been carring that bag for 2 years. If I have a real diaper bag it would be TWICE as big.If I was 15, I could understand.

I even showed the person at the front what was inside.

Product or Service Mentioned: Walmart Manager.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Jun 15, 2008.

Comments

They had no right to do that. You should complain to the head office.

Trutnov, Kralovehradecky Kraj, Czech Republic #23980

Maybe you are a shoplifter and thats why they made you leave your bag in the front, any body of any age or color for that matter has been known to steal. Or maybe the store has a theft problem and this was the store mangers way of dealing with it.

Remember that store theft costs everyone from the employees to the customers. What is wrong with you?

Nuuk, Vestgronland, Greenland #18271

Perhaps the whole letter is a joke since she basically wrote the same thing in her letter about 15 year old's. Then again there are people out there who are bold enough to say things online that they would not dare say in public.

People tend to hide behind their computers and shoot out their true feelings. If this is not a joke and her true feelings her kids are going to learn things the hard way and have a difficult life. If it is a joke than this person has poor taste.

You should have read the letter before it was edited though. In the original post it said :

"If I was 15 or black skinned, I could understand"

Houtzdale, Pennsylvania, United States #18218

No one in their right mind would state in writing that comment about being black or a teenager.

And I am a WHITE Mom who carries a diaper bag! That comment had to be written as a joke to get people stirred up!

Goldsboro, North Carolina, United States #17499

What does being a 40 year old mother have to do with anything. You are prejudiced against teenagers.

It should not matter how old you are it is the same principle, you should be allowed to carry your purse with you whethere you are 15 or 40. Also your comment about undertanding them making you leave your bag behind if you are black sickens me. Basically you think that because you are white 40 year old you should be treated differently than a black 40 year old. Are you teaching your children such hate towards blacks.

It should also not matter if you are black or white, 40, or 15 the same rule(though I admit is ***) applies to everyone. Don't discrimate against teens and blacks and assume they are the type to shoplift.

Goldsboro, North Carolina, United States #17477

It has been two days and I still have not heard them back from them. Like I said a 40 year old mother should be able to carry a diaper bag.

I even showed them what was inside. I would understand them asking me to leave my bag behind if I were black, or a teenager, but as a 40 year old caucasion mother of two I feel that there was no reason for them to make me leave my bag up front.