Ease of Use
Layout of Store

I had coupons for free items that expire today. Took to Walmart in Thomasville, AL and shopped for an hour to be sure that all items matched the coupons EXACTLY!

When I went to check out , the manager said they couldn't take the free coupons unless they were BOGO with an exact price listed on the face. Messaged Walmart to complain, and was told that each store's manager can make their own coupon policy!! I asked her what the point is of having a policy online (which states not only do they take coupons for free items, but they have to refund or put the excess amount to the basket total if the coupon is for more than the items price) so we have a store that doesn't honor the policy as stated online. We would have to drive more than 50 miles to another store, and the payoff would not support the price for going.

I will drive the extra 50+ miles to go to Winn Dixie from now on. NEVER will I go back to that store again, and I will seriously question whether I will go to ANY Walmart again!!!!!!!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Walmart Coupon.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Refusal to abide by online coupon policy guideline.

Comments

Fullerton, California, United States #1264032

You are a dullard aren't you? Driving the extra 50 miles will probably cost you more in gas than saving on the coupons.

libbythompson15
to MakeMyDay2016 East Arlington, Vermont, United States #1265644

You posted comments on other peoples grammar, but do you realize that there should be a comma between dullard and aren't you? Really, you shouldn't slam other peoples grammar until yours is perfect.

Or better yet, just don't say mean things to people!

to libbythompson15 Fullerton, California, United States #1265912

You yourself are missing a few commas so STFU.

to MakeMyDay2016 Mannford, Oklahoma, United States #1266096

MakeMyDay2016, I agree with you. Kinda seems like she believes everything she reads online.

*** happens though.

Even I check my orders after walking out of a restaurant because I have been shorted before even though everything I ordered was on the receipt.

user10378442
Dahlonega, Georgia, United States #1263762

I believe Walmarts policy should be the same policy for all stores. It should be a mirror image of each other.

I believe you was told this because it lets that manager off the hook. From getting in trouble with the higher ups.

Mannford, Oklahoma, United States #1263654

Online and in store are different. You are aware of this as well so you have no reason to complain.

libbythompson15
to realm188 East Arlington, Vermont, United States #1265640

No, I was not aware of this until AFTER the shopping trip in which the coupons were rejected! I carry a copy of every stores policy in my coupon folder, which I got online from their sites.

The other stores I shop at will agree to abide by the rules posted online, but the one in Thomasville, AL didn't even want to see the rules. Maybe it has to do with it being in a very small town, but the rules should be the same EVERYWHERE!

to libbythompson15 Mannford, Oklahoma, United States #1265688

Walmart.com has no overhead while the stores do. They are ran differently.

It's also in a different state. So why would you go by stuff that's online?

Plus, that store may have had issues with those coupons in the past.

to realm188 Fullerton, California, United States #1265917

You can tell this person is not very smart. The fact that they would travel 50 extra miles and spend money on gas shows how foolish this person is.

I feel sorry for her husband and I wonder is she is even old enough to drive and be married. Even a six year old would know it is better to not be able to use coupons than to spend $50 or so on gas to save $10.