4.2
Layout of Store

I visited Walmart located in North Bergen, NJ tonight at approx. 10:00pm to pick up a few things.

I had a six bypass open heart surgery last year and my legs were operated as well so I normally go to the electronics area to pay because I cannot stand for too long. Well after waiting for over 25 minutes in the electronics area, the associate said she could not take the bananas I had in the cart because she did not have a scale because the store is in the process of renovations in different areas. Then when I went to pay, she told me she couldn't take my EBT card because that area was not set up for cards. At this point, I am in so much pain from waiting for so long, I asked to see a Manager.

I went to the front and explained to him about the situation in the back and he said he would take care of my items with a sales associate. The associate scanned my items and one of the items was a can of Keebler crackers which he did not place but instead dropped from the top of the bag and they made a big bang. I ignored it until he took my bundle of bananas and did the same thing. There was no need for this associate to throw the items the way he did and so I told him to please discontinue this practice with the food items.

The same manager asked what had happened and both of them apologized. I feel the associate was upset that he had to open the register and take my order because I have never had my food items handled in such a disrespectful manner. When I got home the bananas were very bruised and the can of crackers were all crushed at the bottom, making them uneatable. I was so upset that I threw both items away in the garbage.

It is unfortunate that this happened because I visit this Walmart at least 5 times a week. I feel like I was disrespected and not treated like a customer should be treated and most of all I feel discriminated because of my disabilities.

It saddens me because I think I am going to look elsewhere to do my shopping. I enjoy each and every visit I make to Walmart because of the convenience it provides.

Product or Service Mentioned: Walmart Customer Care.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Poor customer service.

Comments

drjonah
Whitewater, Wisconsin, United States #1211791

Every Walmart I've been in, the Electronics department is all the way in the back of the store. If your legs are that bad, why are you walking all the way back there to check out instead of right up front where the produce section is?

And if your legs are that bad, you should use an electric cart.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States #1211279

Common sense tells you that produce has to be weighed. Would you go to the pharmacist to purchase cigarettes?

Of course not. You need to go to the correct register to get rung up. Next time, get an electric cart, a wheelchair, or whatever and check out at the correct register.

They did nothing wrong other than their poor attitude, which you caused. People need to start taking responsibility for their own actions.

snugglegirl05
Houston, Texas, United States #1211081

The bananas you wanted to buy have to be weighed. The only way produce can be weighed is at the front of the store where a cashier can do this with a scale.

Why did you think that Electronics could do this?